The Great Underground Railway System

Everything related to the old Tekkit Server
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

The Great Underground Railway System

Post by Balthelion » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:15 pm

So, I've worked out that I can cover my kingdom using just four railway lines. I've also concluded that by extending those four out from both ends of my kingdom, and adding two more lines, i can pretty much cover the entire map with an underground system.

My proposed route layout is shown below:
Global.png
Global.png (1 MiB) Viewed 2501 times
Global.png
Global.png (1 MiB) Viewed 2501 times
I would then repurpose the flag icons to represent railway lines rather than kingdom markers, so we can not only have uniform icons for all stations on the map, but also colours to represent which railway line(s) they belong to.

Of course, Routes will be subject to planning permission if i stray too close to anyones structures and stuff. New railways will probably be at a depth of 40, maybe even lower, to ensure that even the sea shouldnt go deep enough to cause trouble.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Niliak
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Re: The Great Underground Railway System

Post by Niliak » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Sounds like a lot of work! Having only seen minecraft from your videos, i'm intrigued to see how you can get to the point of being able to make something like this!

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:23 am

Niliak wrote:Sounds like a lot of work! Having only seen minecraft from your videos, i'm intrigued to see how you can get to the point of being able to make something like this!
That series is a different modpack (Yogbox). Although it would be possible to do a basic railway with vanilla minecraft, What i'm capable of in the modpack we have on the server (Tekkit Classic) is WAAAAAAy more advanced :D

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:29 pm

LOL your MAD, given the work involved in just linking the Creche Kingdoms with your Isle, now look at all those lines you want to build!

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:39 am

Well, with the new tunnels planned to be a lot deeper (Floor at Y=35 to 40, instead of 54), it will be deep enough to avoid any land based water supplies, and hopefully deep enough to get under the deepest parts of seas (falling sand included). Meaning that tunnel bores will be a lot more effective when left to their own devices.

Plus, with the new mining tools, manual tunnel excavation will be DAMN quick now, since you can excavate not only the tunnel, but every block surrounding it (so floor, walls, ceiling) too, which you would have to do at some point anyway to replace everything with marble brick.

Simply put - The hardest part will be manually powering the damn things after they are built, and relaying the track. Getting the tunnels dug and the walls/floor/ceiling filled with marble will be dead easy.

I'm probably not going to be doing anymore railway work outside my kingdom until I've at least got the tunnels for my four lines dug out. Plenty of stations to gradually add over time too, or expand to cater to more than one railway line.