Everything related to the old Tekkit Server
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Re: Minecraft Chat

Post by Balthelion » Thu May 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Solar Panel Factory

I need to set up a shop that makes solar panels too. Naturally an over-elaborate design with switches that can be toggled to determine the maximum level of output.
  1. Factory input will involve ONE chest allowing for generic EMC input, solar panels, solar arrays (any type) and transformers (any type). Panels, Arrays & Transformers will go to their appropriate storage spaces within the factory. Generic EMC will be distributed around the factory as required.
  2. Regular solar panels will be made by default.
  3. If the 1st switch is on, these solar panels continue around the factory, and are upgraded into low voltage arrays. If the switch is off, the solar panels are sent to the factory output instead.
  4. If the 2nd switch is on, the low voltage arrays continue around the factory, and are upgraded into medium voltage arrays. If the switch is off, the low voltage arrays are sent to the factory output instead.
  5. If the 3rd switch is on, the medium voltage arrays continue around the factory, and are upgraded into high voltage arrays. If the switch is off, the medium voltage arrays are sent to the factory output instead.
  6. Factory output will be one of more chests for storage of any panels or arrays the factory has crafted.
Honestly, I don’t see the need for making myself a nuclear reactor, beyond making one for its own sake because it’s cool. Solar Panels are more than enough to get me by, even with the crazy amount of overclocking I have going on (8 overclockers for every machine)

Once I’ve made the solar panel factory, it will be able to produce high voltage arrays easily, which would easily provide enough energy for even the most demanding of applications. I’m specifically thinking of teleportation platforms here, as that is the only device that comes to mind for which I might struggle to power currently (or more specifically: recharge after its first use)

Greenhouse

My crop growing is continuing nicely. I’ve decided to dedicate a “bay” to each particular crop, with the exception of flowers because that doesn’t really matter. Each bay holds 8 crops, and has 6 plots for crossbreeding.

I’m keeping the 8 best seeds of each crop as the parent plants. If one of the newly crossbred plants is better, I replace the parent plant with the new one, and scrap the old one). If the crossbred plant is crap, it scrap that, and keep any harvest from it. Not that sometimes it can produce an entirely different species of crop, in which case the same rules apply, but to a different crop bay.

All scrapped seeds are being fed into the greenhouse recycler, almost like making compost (it’s actually used to make scrap for production of fertiliser).

So far I have dedicated bays set up for the four basic vanilla crops (Wheat, Reed, Melon, Pumpkin) set up, as well as Nether Wart, and three more generic bays on that side of the factory.

On the “advanced” side of the factory, I’ve been setting up bays dedicated to the new crops. So far, I’ve got Hope, Coffee, Cocoa & Stickreed. The four remaining bays are generic ones again for the time being, although mostly dedicated to flowers at present. Breeds of flowers I’ve discovered so far include Blackthorn, Cyazint, Venomilia and Tulip.

I’m still in the process of filtering through my old seeds to decide whether to bin them, or plant them, depending on their stats. It’s a very slow process, and I have A LOT of seeds.

Thankfully it’s a lot easier with the dedicated bays to manage the new seeds that I harvest. I just go in, smash up the 6 new plants to get any seeds that drop and scan them on the spot. Any seeds that look promising I can immediately compare to the current selection of parent plants nad replace as necessary. Any crap seeds I just now put inside a new ender puch (Triple Lime), which puts them inside an ender chest in the basement, from which the greenhouse will automatically pump them into the recycler. So I don’t even need to move to dispose of seeds anymore :).

Tavern

Still need to build this, and still planning to build this above the cargo station. To that end, I first need to construct the roof to the cargo station’s platforms, including installing suitable lighting to stop all the nasties spawning in there. I also need to install a suitable staircase from the station down to the cargo platforms. I’ve kind of half down that already. Once that is in place, I can do some landfilling to fill in the pit back to surface level. I will then be able to start work on designing the tavern itself.

Now, there may be some challenges with this. I think the alcohol in the kegs might expire after a certain length of time, based on an incident where I wasn’t able to refill my mug at a keg I had hardly used a while back. If this is true (and I’d need to research it), then that ruins my plans of having the kegs behind the bar counter in the tavern, and I’d have to manually extract all the beer/rum in advance, and store the filled mugs in the bar somewhere.

On a positive note though, now that ever since I got my second Hops plant, it meant that I was constantly able to crossbreed the two to get a new third plant, and it snowballed from there, so I now have a full bay in the greenhouse dedicated to Hops production. In other words, I can regularly brew lots of beer and rum for the tavern.

I haven’t created any new beers though, beyond the nice tipple “Dragonblood”, and “THE BLACK STUFF” which is honesty not fit for human consumption xD.

Disneyland Valyria

Did a bit more work on this recently, excavating some space inside the volcano in preparation for some work on the rollercoaster. It’s actually quite spacious, at least at ground level. Still needs plenty of excavating before I can start designing the rollercoaster layout in this interior space.

It’s still never going to get done though. Maybe now theres a lot of us we should gather up one weekend and do loads of work on the theme park in general? Might be a good idea.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:38 pm

With holidays and work not been on much, nearly finished the cosmetic refit of the red line, once that is done going to start work on clearing the ground and building Disneyland hotel, crystal maze and couple of basic water rides near the entrance.

Do a couple of prototype lamp posts for disney land as well, see what people like, asa bit of lighting makes it easier to keep working through the night without naughty creepers blowing stuff up :)

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:30 am

Preaching to the choir I'm sure, but Interdiction torches really are great for the job, even if they're only temporary, since not only do they light the place up to stop spawns, when (not if) an errant creeper appears, he can't get close enough to you to blow up anyway.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:05 am

Since I haven't been playing much Minecraft of late, I won't be aware of if the server could use a restart, so feel free to give me a shout here if you think it does and I'll do it ASAP.

Niliak
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Post by Niliak » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:21 pm

I'm wondering if anyone can help seeing as i'm rubbish with redstone stuff.

I'm playing vanilla minecraft and trying to create a trapdoor pitfall trap (Sort of Jabba's Palace Stylee) that I can operate from a lever nearby. The whole circuit needs to be hidden underground and the trap is only made up of 2x2 square of trapdoors. I've got it to work so the circuit is the same level as the trapdoors but trying to replicate it below isn't working.

I've googled and youtubed it to death but can't find anything :-/ .

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:21 pm