Minecraft Chat

Everything related to the old Tekkit Server
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Re: Minecraft Chat

Post by Balthelion » Thu May 02, 2013 5:10 pm

OK will add you to the whitelist tonight.

Take a look at the rules in the meantime (Most of it is basically common sense stuff anyway rather than anything unique to our server).

Also have a look at the map for an idea of which unclaimed kingdom you would like to set up shop in. You don't have to decide on one now, or even soon after you join the server, but as per the rules, you won't be able to do anything too grand until you've got your own private place to do it in. You can of course go exploring around as much as you like before coming to a decision. There are currently 4 unclaimed kingdoms remaining (designated on the map as Woods, Northwest, North Mainland & South Mainland), basically in the corners of the map.

High Voltage

Well I had a little mess around last night, making loads of overclocker and transformer upgrades for my machinery at Dragonstone. Those of you who have visited Dragonstone will know that the inner city machinery is powered by four solar arrays, one in each corner (three technically, since the south-east still doesn’t have one yet). Note that arrays in my context just means “lots of normal solar panels in one place” rather than the actual solar array items.

Each solar array (making low voltage electricity) stored its power in an MFE (medium voltage). Wires them ran from here to the two adjacent innercity buildings either side of the corner, where it was stepped down to low voltage, and then had further storage of 3 batboxes on each side of the building (each side servicing 9 machines each).

I have now upgraded one of the corners (south-west – Macerator, Extractor, Nether Ore and Charging Facilities) to produce high voltage. The solar panels are still as normal, however given the recent Dynmap upgrade has probably sorted out the graphical issues with actual solar array blocks displaying on the map, I will be investigating this to make sure it is the case, and then over time upgrading them to high voltage arrays.

Power now feeds into an MFSU instead of an MFE (10 million EU storage instead of 600k), and is outputted at high voltage instead of medium voltage. The Charging Bench can actually take this straight, which is great, And I’ve always used Glass Fibre cable because whenever I got around to upgrading everything, I knew it could take it too. Power sontinues to be pumped via glass fibre cables to the associated outbuildings.

Now, in the outbuildings, all machines have been given THREE transformer upgrades (the most that can be applied with effects, the fourth or more will have no effect), which means they can take everything except raw nuclear power without exploding now (NOTE: Transformers have to be applied before connecting the power, or BOOM. Same if you remove the upgrades before unplugging the machines). So in short, all machines can accept high voltage now.

In the building, current is no longer stepped down, and is maintained at high voltage where it is stored in two additional MFSU units (one for each side of the building, servicing 9 machines each). So yeah, if 9 machines can drain 10 million EU units faster than it can replenish from another 10 million EU unit and solar panels – well played.

Will be testing how much I can overclock these machines now too. I think they could take a maximum of 8 at low voltage, and I think either there’s a hard cap of 16, or that’s the point where diminishing returns make it not worth it.

Will also be trying to make and install some energy storage upgrades for the machines too at some point. I’m going to give this new setup a thorough stress testing, then likely roll out the changes to the other two existing solar arrays in use.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Thu May 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Added to whitelist.

Side note, server ram is crazy atm, anyone got something hardcore running?

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Thu May 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Theres a countdown to a new tekkit release tomorrow (although some people have been saying the tiemr keeps resetting to 2 days): http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

Not sure if this applies to Tekkit Classic or Tekkit Lite. Or even both of them, if it recombines them (Lite only launched as a stripped down version of classic because some mods were not being updated fast enough).

If it DOES apply to tekkit classic, and we don't get a choice in the upgrade, We're loosing IndustrialCraft, RedPower and Railcraft for starters, which fucks me over royally since they are my three main mods :P. Some great new mods in it however.

Niliak
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Post by Niliak » Thu May 02, 2013 10:48 pm

I was going to ask to have a nose around a train station to see how various bits work, I'll hold fire if things are going to change :P

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri May 03, 2013 1:24 am

The countdown timer is now 30 days and a bit, lol.

Feel free to pop into dragonstone station to take a look around. Red line plaform is the best to look at. Access to the back room and the junction wiring is from the red line departure platform. Everything is colour coded as per my key in a post a page or two back, so refer to that is anything confuses you.

Xothir
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Xothir » Fri May 03, 2013 12:19 pm

So how do i see which territories are whose? cant mostly just see lines, and alot of areas with no apparent symbols in :3
Xothir - Lv 85 Champion

Xothir
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Xothir » Fri May 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Actually, just figured it out, I wish to claim "woods" If its still possible.

As im writing this, im gona make a long journey by foot, or by boat to visit my possibly future kingdom. :3
Xothir - Lv 85 Champion

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri May 03, 2013 4:01 pm

Yep, Woods are free. And as a direct neighbor to myself, this stand you in good stead for being connected to railways pretty quick :)

If you can get yourself a minecart, you can boat over to the Westerlands Pier on the western edge of my kingdom, plonk your cart down there, and get a free ride right over to the eastern border of my kingdom (ie, your border) to save you some running.

Xothir
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Xothir » Tue May 07, 2013 9:21 am

Well might aswell keep an update log of what i do xD

Automation, The road of the lazy
So yes, as the title says ive started automating my systems, finished the automated Macerator and electric furnances yesterday, and tied them with pipes so i can simply put ores in a chest close to my house and finished ingots will come in the chest besides it. Basicly did this so i didn't have to run to the machine init self which is a bit away.

Quite satisfied with the outcome of it

Next project is probably gona be to upgrade to a larger power supply and get the electricity and pipes into the mines so i can quicky get stuff up.

Edit: Could i get the purple flag for my own evil purposes? xD

-Xothir
-Exlies
Xothir - Lv 85 Champion

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed May 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Well I’ve been a busy beaver this weekend in Minecraft, and have expanded my technology pool considerably!

High Voltage

I’ve been continuing my upgrades to using High Voltage power supplies, and now half of the second quarter of my inner city is using it (or, if you prefer, 75% of the machines in my processing facilities). The two other quarters are essentially unused at present (for an electricity requirement at least). MFSU’s are a pain to make, but I want to finish these off ASAP.

Currently, all of my machines running on high voltage are using 5 Overclockers each without any issue. I can probably increase that further, but I’ll need to test how far I can push things. They process stuff REALLY FAST already :P.

I’ve also got around to setting up multiple charging benches now (currently three for Jetpacks, Mining Lasers and Electric Wrench’s respectively), although I still need to add a few more (for Energy crystals, lapotron crystals and the like.

Crop Breeding

I’ve now started playing around with crop breeding too, and have dedicated one of the free outer city plots (north-west corner) into a garden, where I’ve been breeding all sorts of strange new plants. The only issue is that if left untended, Weeds quickly grow. And more importantly, weeds kill existing plants too. So in other words, If I’m away for too long, everything dies.

There is a machine that kind of automates the process, but trying to automate the restocking of that machine is a nightmare. It needs THREE inputs tubes (one top, one side, and one bottom) each supplying a specific item. There are three inventory slots for each item, and two of them don’t stack. All three items are difficult to make and can’t be EMC’ed. Plus, I’ve discovered that RedPower pipes cannot be used (They don’t give a fuck what side they pump into, if the machine has a slot, they’ll fill it), so I HAVE to use the Buildcraft pipes.

So in other words, I can’t sensibly automate it where items are made on-demand, and sent to the machines on-demand. I’d have to produce them constantly, and send them down the pipes constantly, meaning that there is potential for some serious accidents and/or lag due to pipe overfilling.

Basically, I’m stuck where I can’t automate it, and I can’t leave it alone. Bah. I have just thought of a bat-shit crazy idea for how to attempt this however, but It’s going to require a bloody crazy contraption for such a simple task.

On the bright side of things however, I have successfully bred at least five new species of plant (Tulip, Blackthorn, Ventomilia, Cyazint & Hops) which drop dyes and crops when harvested. Eventually I’ll work my way up to things like Coffee and Terra Wart (a species of Nether Wart that grows in the normal world.)

Energy Conversion

I’ve now dabbled in the dark arts of the energy link, which can take in IndustrialCraft Energy (EU) and output Buildcraft Energy (MJ). I amusingly set up a small quarry next to Laketown, and powered it using my precious new High Voltage Solar Array and an Energy Link, and that thing flew pretty fast :P. A Medium Solar array should easily still be enough to run it at full power, but I don’t think a single low voltage array would be enough.

Railways

I’ve now excavated the green line tunnel as far north as the treehouse outpost, although it still needs to be lined with marble bricks.