The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

The New Tekkit Server! (Info & Rules)

Post by Balthelion » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Getting Started On The New Tekkit Server

1) Download The Technic Launcher
You can get it from here.

The technic launcher works just like the normal minecraft launcher, except it automatically manages and updates mods. It also allows you to easily play different mods without having to mess around in the minecraft folder. You just pick a mod, log in, and it's all there ready for you.

Once installed, you should be able to run the launcher. If not, you'll find the launcher under:
C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technic-launcher.jar

2) Start The Tekkit Classic Mod

Once the launcher appears, select the TEKKIT Classic mod in the top left box. Then click on OPTIONS in the bottom right.

Modpack Build should be set to Always use recommended builds so you always stay at the same version as the server.

Memory to Allocate is a little bit misleading. Unless you REALLY have loads of RAM (like 8GB+) you DO NOT want to max this. If you get Minecraft has run out of memory issues, increasing this will make things WORSE. This is because this setting is how much it reserves for things like textures. Minecraft itself gets whatever is left. In other words, less is probably better for you. 1GB should be fine for now. 512MB also works fine using 32-bit windows with 4GB RAM.

Click okay on the options screen (the Technic launcher might restart). Once done, log in, and Tekkit will start.

3) Install our Texture Pack

Tekkit is a massive collection of mods, with a massive collection of items. Basically, it's very hard to remember what everything looks like, so it helps if everyone is using the same texture pack.

The latest version of our texture pack can always be downloaded from here. Place the Texture pack file in the texture pack folder which you can open on the game menu.

4) Connect to the Server

The server address is: 144.76.218.130:25566

The server uses a whitelist so You will not be able to connect until I add your minecraft username to the list of people allowed on the server!

5) Getting Started

The spawn cottage is located near to the spawn point.

Yes, it has no door. Don't worry though - The house is protected by forcefields (Interdiction Torches - those green torches if you are using our texture pack) which magnetically pushes away any enemy that comes too close. So it's perfectly safe. Be warned that creepers can still get close enough to explode on you, and skeleton archers can still comfortably shoot at you from outside the forcefield range.

Spawn Cottage has the usual basic facilities on the ground floor (Furnaces, Craft Tables, Enchantment Tables etc)

On the 1st floor, the cottage has a dormitory with 8 beds. Each bed comes with 1 double chest and 1 single chest. Feel free to claim a bed and it's chest storage space for yourself by adding your name to a sign above the bed

The 2nd floor (loft) has a selection of industrial craft machines. If you're new to tekkit you probably won't have a clue what these do, but you'll be interested to hear that there are electric furnaces up there which are solar powered - So you don't need to use coal if you don't want to! (So long as the batteries don't run out - The battery is solar powered and recharges over time during the day)

You'll have to get me to show you the ropes if you need help with Tekkit tutorials.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Re: New Tekkit Server! (Info & Rules)

Post by Balthelion » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:51 pm

Server Rules

Exploration

The Server should be limited so that you cannot explore more than 3072 blocks in any direction. If you reach the boundaries, it should notify you in chat, and bounce you back.

In the (highly unlikely) event that something in the server breaks somewhere down the line, you should not explore beyond this 3072 limit in any direction.
  1. Do not explore beyond the borders of the world (3072 blocks) - This shouldn't normally be possible anyway.

Building / Terraforming / Land Ownership

Each player has the right to their own kingdom, to do with as they please. If you would like your own area, please let me which unclaimed kingdom you wish to take ownership of (Check out the Map on the Map thread for ideas). Do not go out and start massive projects on your own before you have a kingdom, or i may have to destroy it! :twisted:
  1. Do not build in other peoples kingdoms without their permission.
  2. You may build *small* structures in areas designated as public territories on the map, but try not to deform the landscape too much.
  3. Any areas of the map not labelled as any territory should be treated like a public territory, with the above rule. However bear in mind that anything you may build in these areas could be destroyed if a named territory is established on that land.
  4. Any resources in a player's territory belongs to the player that owns the land, regardless of whether they have claimed it with a map icon. Do not steal.
  5. Anything in public territories, with a map icon belonging to another player on it, has been claimed by that player. Do not steal.
  6. Each player may build *ONE* Nether portal in their kingdom at their own discretion. However, you should ensure it is distant from any other nearby nether portals (Estimate: 800 blocks). Additional portals may be allowed at my discretion. Please ALWAYS add a portal map icon to the map on your portal. This is important as any nether portals placed too close together will
    interfere with each other, and make everyone's lives a misery. If you wish to remove a nether portal in order to move it, destroy it on BOTH ends (nether and overworld) before constructing the replacement.

No Cheating / Griefing

Play fairly with the other people on the server.
  1. Don't steal from other players.
  2. If you use another player's base as a refuge, while it is permissible to use basic facilities (eg, Furnace), Please use your own resources (eg Coal), and do not use anything belonging to the other player.
  3. Do not create any machine that could be considered a high-speed free diamond generator. As a rule of thumb, If you are legitimately gathering materials to convert up to diamonds, then it should be ok. Cobblestone generators for example are fine. Using Sunlight to make free EMC ("Power Flowers") is NOT ok, although using collectors fairly to upgrade your fuels is fine or charge Klein Stars etc. Other things making use of exploits in Tekkit, such as Bone/Blaze Rod machines is also cheating.
  4. Do not destroy other people's buildings/work, Unless you both agree to it (for example, a mutually agreed war)
Examples of methods deemed to be cheating include, but are not limited to:
  • Power Flowers - Using Collectors, Relays and the Energy condensor in tandem to convert sunlight into EMC very fast.
  • Blaze Rod / Bone Machines - Macerating Bones into Bonemeal or Blaze Rods into Blaze Powder, then using an Energy condensor to convert them back, and using the excess production. This is taking advantage of a bug in Tekkit. Any other similar exploits are also considered against the rules.
  • Excessive cow milking - You wouldn't milk a real cow at 20 buckets per second in a 1x1 block battery farm, so don't do it here either. A system that automatically milks a cow every few seconds if it freely walks near a wall of a reasonably large field is fine (it can walk away if it's udder gets sore :P). As is a more realistic system of manually herding the cow to a milking parlour and overseeing a rapid but short period of supervised milking. We like free range milk.

Common Sense / Server Performance
  1. While the use of nuclear reactors is fine (Although please only use them if you know what you are doing :P), Please do not use Nukes. They'll just make a mess and make me angry.
  2. If you need to keep chunks loaded for your machines, please use DIMENSIONAL ANCHORS instead of WORLD ANCHORS or TELEPORT TETHERS. These are much more performance friendly, and allow you to customise the radius of the area you wish to ensure stays loaded, between 1x1 and 9x9 chunks. There is a generous per-player allowance for how many chunks you can keep loaded, but please try to keep this to a minimum, and only use chunk loaders where absolutely necessary. World Anchors may however be used to create World Anchor Carts (mobile chunk loaders) for the Railcraft Mod. Please NEVER use Teleport Tethers.

hfonsdalh
Footman
Footman

Re: The New Tekkit Server! (Info & Rules)

Post by hfonsdalh » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:32 am

would just like to ask if the tekkit server is down ? .. or if something is spassing out on my end, as I haven't been able to connect to the server for about a week

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:51 pm

I'll give it a restart.

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Still not white listed apparently :cry:

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:35 am

Couldn't do it earlier as i was skraiding. Added both accounts now to the whitelist now.

The server on rare occasions crashes and doesnt restart itself (i suspect its something my non-flair brother has built). If this happens, just let me know and i'll manually reboot it.

Also, the backend will change soon (tm), which among other things will mean the IP and everything will change, but i'll share the new details once that does happen.

Also: Don't forget to pick Tekkit Classic as the modpack (not Tekkit Lite)

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:36 pm

Got the teckit classic working on the laptop but struggling with the skins for some reason

Desktop will not run the install at all for teckit, just closes with (this program has encountered an error) looking around on the web other people have had this and no one really seems to know the answer but someone said he just copied all lthe jar files across form a succesful install and manually installed it so will try that tonight.

Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Server IP has been updated. Port remains the same. Whitelisting still in effect:

144.76.219.8:25566

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Phew about the white list, my two are both still traumatised about the robbers :)

Stiill cannot persuafde Anwyn there is any way to make glass which does not involve sand and fireballs.

Even if she has to build a framework , to put the sand on, to turn into glass and then mine out the frame work :|

Niliak
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Post by Niliak » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:20 am

I tried to get on it last night, it couldn't connect :|

Dumnomii wrote:Phew about the white list, my two are both still traumatised about the robbers :)

Robbers???