Arwa's Misadventures in New Eden

The Dangers of Deep Space
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Re: Arwa's Misadventures in New Eden

Post by Balthelion » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Yup, not bookmarking the wormhole always a big mistake (especially when you go into wormholes within wormholes and need to chain your escape route).

Surprised you managed to find a lot of unguarded relic/data sites though. Think i've only had that once or twice (and hit the jackpot), rest of the time they are full of sleepers. Who do not like to be disturbed. :mrgreen:

Sounds like a warp bubble from the effect described, but I've only ever seen them in videos.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Arwat » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Bal, I hacked data and relic sites in Null-Sec not inside the wormhole. I was in a frigate, I couldn't withstand sleepers spawning in W-Space sites. I only used the wormhole to get into Null-Sec, trying to avoid gate camps in the transiction, wich I failed by not bookmarking the way back home :P

BTW, hacking data and relic sites in Null-Sec is much harder then in Hi-Sec, because some nodes may have a defensive system that, increases the strenght of another defensive system every turn, and another that takes our virus coherence in every turn. Besides, after the second atempt failed the container blows up. However, the contents are a lot more valuable so it might be worth. I'll train Hacking and Archeology skills before going for a second run.

On a side note, I did found and hacked my first Ghost Site. I advice that upon arriving at one, scaning all containers, and hack the one with highest value contents, because rats spawn and you either have suport or you can't tank the damage being dealt. But after I find a couple more, I hope to better assess what are the chances of engaging the rats. It is important to note that I was on a cruiser, so I was able to keep myself alive long enough, but in a frig I wouldn't have a chance.

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Very occasionally (and I think it's a bug) you won't jump straight away. Sometimes you get the same behaviour exhibited when trying to dock at a station, there can be a "pause" before you get docking permission. One thing I would say is that if you know you're going to get your ship killed, click warp like crazy and there should be no chance of them getting your pod.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:27 am

No the mobile warp disruptor and the 'fuzzy' screen , you landed into a "bubble"

Your ONLY hope if you run into that is NOT to keep heading towards the gate as that is taking you further into the warp disruption field, but do a 180% flip and burn back the way you came as you will have been dropped out of warp on the edge of the bubble, so you only need to clear a short distance then your warp drives will come back on line and you will already be aligned to the celestial you originally warped from (in your case the sun)

(Unless of course you in a vagabond, then you just put the pedal to the metal and burn to the gate anyway before they can lock you :D I LURVEEE my vaga)

The only other ships that could match them for speed was inte's but in the latest patch interceptors got several buffs, including now they are immune to warp bubbles :shock: which now makes them, as they should be very hard to catch.

There is rigs that can add to the coherence as well, plus the strength bonus from cov ops and some other ships

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Arwat » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:17 am

There's a Incursion going on in the Algintal system, wich includes Parchanier, so I thought to myself "what better way to find out about this type of content?". Since my latest relocation I had my ships stationed there and it would be fast enough to change ships if needed.

I actually learned some things that I would like to share with those that haven't experienced it yet.

First, finding a fleet isn't as easy as one would expect. I tried local, I tried the Incursion chat channel just saying "LFF" much like we do in LOTRO. Then I noticed everyone was linking their fits. So I also tried that, still no results (curious enough shortly after I got a bounty placed, by a random guy, of 100.000 ISK, I really don't know why but it doesn't bother me much).

Since I had my Augoror sitting in Hangar for a while I guessed I should have better luck if I used a logi. It wasn't fitted so I Alt-Tab'ed to EFT. While I was doing this, some people on the Incursion chat, started forming a fleet, and I asked to join on the Logi.

So I bought roughly 14M ISK worth of modules, and joined the rest of the fleet. We were seven, with 3 T1 Logi. A quick check on eve-survival, and we should be able to do a Vanguard site (http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka ... onsReports)
They seem profitable as they pay 15M ISK per site cleared and they are flaged for 5 to 10 ships.

We weren't. On the first try I was able to warp out.

On the second try, I wasn't so lucky. We were able to repair the first targeted ship, but when I was targeted the other Logi wasn't fast enough to respond and I went BOOM!

I went for another logi while the rest of the fleet went checking the scout sites. Theses sites were easy enough, but they are just half a dozen of frigs and they only pay 50k ISK per site. So there's not much profit to be made there.

So, it cost me, 24M ISK to learn that:
- Scout sites are not worth the trouble. I even switched to my Harbinger, no logi needed.
- Vangard sites are hard, ships are sturdy, move fast a lot faster, do a lot of damage, EWAR, scram and web.
- Team work is indispensable (more on that later)

But I still wasn't happy, so I tried to find out more about fittings and such. These were my conclusions:

My Augoror was tanked for 18k EHP. After reading some more, I can now tank it to 24,5k EHP. The downside? I'm not cap stable. My capacitor lasts for 1:30 minutes, but here's the kicker, if I transfer energy to another Augoror and he does the same to me I'll be getting 324 cap while spending 90 on the process. So in fleet no real need for any cap modules but another logi to exchange power with. Thanks CCP for not considering entropy in the formulas.

I also revisited my Harbinger fit, that was set for mission running, but I'm not changing any thing at this time, because, let's face it, this past few weeks were quite heavy on my wallet, not only for the losses, but also having moved, setting up new PI, alting missioning or mining to work on standings...

On the side, also worked on a Guardian fit, that just seemed strange but after looking closer it might work very well, as above with other Logis in the fleet.

The better part of the experience is that it is a situation as close to PvP, without actually doing it, as possible.

I know this must must seem trivial for some of you, but I'm still learning, unfortunately New Eden is such a unforgiving place that it cost me 24M ISK to learn. :roll:

P.S: I believe that by now I'm the player with most losses in the corp, wich isn't a thing to be proud of, but that's life in space.

Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Arwat » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:17 am

There's a Incursion going on in the Algintal system, wich includes Parchanier, so I thought to myself "what better way to find out about this type of content?". Since my latest relocation I had my ships stationed there and it would be fast enough to change ships if needed.

I actually learned some things that I would like to share with those that haven't experienced it yet.

First, finding a fleet isn't as easy as one would expect. I tried local, I tried the Incursion chat channel just saying "LFF" much like we do in LOTRO. Then I noticed everyone was linking their fits. So I also tried that, still no results (curious enough shortly after I got a bounty placed, by a random guy, of 100.000 ISK, I really don't know why but it doesn't bother me much).

Since I had my Augoror sitting in Hangar for a while I guessed I should have better luck if I used a logi. It wasn't fitted so I Alt-Tab'ed to EFT. While I was doing this, some people on the Incursion chat, started forming a fleet, and I asked to join on the Logi.

So I bought roughly 14M ISK worth of modules, and joined the rest of the fleet. We were seven, with 3 T1 Logi. A quick check on eve-survival, and we should be able to do a Vanguard site (http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka ... onsReports)
They seem profitable as they pay 15M ISK per site cleared and they are flaged for 5 to 10 ships.

We weren't. On the first try I was able to warp out.

On the second try, I wasn't so lucky. We were able to repair the first targeted ship, but when I was targeted the other Logi wasn't fast enough to respond and I went BOOM!

I went for another logi while the rest of the fleet went checking the scout sites. Theses sites were easy enough, but they are just half a dozen of frigs and they only pay 50k ISK per site. So there's not much profit to be made there.

So, it cost me, 24M ISK to learn that:
- Scout sites are not worth the trouble. I even switched to my Harbinger, no logi needed.
- Vangard sites are hard, ships are sturdy, move fast a lot faster, do a lot of damage, EWAR, scram and web.
- Team work is indispensable (more on that later)

But I still wasn't happy, so I tried to find out more about fittings and such. These were my conclusions:

My Augoror was tanked for 18k EHP. After reading some more, I can now tank it to 24,5k EHP. The downside? I'm not cap stable. My capacitor lasts for 1:30 minutes, but here's the kicker, if I transfer energy to another Augoror and he does the same to me I'll be getting 324 cap while spending 90 on the process. So in fleet no real need for any cap modules but another logi to exchange power with. Thanks CCP for not considering entropy in the formulas.

I also revisited my Harbinger fit, that was set for mission running, but I'm not changing any thing at this time, because, let's face it, this past few weeks were quite heavy on my wallet, not only for the losses, but also having moved, setting up new PI, alting missioning or mining to work on standings...

On the side, also worked on a Guardian fit, that just seemed strange but after looking closer it might work very well, as above with other Logis in the fleet.

The better part of the experience is that it is a situation as close to PvP, without actually doing it, as possible.

I know this must must seem trivial for some of you, but I'm still learning, unfortunately New Eden is such a unforgiving place that it cost me 24M ISK to learn. :roll:

P.S: I believe that by now I'm the player with most losses in the corp, wich isn't a thing to be proud of, but that's life in space.

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Yep thats pretty much what i Hvae heard about incursions, not got into an incursion fleet yet myself

The serious ones are minimum tech 2, preferablly faction ships and fits (its a very elitest section of the game)

And I would not want to trust a random pug logi with my 1Bill + faction fit ship...

24M Fits just does not even register on most incurssion FC scope,

Logi in Sleeper space (and I have been told its the same in incursions) draw agro very very easily, and the general expectation even in fleets, logis operate in pairs or in chains, same with carriers, every logi ship has already locked another logi and they circle rep as needed. (The cap sharing as you have worked out is also the same in carriers so if the sleepers neut you , you always have some power)

TBH though in only a 7 man gang you would normally expect the logi to have EVERY one pre targetted, so there should be no lock time, so with 3 logi in the fleet it is very poor you didnt get reps.

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Lol, Chin up arwa, Losses happen. Just remember your still a way behind me for overall losses :)

I got 2 maledictions blown up the first time I took the out.

And yeah, Incursions are hard if you go into the sites. I remember taking my Apoc into one and that was 80k EHP tanked and even then I had brown trousers after being targeted. but then again that's with a full group of 12? maybe. If you have a fleet they are a little dull mind. This Lotro Turtle raid for each site but with more enemies. 10 minute job for 10 mil isk
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Remembering I lost a Raven when I popped into what was probably a Vanguard site solo...

Mind you I can easily solo a Scout site in my SNI.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Arwat » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:17 pm

A Vanguard site!!!

I didn't knew about that. I can't imagine how it felt! Warping in and getting scrammed, webbed, high DPS and going up in flames!