Arwa's Misadventures in New Eden

The Dangers of Deep Space
Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Re: Arwa's Misadventures in New Eden

Post by Arwat » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:06 pm

Today I went with CCP fleet exploration into wormholes.

Not much story, but as soon as we entered a wormhole a fleet of T3 that was pursuing us, warped in. Everybody did warp to a GTFO celestial, and we re-grouped. In an attempt to find another way out CCP Gargant scouted another wormhole, and got pointed.

He negotiated his release and of the fleet and the ransom was... he had to sing "Barbie Girl" by Aqua :D

Here is how it went (skip to 3:00) :

On a side note with did a C5 site. I did get some Sleeper loot, but I'm still stranded in low-sec, and still weighting my options to get out of there.

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:58 pm

what ship and where? there is a possibility I could pick the ship up in the blockage runner then all you would need to take back if the pod which should be fast enough to out warp anything
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Arwat » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Thanks for the offer, but after my previous experience in Null-Sec, and some carefull navigation I managed to get back to Parch.

First tip, enter Hi-sec, trough Low-sec.
Second, use the map to see how many pilots in space and how many ship kills, and choose route accordingly. All the systems I used only had 2 people in local the whole time I was in them.
Third, D-scan, and choose the right celestials to bounce off to gate. :D

Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Arwat » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Arwa's Misadventures in New Eden are back!

Nost told me about the Eve Spectre Fleet, a community that do NPSI - Not Purple Shoot It - public fleets. So I checked their chat channel and there was going to be a roam of Harbingers on Sunday night. For some time now, I've been wanting to join some sort of fleet, and I did had a Harbinger in the hangar, so it was a simple decision, I was going.

I travelled to Jita, joined fleet, and quickly I realised "I'm going to lose this ship", when people started talking about the absolute lack of logis. "Maybe, just maybe, we'll have enough DPS to keep me alive, and we stick to ganking weak groups".

FC gave us the destination, a low-sec FW sistem, Tama. Sounded simple enough.
We jumped in. Safety off. And soon after people on comms started "Here they come!".
They? Who? We just jumped in. They were waiting for us. It's trap. But we just started :(

"Cyno's up!"
What? Who? Where? :) I'm going to see a Capital Ship for the first time :)

An Archon giving reps! YES! We just might have a chance.

Their tanks aren't breaking. How? Bloody Guardians.

Harbinger after Harbinger went down. FC said:
- Carrier warp out. Get out of here.
- I can't, I'm in triage.
- We'll stay here while you get out.

Shortly after:
- I'm out of triage, but I'm pointed.
- Sorry, but we have to leave. Everyone warp out.

I'm still alive :). Warp out. What? Warp out. Oh crap. I'm pointed. NEED ARMOR. NEED ARMOR. oh... forget it :P https://zkillboard.com/kill/41401690/

While weighting my options, the FC was going "Everyone reship, let's try and save the carrier".
Good enough, but I don't have enough ISK to buy a new Harbinger. Hum... we didn't have any logi... I'm going in a Augoror.

Some of you might remember that last time I was in a Logi I arrived to the conclusion that Logis work in groups sharing capacitor with each others. I wouldn't get any kill mails, but I just might learn something.

Unfortunately, when people had reshipped it was too late to save the carrier https://zkillboard.com/kill/41401934/

Our previous foes had retreated, so the fleet formed back up, and kept looking for another fight, not without the sour taste of having cost a carrier to someone.

Now flying a Logi, it was time to learn the tricks of the trade. I already had lost a ship, I wouldn't get in any kill mail, so I decided to make this a learning experience. Soon after it came up on chat "X for Logi". Good. We were 5. Not nearly enough for our 60 members fleet, but it will have to do.
Lesson 1 - I have to lock this guys fast... how do I do it? Add to watch list.
Lesson 2 - I need these guys to share capacitor with me, but I've never flown with them, and comms are busy. Just start sending capacitor and hope they also know what to do. Yes they did. From then on, every time we stopped or engaged, soon after the yellow triangle of Logis sharing cap lit space.
Lesson 3 - While previously people were asking if we had logis, that distinctive triangle showed everyone that the fleet now had logi support. FC started ordering simple things like "Logis, stay back" or "keep your range to the logis". Which was some sort of recognition for the work of the few that were going to keep the rest of the fleet alive, knowing we wouldn't share any of the killboards glory.

So we roamed, killed the occasional ship that crossed our path, until the FC announced "We need to get to Tama, something is going on there"
Wait! What? Again? We were slaughtered there, why should we go back?

But as any disciplined soldier, we aligned warped, jumped double time.

Without the rest of fleet knowing, the FC "batphoned" some corp to aid us in round 2.

As we landed on gate, two fleets were engaged, the same as before and our new found allies, 6 plus Archons.
This time things started differently as Guardians and Megatrons went down.

People were broadcasting for armour, and as fast as we could, me and the other logis were reping. None of those first ships went down as we were able to keep their tank. (note to self: fit some module to speed up locking time)

After that initial euphoria, things started to turn. Ships broadcasting for armour weren't holding any more. The enemy ships were getting a lot of reps... We have been crossed by our allies. According to the talk in the aftermath our allies and enemies turned blue to each other while the fight was on.

FC said "warp out, scatter and dock in station" - yes, sir, I thought to myself, as I didn't want to lose another ship.

I survived, and that's a good thing. but the same guy that earlier lost an Archon brought another, and once again https://zkillboard.com/kill/41403222/

2 Carriers in less then 2 hours. That had to hurt!

In conclusion, although I lost a ship in the first 20 minutes, I enjoyed the experience as it served to learn some new things and gave me the chance to actually logi for the first time.

I frap'ed most of the fleet, and I'll try to edit it and share some of the footage.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Sounds like fun, but I'd hate to have been the carrier pilot :o
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Arc

Post by Arc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:29 pm

Yay! Hope you had loads of fun! :D

But ouch... 4 billion ISK in a couple of hours... that HAS to sting quite a bit! :o
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:08 pm

glad you had fun Arwa, and you got on a vexor navy which isn't bad.

One tip if you want to fly logi but also want to whore on the kill mails. Use warrior drones and assign them to FC or competent DPS ship so you get on the kills. only do this after you get the cap chain up and anchored though

Also cap transfer is a good skill to get into but not all logi ships need it. Guardians and Basilisks do but scythes (if its the t1) don't always

Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Arwat » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:32 pm

I got on a kill mail? Hooray for me!

0,2% damage done? Good enough! Hooray for me \o/

As promissed here are some small clips of fleet:

The last minute of the first fight

and, the second fight, flying an Augoror

Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Arwat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Today's Misadventure is simply the fact to have missed an adventure:

http://evenews24.com/2014/09/29/storm-i ... tre-fleet/

Why didn't I fleet up, instead of doing lvl 4 mining missions? :( (wich are very, very, very boring)

(edit)
On a side note, just finished my first invention, a 5 run Prorator (blockade runner) :D
Many more will follow (it's about time Alia started to justify the time I invested on her) :roll:

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:40 pm

hehe, this is why I asked whether you were there. I was on a caracal fleet at the time (Video to come once i finish editing it and taking out the slow bits) and a couple of other cows were lighting our Killboard up with juicy kills from kamela.