Marcus Rushe's Journal

The Dangers of Deep Space
nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Re: Marcus Rushe's Journal

Post by nostborn » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:13 pm

For the Crow to Enyo DPS differences remember first that these are not comparable ships. The Enyo is an assult friate and built to be sturdy and dish out a lot of damage in a small package. The Crow is an intercepter and therefore speed is its main weapon. Intercepters are not there to do damage, they are only in the fight to scout and catch people and stop them leavin a fight. Thats the first thing that really needs to be said, they aren't comparable however i will do anyway. Information gathered from a source out of game so might not be fully up to date with latest patches.

Enyo (4 turret Slots)
Gallente Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
10% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret damage
Assault Frigates bonuses (per skill level):
10% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret optimal range
7.5% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret tracking speed
Role Bonus:
50% reduction in Microwarpdrive signature radius penalty

Crow (3 Bay slots)
Caldari Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
5% bonus to Light Missile and Rocket explosion radius
10% bonus to Light Missile and Rocket max velocity
Interceptors bonuses (per skill level):
15% reduction in Microwarpdrive signature radius penalty
5% bonus to Warp Scrambler and Warp Disruptor optimal range
Role Bonus:
80% reduction in Propulsion Jamming systems activation cost
• Immune to Interdiction Sphere Launcher, Warp Disruption Field Generator and Mobile Small, Medium and Large Warp Disruptor

Ok so first thing you will notice is the enyo is built for damage with bonuses and slot set up. The crow built to hit the target (missles aren't guarenteed to hit, you can out run missles however all but the fastest ships will not get out their range, this is why (personally) the best intecepters are missles ships are you are more likely to get on the kill mail and assist as you don't need to worry about tracking). Looking at the secondary bonuses the Enyos is geared towards hitting the target whereas the crow is catching and holding the target. If you look at how each ship is normally fit, the enyo is tank with damage and the Crow is normally all speed with sensor boosters as it will use speed to tank and needs to catch things before they warp.

There is also something that Turrents have a lot of Alpha Damage and are quicker to apply damage and Missles are more steady consistant damage.

Hope that helps and yeah i know its obvious to just use the intercepter/assult frig but that is kind of what it boils down to.

One warning on a personal note. If you intend to use the Crow for some Low sec and Null set movement you will need to ensure you have it speed tanked with nano's as you can still be caught by sensible gate camps (Insta Lock cepters are EVIL and in a good group with Remote Sensor Boosters you wont get away). remember its often better to crash the gate than try to get to warp.
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:15 pm

Yeah I know they aren't a fair comparison, but even taking the ships themselves out of the equation, taking my training imbalance into consideration....something still seems off with the numbers. And its probably a lack of knowledge on my part of the damage system on missiles.

As I understand it, as long as a missile can physically reach the target (range to target, travel time, fuel time and associated calculations) then it WILL hit. The damage that hit causes can then be modified by relative sizes of the ship/blast and whatnot which further confusing my understandings of the math involved.

Maybe missiles do (for example) half the DPS of a comprable turret because they hit more reliably.

Maybe its just that turrets do pretty much what they say on the fitting screen (crits and misses aside), whereas with missiles the displayed figure is much more of a ballpark figure as the complicated sets of math involved can adjust that up for down depending on the many variable of combat.

Anyway, I don't see myself gravitating away from hybrid turrets as a main weapon of choice (ship choice influences aside), just trying to wrap my head around the math ^^
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:55 pm

look at the damage of the ammo itself and the modifiers on the launchers. If you are looking at the two while they are on the ships your results will always be skewed due to the ship bonuses. (10% hybrid damage per gall frig level is pretty good (thats not 50% its worked out differently) and is enough to skew the damage in the favour of hybrids. Sure there is a lot of math involved as its EvE none the less.

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Using lights your going to hit anything your tackling as you will not be tackling out past 30km

Unless its maybe another interceptor

As Nost says its about the tracking though, your tank in an inte is paper thin

If your flying an armour inte you should be fitting agility and speed mods, putting any plate is removing an intes prime ability SPEED and with the speed you need agility to control your turning circle, higher agility closer you can orbit / maneouver without loosing top speed

If your flying a shield inte your hosting a LEAST one Sebo, what you sometimes used to see as well is a damp as it used to enable you to control and tackle an enemy inte without them scrambling you and killing your MWD in return

Would have to check current ships to see if this tatic is still relevent though there has been a lot of ship balancing since I used to fly inte reguarly.

But anyway an inte in full flight and especially a crow is a thing of real beauty, almost as lovely as the vagabond

BUT you are tanking by making sure you are flying at a hell of speed and trying to keep your transversal up so no one can track you to hit you, the flip side of this is your own turrets are generally not going to be able to track anything much smaller than a dread or gallente plated pig BS.

So missiles at least allow you to project a minimal amount of DPS while still buzzing around at stupid speeds. They can also kill light minmatar drones which can be fast enough to be a nuisance (gone brain dead now cant remember the name of them)

Webs and Points get you on killmails these days anyway? That was added long time ago or is it borked in a later patch?

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:54 pm

Points will normally get you on a kill mail yeah. assuming web will as well. Its only dictor bubbles that done cause aggression

Next cepter i buy though will most likely be a crow (Bloody Malediction Rocket Bonuses) so i will let you know my DPS yet it wont be a lot.

Put it this way, the Wolf i have kicks out 185DPS on the fitting screen with faction EMP and 200 Autocannon II and a missile. My ass frig skill isn't great so im not getting full damage bonus like you would be in the enyo.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:09 am

Skill Training - Marcus

Leadership 2 - Proficiency at leadership. Allows +2 members in a squad per rank
Trained this one as a "just in case its needed", since it was 30 minutes effort, and there was a possibility I may have needed to ocmannd more than 3 people in a squad for something that went down this weekend (more on that below :P)

Gallente Cruiser 5 - Skill at flying Gallente Cruisers
Can't recall if I ever announced finishing rank 4 (well I have :P), but anyway, still chipping away at this skill as part of my long term goal to be able to fly the Gallente T3 strategic cruiser, the Proteus. At this point though, I think I've come to the conclusion that It's a bad idea for use as a wormhole exploration ship (for me at least). More on that in a bit. Nevertheless, I'm still continuing with this training plan. STILL about two more weeks for this one skill (!!!) IIRC.

Skill Training - Abigail

Abi has pretty much finished her Orca competency training (Being able to do everything to a reasonable standard and fit as many appropriate T2 modules as possible, in addition to simply being able to pilot the Orca). She's just training for T2 microwarpdrives right now and then she has T2 everything except mining links (which are a considerable training time, 3 weeks or so iirc). Should be done in just over a day.

Still undecided on what rigs I want to fit. I know its a bit silly and cheeky, but I'm still considering a cargohold rig or two just for maximising the m3 on the ship for hoarding ore. The Orca already has a pretty decent if not uber tank with the rest of its fit, so I don't feel like I'd be sacrificing much in order to do it.

Abi's next training cycle will be to unlock mining barges, in preparation for some Ice Mining with Marcus before the next time the POS fuel runs out. I think that's about 8 days worth of training to get in the cockpit. Luckily Marcus still has plenty of T1 barges lying about gathering dust for her to use as a hand-me-down.

To Boldy Go...

So anyway, I was bored on Monday, and decided to go explore some wormholes. Told Arwa about it and he decided to tag along, and he roped a friend into it too to make us a ragtag fleet of three ships (a Hyperion battleship and two logis).

We set out in Caldari space, and the second wormhole we scanned down was capable of allowing my battlsehip through, so in we went. The first wormhole system was fairly bare, apart from some combat sites. It did have another wormhole in it though, so we went deeped into the second level.

The second system has loads of signatures in it, and the second one scanned down was a relic site, so we decided to try our luck.

I squard warped us in at 100km, in the hopes we could scout the place first without drawing agro. Seemed alright. a group of three sleepers on the left, and a lone one on the right. All currently at 200km away. Seemed doable. So I said we'd go attack the lone guy first since that seemed the sensible option.

Immediately the group of three opened fire on me. "LOLWUT?!" I said, having never seen something get pissed off at 200km before, or even half that. Never mind the fact that they could lock me and shoot me at that range. And they were *HITTING* too. And fairly hard. Damn.

We stayed long enough to conclude that with all four of them focusing me, their combined DPS still broke the tank on my Hyperion while the two logis were supporting it, then warped out. I couldn't shoot back at them from 200km (my fit would have been limited by targeting range, about 75km), and I couldn't risk microjumping forwards to get in range either, as the logis would not be able to follow.

We then warped in to zero this time, and all hell broke loose. This time I didn't get all the initial agro, as it started off split about 50/50 between me and Arwa. I dropped some medium drones to try and draw fire, or at least boost DPS. The Sleepers ignored the drones ("PUNY DRONES!") and instead redirected all their fire to Arwa.

I managed to get the shields on one of the four sleeper battleships down to about a third, by which time Arwa exploded. I can only assume he was scrammed and couldn;t warp out. Anyway, I didn't notice him go down, although I may have suspected as much as all fire then redirected to me. I valiantly tried to kill the first sleeper so at least we had some sort of progression. Sadly with only one (and the lesser trained) logi remaining to heal me, I soon reached a critical stage, and prepared to warp out.

Unfortunately, during this time, all four battleships had maneuvered to bracket me in a killzone. Just as I clicked on the warp button, the first scram hit me. "UH OH!" i thought, as this was immediately followed by the loss of my last scraps of armour.

Time for Plan B. It was untested, but the theory had been calculated long before today, and i figured it would work. I picked a random celestial object to align to and got up to speed, while hull tanking like a pro. I then fired up the Micro Jump Drive. The drones quickly landed back aboard while it charged up, meanwhile the hull continued to take a beating. once charged it jumped me 100km forward. It wasn't out of the sleepers gun range, but it didn't have to be. After a few seconds, their scrams deactivated. I spammed the jump button: "JUMMMMMMMMMMMMP!!!". The "Bal Maneuver" was born.

The Hyperion entered warp in a trail of fire as it made a timely escape before its demise. At this point I realised that i'd actually destroyed my guns by overheating them too much. Oh well. We weren't going back there, but hopefully we wouldn't run into any players on the way home.

After a brief period to recover and rep up, we warped off as a fleet to retrace out steps back out of the wormholes. Thankfully it was uneventful, and we emerged back in highsec: A Logi, a pod, and a Batteredship (tm)

Still, it was some valuable learning experience for the three of us (Arwa's friend had never so much as stepped foot in a wormhole before).
  • Sleepers aren't invincible one-shotting hellbeasts
  • With a good tank and some support, we could hold off multiple sleeper battleships
  • We probably need more DPS to deal with sleeper battleships, as they have massive tanks, and one battleship's DPS against them, while working, was slow.
  • Sleepers can target AND hit you at 200km(!)

Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Arwat » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Just to let you know what has happening on our second attempt with the sleepers.

When we warped in, my buddy was the one getting agro, and being in a cruiser with lower sig radius I was able to rep him, and keep him alive. Then the sleepers switched to you and both of us were repping you, but with litle sucess since your tank was breaking.

It was then you started to align, at which point the sleepers switched again, this time to me. Since I had been able to keep the other Augoror alive, I made a decision call to stay, and hope that this time I would be one being repaired and holding tank.

At this moment, you warped off. My friend went after you, while I was left behind, scram'ed and whitout repping...

Obviously and didn't withstand the damage much longer, and blew up.

In spite of loosing a ship, which you so kindly helped to pay, I've learned a lot of things.
As you said, sleepers hit hard from very far.
2 Logis aren't enough, maybe 3 or 4 are needed.
A lot of DPS is needed to break the sleepers, 2 or 3 BS, or more cruisers / BCs.

Still, as always, it was another good adventure to learn a little more about New Eden's dangers.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Skill Training - Marcus

Gallente Cruiser 5 - Skill at piloting Gallente cruisers
This will finally complete around 7pm today, so you can bet I'll be pimping my ride later. I will only be able to fit T1 guns for now - as I need to train for T2 medium railguns. However this might work in my favour, as it may reduce the PG requirements of the fit enough that I do not need to train for the 5th rank of Engineering Subsystems or an additional rank of Advanced Weapon upgrades, in order to increase the PG pool to be high enough to support all fittings.

In any event, I'm going to love fitting that tonight. Follow-up training will likely involve getting all subsystems to level 4 minimum. Since they are all only 1x training multiplier skills, getting them to Lv5 is not too taxing (~3d20h for L5), however I will likely be training multiple universal ship skills to benefit this ship as well as my entire fleet.

I still have a few generic skills (capacitor and warp related ones spring to mind), and I will need to get Lv5 in all the armour mitigation skills (a week's training each), buff my shield mitigation skills, and enhance my gunnery skills with a few more Lv5 gunnrey skill trains (again, about a week's training each).

I'm looking forward to being able to queue up more than 24h worth of skills to start once the update hits later today.

Skill Training - Abigail

Abi is pretty comfortable with her Orca fit now, although it is still missing rigs (mainly because im still undecided on what to go for, and they are very expensive).

She joined Marcus to strip an asteroid belt bare the weekend before last, although she was only flying a Venture at the time. She quickly trained Drone Operation to Level 2 in order to be able to field 2 drones, both Mining Drones, since Marcus was fielding combat drones to protect them both. That said, the rats still always made straight for Abi once they warped in, so the Venture's paintwork got scratched a lot.

She was able to finish training for Mining Barges on Thursday, and since then has been training for some Ice mining activities. I'll probably cap her out on ice mining efficiency (at least in terms of ship fitting and skills, if not things like implants) before moving onto the next training activity. This would likely be Exhumers at this point, which of course further boosts mining yield for both ice and 'roids.

I'll probably also throw some Veldspar mining training in there too, rather than boosting all potential roid mining skills - Then If Marcus and Abi are both on an asteroid mining op, I can get Abi to focus eclusively on Veldspar for now, at a comparable rate to what Marcus would achieve, while Marcus can focus on the more exotic varieties of rock using his more diverse skillset.

The POS
After a bit of discussion and debate between myself and Arwa regarding the POS reprocessing array, I decided to buy one and do a test to determine once and for all what is better these days - refining at a station or a POS.

I knew it had been buffed recently, but was still of the opinion that it hadn't been buffed enough to catch up to a station that a player had optimised for.

The bottom line was that indeed, the POS array did reprocess more than a 50% station that had zero tax from standings. Using 100,000 Veldspar as a baseline, the result was something like 294,000 Tri for the POS and 283,000 Tri for the Station.

So the bottom line there is that the Reprocessing Array is there to stay. Which is quite handy since I've now started mining in the POS system (Chantrousse), so I can mine, chuck the ore in the reprocessor, convert it to minerals, and place those minerals straight into the factories. No need for shipping things about in industrials or freighters.

Fueling The POS

With fuel due to run out early this week (Wednesday?), It was past time to make some more fuel. Abi had now trained for mining barges, and had a decently geared Retriever for the task now too, which would mean for a much more productive operation than last time (Marcus mined, Abi hauled).

Amusingly, despite Marcus' superior ore hold and greater mining speed, they both filled up at almost the exact same time. As a result, I found it easier just to fleet warp them both to the station to drop off the ice, then return to our bookmarked mining spot. This was netting about 36 + 25 = 61 Ice per trip, which was not bad.

Marcus then had to haul it all back to the POS in his freighter, where thankfully the Reprocessing array was capable of refining Ice (although the limited capacity of the reprocessing array meant he had to do the work in batches).

So with a couple of casual mining sessions over the weekend, I've taken care of my immediate Ice needs for POS fuel, and produced a substantial batch of fuel blocks to keep the POS going for now (about 18 days worth of fuel).

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:25 pm

Skill Training - Marcus

Marcus now has his shiny new T3 cruiser to play with. Unfortunately he was still a bit short on a couple of skills he needed to train to achieve full fittings in the vessel.

Gallente Engineering Subsystems 4 - Using Power Core Multiplier: + 5% Maximum Powergrid per rank
My ship didn't have enough power to meet it's requirements, so initially the remote repper was offline. Training this to 4 enabled me to online the remote repper, although the remaining PG supply won't be enough to support an upgrade to T2 railguns alone. For that I'd need to train either this skill to level 5 for an additional 5%, or train Advanced Weapon Upgrades up another rank (reduces PG need of turrets by 2%). I'm not even sure if the AWU skill would give me enough with one additional rank, so that plus the fact it would take longer to train means I'd likely just train the subsystem to 5 anyway, since I plan to get all subsystems to 5 anyway.

Armour Rigging 4 - Reduced rig drawbacks per rank
I needed rank 4 in this skill in order to fit T2 armour rigs. I was originally planning to go for a Trimark Armour rig for bonus armour, and an Explosive Resist rig, just to buff explosive up to be somewhat close to the other 3 resistances, since it's always pretty weak for armour.

However fiddling about in EFT suggests that using two trimarks for additional armour, and swapping one of my two Energised Adaptive Nano Membranes for a T2 Explosive resist variant would increase my EHP against both a pure explosive damage type and a balanced damage type (25% all damage types).

Since the plan is to use the ship in wormhole exploration, it'll be facing up against sleepers. My understanding is that they utilise all four damage types: A beam which does EM+Thermal damage, and missiles which do Kinetic+Explosive damage. I don't recall missiles hitting me on the recent wormhole voyage, but I certainly remember those beams :P

Bottom line: fitting an omni-tank with balanced resists is recommended for fighting sleepers, which is why I'm trying to get all four to a good standard, rather than having a clear vulnerability for the sleepers to exploit (Which for me, as a Gallente armour tanking pilot, is always explosive resistance)

With my current theory crafting, this should get my balanced EHP up to around 80k with current skills, with this growing up by at least another 10k with training. This isn't too far off of my battleship's EHP, but I'll be considerably harder to hit in a much smaller cruiser, that's burning around about 5 times faster. With smaller guns and better tracking on them, I'll also be considerably better at hitting smaller sleeper targets.

Current Training
With Phoebe's new addition of the unlimited skill queue, Marcus has been able to queue up 50 skills of reasonably high priority. This is almost 180d worth of training, and will take him until May to complete :P

Obviously priorities change over time, so skills will get shuffled around in this list, new ones may be added and current ones removed.

Generally though, the immediate future of Marcus' skill queue is focused around improving the strategic cruiser (although some skills may affect other ships or the fleet as a whole). Levelling all subsystems to L5, getting all 4 armour and shield resists to level 5, and so forth.

Also thrown in there at the top end of the queue is some training into Yan Jung Technology. This skill is relevant to manufacturing various storyline BPCs obtained from the Gallente COSMOS missions, of which I've has loads sat in the bank for ages now. This will be trained to Lv4 by tonight, so I should be able to manufacture some interesting storyline mods. Some of them will have practical applications on my fleet, others may not, in which case they can be sold for stupid levels of ISK.

Skill Training - Abigail

Abi's skill training has largely been focused on Ice Mining of late, to facilitate her recent mining expedition with Marcus to gather POS fuel. She's actually recently just completed Ice Harvesting 5, which is actually one of those rare times she's actually beaten Marcus to something. This means she can fit the T2 Ice harvesters, which has boosted her yield up to be comparable to that of Marcus, although since she's in a Lv4 Retriever whereas Marcus is in a Lv4 Exhumer, he has way more cargo space.

Abi will be spending most of this week training up Mining 5 so that she can fit T2 strip miners for asteroid mining. After that, it's back on the train for Mining Barges 4, which is about another 1d 19h or so.

After that, I think it's probably time to bump her up to Cybernetics 5 so that she can fit the best Implants (No, not THAT kind! Get your kind out of the gutter!). Then she'll be able to fit the Lv5 implants to speed up future training some more, as well as fitting some other rather nice skill implants. Marcus' implants are tailored around hybrid turret damage, but Abi's will all be non-combat varieties - including a vary nice mindlink implant for slot 10 which would make her miner op boosting legendary.

After that, it will be a steady grind to get her into Exhumers.

The Field Test

So, with the Proteus finally fully fitted (T2 guns not included), I figured it was time to take it on a field test into a level 4 mission. The RNG goddess rolled me "Attack of the Drones", the worst part of which was simply bad memories of Star Wars: Episode II.

The ship held out fine. Better than fine even. It's cap stable unless running one of the reppers, which means that I can permanently keep the afterburner running. Zipping along at some 500-odd metres per second, while also being in a much smaller cruiser-sized vessel as opposed to a battleship meant that everything had a much harder time of hitting me, despite me maintaining a distance of under 36km (this being my optimal plus half of falloff). The Battleship typically likes being up to double that distance from it's targets (or even more when using T2 sniper ammo).

The tank held up remarkably well. Obviously it's armour tanked being a Gallente vessel, but the shield held up surprisingly long, as opposed to being the usual thin layer of bubble wrap that enemies like to pop to reach my main tank. Being harder to hit due to speed and size probably contributed the majority of the work here, as my shield tank isn't overly strong on paper. When the shield did eventually go down, the armour held up nicely. What attacks did hit were mitigated rather nicely, and my personal repper picked up most of the slack, but didn't need to be used as much as the battleship (again, likely in no small part due to being hit less).

The best thing for me though was the capacitor efficiency. OK, I knew going into it that I was stable unless repping, but even with the repper chugging away for many cycles at a time, the cap held up rather nicely. I suspect that a single cap transfer mod from logi support would mean that I can keep one of my two reppers functioning 100% of the time while remaining cap stable (TBC). This means I'll either be able to keep my faction repper running on myself, or using my remote repper to repair some other poor soul.

Damage-wise, the ship performed adequately, and about as expected. The Battleship definitely has greater firepower (bigger guns, and one more of them, certainly help in that regard). The Proteus certainly pulled it's weight for its size, but it's lower ability to burst through a battleship than my battleship would have had was nonetheless noticeable. Granted, the Proteus has yet to reach its potential with damage skill training, so this will improve over time.

Drone wise, well that had no difference to my Battleship, since neither have any drone bonuses, and both can field a full flight of 5 drones. The Proteus does have a smaller drone bay, so it doesn't have the spare drone capacity that the Hyperion battleship has. In other words, if the Proteus loses a drone in combat, it can't really replace it. For the field test, i'd opted for using 5 Hammerheads (Gal Medium) and 5 HobGobs (Gal Light), totalling the full 75m3 capacity I had. Sure I could have carried 15 light drones, which means plenty of light drone replacements, but I prefer having mediums to hand for taking on the bigger ships. Heavy drones would technically be best again the battleship class, however these are not feasible to launch from a Proteus, and coupled with my inferior training for them and a dislike for them since they get blown up easily, I prefer the mediums over them anyway.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Skill Training - Marcus

Hydromagnetic Physics 4 - Skill at Hydromagnetic Physics
Marcus trained this in order to be able to inject/train the Ice Processing skill which grants him +2% Ice Refining yield per rank. Somehow that skill went under the radar this long, but he's correcting that in order to maximise his (and abi's) Ice Mining yield.

Ice Processing 1 & 2 - +2% Ice Refining Yield per skill level
I've simply taken this to rank 2 for now (+4% Yield) because I want to focus on getting Marcus able to use T2 Ice Harvesters. Rank 3 is an acceptable training time of 14h, so will likely be done sooner rather than later. Rank 4 will be a few days effort. I'll likely be back to these shortly to somewhat maximise refining performance. Rank 5...Hah! No. Not wasting 19 days for +2% yield :P.

Ice Harvesting 5 - -5% Reduction in Ice Harvester cycle time (?)
This is actually one of the few skills Abi managed to beat Marcus to. He needs it more for the fact that Lv5 of the skill is needed to be able to use T2 Ice Harvesters than for the bonus reduction to ice mining duration. Basically he'll be stupidly OP at his cycle time if he gets his hands on those :P

Skill Training - Abi

Abi's skill queue only has about 5 things in it, but it will take her into the new year anyway. She's had to train CPU Management up a bit to help deal with some CPU fitting issues in her mining barges.

Besides that, she's currently gunning for Cybernetics 5 to be able to fit the best training implants, after which she's going for Astrogeology 5 and Mining Barge 5 in order to be able to fly exhumers.