YouTube Channel Discussion

All the latest news & releases from the RangersOfEriador YouTube channel!
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Re: YouTube Channel Discussion

Post by Balthelion » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Already missed a few days this week (Doh!) And today's episode was intended for release yesterday but I forgot to schedule it (Double DOH!)

I also need to sit down and add the latest video links on the forums for the lazy people among you.

Anyway, time for the weekly update.

LOTRO
Avella has now been bumped to Lv20 and has acquired an XP disabler and an awesome unique outfit. So I can now finally continue the LOTRO series. I'll probably get around to recording some of this midweek with a view towards starting to release episodes again in the second half of this week.

Minecraft Super Hostile With Halathor
Plenty of this still pre-recorded, but Hal and I should be back to recording more of this soon anyway. Hopefully with much better results than where we finished off last year. You'll know what I mean when we get to that point in the series ;P

The Walking Dead: Season 2
Still no ETA on when the second game episode will be released, so no more of this coming this week. Telltale Games (the devs) have been having some issues causing delays with the second episode of another of their games recently, though supposedly that was coming out soon, so I'm guessing that these same delays may have affected their progress on The Walking Dead too.

Kerbal Space Program
Probably going to record at least one episode of this during the week, with a view towards releasing it in the second half of the week.

Half Life 2
I've finally sorted out the audio and graphical assets for this one. I can edit and release these much faster than any other series, since I've already blocked them into episodes while recording, rather than doing lengthy multi-episode recording sessions which then need to be split. The premiere of this was released today, with possibly more later this week.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Niliak
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Post by Niliak » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:19 pm

Balthelion wrote:

Half Life 2
I've finally sorted out the audio and graphical assets for this one. I can edit and release these much faster than any other series, since I've already blocked them into episodes while recording, rather than doing lengthy multi-episode recording sessions which then need to be split. The premiere of this was released today, with possibly more later this week.

I enjoyed this but I struggled to hear you at points and also some of the other speech. Is there an option to switch on subtitles in game?

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:46 am

Niliak wrote:
I enjoyed this but I struggled to hear you at points and also some of the other speech. Is there an option to switch on subtitles in game?
For in-game speech? I beleive so.

And yeah, I did notice that While editing. Given that its a first episode, theres usually some difficulties in balancing audio to make sure I can be heard during both quiet periods and action, that only becomes obvious after recording. Since this was recorded as indivisual episodes (And I've already recorded about 20 episodes starting around autumn last year), I can only assume I would have reviewed the audio after the first episode before recording the second. So, It should get better. I'm pretty sure

Might be a little odd to activate subtitles now since I'm more than halfway through the game, but I'll give it some thought, and at the least consider it for future games (or the episodic sequels to Half Life 2)

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:18 pm

LOTRO
Finally got questing underway with Avella now, recording 4 episodes over the past weekend covering the majority of Trestlebridge & The Forsaken Inn. Expect to see probably two episode of LOTRO out this week.

The Walking Dead: Season 2
Still no new content released by the developers, so can't record any more of this yet.

Minecraft Super Hostile with Halathor
Will need to sit down and do some extensive editing if I want more of this out this week. And I'd like to, since it's been a while since the last one.

Half Life 2
Can easily edit episodes for these, so expect several of these to come out this week.

Kerbal Space Program
While I did both fire this up, and download the latest release, I aborted recording a new episode at the 11th hour. I'd probably have more incentive to record another one if I patched to the latest release and was able to play with the new parts. Most notably, a two-in-one engine that will work like a jet engine at low altitude, and switch to rocket engine when the oxygen is too low. It's based on a real engine (SABRE I believe it's called). In short: I should finally be able to make a viable spaceplane, and this might be a good objective for the next video (as opposed to the repetitive "Build Rocket > Try To Reach Space > Some sort of disaster > The End)