Server Rules / Info

Everything related to the old Vanilla Server
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Server Rules / Info

Post by Balthelion » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Please obey the rules & restrictions listed here, or you may be banned from the server (either temporarily or permanently!)

-----

Rules

No Griefing!
No destroying others hard work, except where a mutually agreed war is in place.

No Stealing!
Don't loot other peoples chests, or use up resources in their bases (eg Coal) for your own work when using it for shelter.

No Exploration beyond the map boundaries!
The Map boundary is defined as the rectangle of the map JPG file. You may explore to fill in the white space, but do not explore beyond the map as this can drastically increase memory usage on the server (and you aren't the one paying for it!)

No building on or near other people's property
Don't build at all in another persons kingdom, unless they give you permission.

In public lands (such as the Homelands), don't build anywhere near somebody else's properties or claimed villages.

No building nether portals without permission!
Building a nether portal too close to an existing one will cause all gates to not work properly, and takes a lot of effort and luck to fix. Ask for permission before you build one in your kingdom, or use an existing gate.

No inviting other players to the server, or passing on the server details
Membership on the server is by my permission only. New players will only be allowed to play with my permission. DO NOT Invite others with getting my approval first, and NEVER pass on server details. Any unknown players that appear will receive a PERMANENT ban. Players that violate this rule may or may not also receive a permanent ban.

Building Restrictions

If you want to build large structures, you need to get permission from me to take one of the unclaimed lands as your kingdom. Once officially claimed, you can build whatever you like in your borders without restrictions.

Otherwise, in the case of a one-off build of a large structure in public territory, you'll have to ask for permission from me.

You may build one relatively large base (without permission) to use as your first base in the Homelands region, as long as this is somewhere close to The Vale. Use common-sense so it's not located somewhere in the way, see what others have done.

You are welcome to build small structures (such as small shelters, or houses on top of mines etc) in The Homelands without restriction. Please put a sign up on the building with the name of the struture and the owner's name. Preferably, please also let us know on the forum (or via in-game chat) so we can update the map.

• You are not allowed to build ANYTHING in another persons kingdom without it's owner's permission.
  • You are not allowed to build ANYTHING in an unclaimed territory without my permission.
  • You are only allowed to build small structures (Huts on mineshafts, emergency shelters etc) in The Homlands

Server Info

Make sure you have a copy of the latest map from this topic.

Ownership
When a new base is built, or points of interests are discovered (such as Rifts, Mineshafts, Dungeons etc), they are generally owned by the person that found them.

In the case of towns, each player on the server has the right to one town to call their own. Additional towns may be claimed by players at my discretion. Villages which state "Unclaimed" or "Shared" may be claimed by players. You must let me know if you want to claim a village, and I will update the map accordingly.

Ownership of any points of interest will be shown under their name on the map. In some cases, this may state "Shared" meaning this is a public base where any resources in the base, or associated areas (such as cave systems underneath) can be claimed by anyone.

If a base is owned by another player, you are allowed to use it as shelter, and use the facilities located inside (Furnaces, craft tables etc). However, make sure you leave the place as you found it, and do not use any of that players resources (such as coal in furnaces).

Kingdoms
Kingdoms may be established at sufficient distances from The Vale. These areas are purely under the control of the owning player, who owns the right to all resources within the borders, even if they are undiscovered. Points of Interest inside kingdom borders will NOT show the owning players name, however this is indicated under the kingdom name.

Borders and territories are subject to my approval.

The map is continually divided into regions as we discover more territory. Borders are open to negotiation where appropriate.

New Player Info

When you join the server, you'll enter the world near the center of the map in a desert region called "The Spawn Dunes". From the Spawn point, you will be able to see the "Spawn Cottage", which you should immediately head to for safety, especially if it is night outside. There is a gate outside the door, both of which can be opened and closed with a right click.

From the Spawn Cottage, you can follow the train tracks in complete safety all the way to THE VALE, the shared capital city of our world. Here, you will be able to use the various facilities (outlined below), to help you get started in the world until you are able to establish your own base. You may also be able to use the nearby minecart dispenser to collect a minecart to the vale. Simply place it on the track under the button, right click to get in, and right click the button to go. Remember to remove the minecart off the track once you arrive (left click it a few times to punch it off).

Most players establish their first base close to the vale for easy access to the facilities

The Vale

The Vale is the shared capital of our world, and its facilities are available to use by everyone. Players new to the server will find this place especially helpful.

Facilities include:

The Swaggering Rogue Tavern
A large brick building located in the far right corner of the Vale (from the main gate), the tavern includes 6 guest rooms available to be used by new players, or those simply far from home. Each room comes furnished with a bed, double chest and sofa. A furnace, crafting table, and brewing stand are also available for use in the bar downstairs. The two VIP suite also contain basic crafting facilities and an extra chest. To claim a room: Simply remove and replace the sign. Add the room number back on the first line (eg "ROOM 1"), and write your name underneath. If you are permanently leaving, remember to remove your name!

The Foundry
The Foundry is a small stone building located towrads the far left corner of the vale (from the gate) containing a forge that will allow up to two players to mine an infinite supply of cobblestone for their own personal use! This is free to use, but make sure you only mine the cobblestone and not the bricks of the forge, or you may break the system.

The Wizard's Tower
The wizard's tower is the tower on the hill which contain's an enchanting room where you can spend your current XP levels to upgrade your various tools and items.

Central Station
Railways to locations both near and far make getting around the world a whole lot easier - and SAFER! Simply put a minecart on the end of a track underneath a button, hop in, and push the buttons to depart. Please do not leave minecarts or any obstructions on the tracks. Minecarts can be made using 5 iron ingots in a "u" shape.

The Animal Pits

Chicken Pit - A supply of fresh eggs is available here. Eggs can be taken to be used to create your own supply of chickens elsewhere, or used to bake some tasty treats. If you're just passing by, feel free to smash the eggs in the Chicken Pit for the chance to create more chickens.

Pig Pit - A steady supply of bacon and steeds.

Cow Pit - A fresh supply of milk (use a bucket), or leather (murder)

Sheep Pit - Wool in every colour! Use the shears provided in the nearby chests to go harvet wool off the sheep. Please take some time to gather wool and add to the nearby chests if you're just passing by, or take for your own needs.

All animals will breed if given WHEAT. Please only kill an animal if you can repalce it by breeding a baby animal.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Re: Server Rules / Info

Post by Rielthiere » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:07 am

Balthelion wrote: Remember to remove the minecart off the track once you arrive (left click it a few times to punch it off).
i'd just like to remind people of this one, as it seems to have been forgotten by someone.

i've just finished clearing all tracks, and found 16 rogue minecarts in all, spread onto 6 seperate tracks. 8 of them were spread onto just 2 tracks.

if the cart has travelled away from you, it can certainly take a bit of time to get to it to recover it. however, it takes less time to clear one track than many, and all of us would rather be doing more enjoyable things.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Re: Server Rules / Info

Post by Balthelion » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:31 am

Added new rule to avoid similar incidents in the future:

No building nether portals without permission!
Building a nether portal too close to an existing one will cause all gates to not work properly, and takes a lot of effort and luck to fix. Ask for permission before you build one in your kingdom, or use an existing gate.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker