Everything related to the old Vanilla Server
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Re: Minecraft Chat

Post by Balthelion » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:40 am

On the subject of the Nether...

Finally re-established a 1:1 link between the nether portal near the vale and it's original counterpart in the nether. You can now use these and return to the correct spot, without randomly creating new portals each time you step through.

There are currently three active - and STABLE - nether portals: The Vale, Dragonstone, and The Wetlands.

A new rule has been added to the rules thread that you must get permission before bulding a nether portal. This is to avoid incidents in the future where a new portal is built too close to an exisint one and they interefere with one another.

Lastly, after exploration it's been determined that the nether fortress near the Dragonstone gate is a completely different fortress to the one near the vale gate.

-----

Dragonstone has been updated to sell more items at Smaug's Emporium. Also note that all foods are now sold, and any food previously sold in Smaug's Emporium are now available inside The Prancing Pony Tavern instead. Food prices have also been reduced (2 silver for every hunger bar filled)

-----

Finally, a new Spleef plugin has been added to the server. See the plugin topic for details. It's great fun and automates travel to the Spleef Dome as well as resetting the arena after a game. It costs 1 gold coin to join a game, but the winner will win 2 gold for every player in the game, as well as some special items.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:26 am

Added two new plugins.

The first - Found Diamonds - announces on the server when diamonds or other rare materials are found. It's currently configured to announe finding diamond or gold ore, and mossy cobblestone (ie dungeons). The announcement message only appears once you have mined the first block, and it also announces the quantity in that node.

The second - Stargate - is a portal based travel system. It offers a lot of customisation, but basically can funstion like those from the TV show. Gates can be set to operate on a specified network, or on the default network (dubbed "central"). Gates can "dial" other gates on the network, within criteria. Full details on the plugin to follow. Gates require significant amounts of resources to build - 9 Obsidian and 7 gold blocks (=63 Gold Ingots) - but are able to be used free of cost once established. A Stargate has been added to The Vale (near the wizard's tower), although there are currently no other gates for it to dial on the public network. Two private gates have also been constructed in The Drakesmark, although only I can use them (unless I remotely dial them for you)

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:26 am

Riel - Final tally:

2,267 Coal
807 Iron
542 Redstone
404 Railway Tracks
241 Lapis
151 Gold
19 Diamonds
5 Slimeball
3 Ender Pearl
1 Dragon Egg :mrgreen:

and a lot of general blocks :D

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:25 am

Who's been killing my sheep? :evil:

Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Post by Rielthiere » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:17 pm

you bastard.

that is all :p

(and i haven't been near the sheep, there's no food from them :p)

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:54 pm

Well I'm down to three cows too, though the pigs seem to be more or less normal. I'm reluctant to believe it's a world gen issue, since last time I sheared the sheep, pretty sure they were all there.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed May 16, 2012 2:58 am

Will need to do some final exploration and get a map up since it's almost filled in. Also started construction of a quarry near Helvana (built a crane, plan to add a few more).

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Thu May 31, 2012 10:45 am

There will likely be a map update over/before the weekend once some of my recent additions have appeared on the map and my temporary eyesores removed. This should also (fianlly) fill in the last teeny corner of the map!

As far as my recent construction has gone:

Dragonstone has made use of my new "Permanent Button" technology so that you push a button to PERMANENTLY open the gates, and can use a button again to permanently close them. Buttons are on both sides of all gates. This technology is being rolled out to Helvana, and will be used in all my future constructions. If you want to learn how to make these, you can inspect my prototype in the fields outside of Dragonstone. Aditionally, buttons are palced on iron blocks to make them easier to spot.

Various other prototypes are available for viewing/copying in the fields around dragonstone. These include both cosmetic (watchtowers, cranes) and practical/redstone designs (automatic wheat farms, hidden storage sytems).

Also started work on a quarry near Helvana, and a new town called Winterfell in the north-east of my kingdom.

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Cool Story Bro

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Hal wrote:Cool Story Bro
Obvious method to increase postocount is obvious. ;)