Minecraft Chat

Everything related to the old Vanilla Server
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Re: Minecraft Chat

Post by Balthelion » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Server is now running Minecraft 1.2.4 so you need to update your client

Bukkit have skipped releasing a beta build, and released a full-on recommended build, so I've updated the server. However, it seems that the backend can't detect the new bukkit build, so we're in vanilla for the duration :cry:

I suspect that my hosts might need to copy the file to their server for it to be detected/distributed, in which case it should be updated tonight and plugins will work again. They live ins Texas, so if memory serves that means they are GMT-7. Should hopefully be able to update bukkit after 6pm with luck.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:46 pm

Well the americans havent fixed the bukkit update issue, so again have to send a support ticket to get shit done :P

Also be aware that Mojang have their eyes on releasing a Minecraft 1.2.5 in the near future, so don't update to that when it hits. That said, They seem to be planning to co-ordiante a simultaneous rlease of 1.2.5 with a working bukkit build. We'll see....

-----

Maddy - If you haven't noticed yet, I've destroyed your Soronthil railway. But never fear - Riel and I built all the southern railway infrastruture, and incorporated your rails into that. Bottom line - You have a much better railway now (it's powered AND lit properly!) and it looks a look nicer too. Oh, did i mention that you now have TWO railways to Soronthil Now?
  • The Vale <> Orthanc
  • The Vale <> Soronthil
  • Orthanc <> Soronthil
I did have to make some minor alterations to your station in orthanc, and a slighty more extensive alteration in soronthil, but hope you don't mind. Kept the same style ;)

-----

EDIT: We're now running Minecraft 1.2.4 with compatible Bukkit, so plugins all work again. Thankfully shop signs do not need to be re-placed :D

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Busy busy busy, especially since you've a new build buddy :-P

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:55 pm

Just banned a "Slappy87" from the server who randomly appeared. Anyone know him? Since the only way to get our server details is if someone playing on the server gives them out, someone must know him.

Remember that giving out server details without me giving permission first is against the rules, and will result in a warning at least, and a permanent ban if rule breaking continues

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:02 pm

No one i know, start interrogating the family :-P

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:51 am

Just updated Catacombs from 1.9 to 2.0 and fixed some bugs in the config.

Catacombs was set to allow you to keep your inventory on a death (if you could afford it) and was charging a whopping 25 gold. Fixed it so that if you die, your items are dropped as usual, and you don't die.

Also added another plugin to finally replace an old one, so that we get humourous death messages once again :D

-----

Note that tomorrow (today) everyone who has OP permissions will lose it. Instead people will be moved to an appropriate permissions group. More details on which group has which permissions later.

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:47 am

NEVAH!!!!!

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Minecraft will be updated to 1.2.5 on Wednesday 4th April at around 3pm.

As usual DO NOT UPDATE YOUR CLIENT until such time as i say here on the forums, or you are unable to connect to the server because you have an "Outdated client".

Bukkit is allegedly going to have a simultaneous release ready, so hopefully we'll be upgrafing pretty fast this time :)

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:24 am

Bukkit alread has a beta build for 1.2.5 out (shock-horror!) and plans to have a release build out "shortly after 1.2.5 release". Which is at 3pm today. So hopefully server will be updated tonight (maybe tomorrow)

Will likely also have a new map out today too.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:28 pm

The Server has been patched to 1.2.5 so you can safely update. And we still have bukkit running :D

Interestingly though, they didn't bump the protocol version, so a 1.2.4 client can still connect to a 1.2.5 server and a 1.2.5 client can conenct to a 1.2.4 server.

Also, a (minor) map update is about to be posted.