It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 8 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Rangers Of Ascalon [RoA]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:51 pm 
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Rangers of Ascalon is going to be a casual, laid back guild that I will be setting up on the Fissure of Woe server when servers go live. Me and Riel, along with some of my old Guild Wars buddies will hopefully be amongst the founding members. We aim to create a relaxed environment to enjoy the game, whilst tackling pve, dungeons and WvWvW

We'll be using this forum as a discussion forum, for general chat about Guild Wars, as well as a place to distribute information and organise events. We also have access to a TS server for better communication and general discussion

If anyone who wants to be in the guild could register a forum account and make a quick post in this topic, with a quick intro (if poss) and the name of their main character's name (when they know it, which might not be til launch I know)

Think that's me out of things to say, but watch this space, The Rangers are on the rise!

Post subject: Re: Rangers Of Ascalon [RoA]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:06 pm 
High Warden
High Warden

intros... hmm... Main Character: Daelthein

about me - lotro for far too long, and tired. GW2 is fresh, but also looks much better developed to me. i like sweet stuff.

that covers most of it i guess :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:17 pm 

My main is Atrum Specialus on GuildWars, I get bored easily of GuildWars, played the stories too many times so hopefully GuildWars2 will help me out there ;)
Hopefully I will name my first character on GW2 Atrum, but we shall see and I will update it here when necessary :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:26 pm 
High Warden
High Warden

just on the topic of naming: any names held on a GW1 account seem to be held until the end of launch day for GW2.

so when you get your account linked you're able to use the name(s) on your GW1 account. however at the end of 28 August all names become available for the grabbing.

i should probably note for those coming in here from GW1, you'll know my existing character as Caille Khadrim (or 'Stubborn Dragon' when translated out of Paravian :P)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:10 pm 
First Marshall
First Marshall

This is too early for a name! *hides*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:09 pm 

RAWR!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:14 pm 
First Marshall
First Marshall

A friend who just joined the kin on the LOTRO side will be joining with his mates on the same server so we can have some fun together, or maybe even suck them in. :D

My main will be a mesmer by the name Nethaga, but I'm still debating on the race. Someone nasty told me it's no good to have a sylvari mesmer. :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:44 pm 
High Warden
High Warden

race means less, as far as i can tell, than it does in lotro.

can't see why sylvari would be any worse than the others, and tbh having looked over the cultural armours available - sylvari light armour is pretty sweet looking.

they apparently have a little more in terms of racial abilities to support heal than any other race, but not enough to make significant impact. to quote from an interview:

Quote:
If for example I want some healing support I’m not going to look for a sylvari character (even though they have more in the way of racial healing skills than other races), I’m going to look for an elementalist or one of the other GW2 support professions. If I happened to get a sylvari warrior in my group and he brought some heals, that would be a bonus but he’d be sacrificing some damage or survivability, and not healing as well as an elementalist in water attunement would.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/109- ... yan-scott/ (Question:Given that professions are permanent, a player will need 40 characters to experiment with every possible combination compared to the 10 of Guild Wars. What would you say to players who are worried about falling behind because they have picked the wrong race/profession combination?)

basically - any race/class combo will work, and if it doesn't they're likely to tweak it so that racial bias disappears and builds are set up around the class specifically.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:47 pm 
First Marshall
First Marshall

The idea behind sylvari mesmer was (iirc) that it's got a lore issue. :p Ask the professor.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:57 pm 
High Warden
High Warden

lore issue? hal can't think of anything that directly conflicts with anything, nor can i really.

i can see how it could work together though - mesmer + illusion, hiding in trees et cetera. not much of a lore tie-in, but i really can't think any reason why it wouldn't work together.

Page 1 of 8 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next