Rangers Of Ascalon [RoA]

The Rangers of Ascalon
Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Re: Rangers Of Ascalon [RoA]

Post by Rielthiere » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:10 am

meh, wish they hadn't mentioned the possibility of being live up to 3 hours in advance :P

it's now under 1 hour, so they probably won't open early at this stage. but i'm still checking frequently to see what the story is :)

edit - announcement just made that forums won't open for posting until the official live time. still no other indication of game servers being live before that, so my guess right now is there won't be any early start - just 8AM UK time as scheduled. still gonna keep checking of course

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:23 am

WE ARE LIVE!!!

Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Post by Rielthiere » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:27 am

grats noob :P

i still can't get in, gonna keep trying a little longer and end up contacting customer support in a little bit.

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:49 am

No news yet. Gonna see later when we can get in game. :)

Can't get in yet, seems EU people have login issues. I'm gonna be away for most of the day but will see about the night dash to lv20ish. :p
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Post by Rielthiere » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:05 am

aye login issues all over the place, though at least part of that is server load i guess :)

anguelion
Esquire
Esquire

Post by anguelion » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:01 pm

I realesed to log in and created engeneer named Angun Le Grand
Played 10 minutes and was trowed out ...
We work for living but not live for working !

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:13 pm

There's been some issues with the servers so far. Some people are having no problems at all, other are having issues logging in. I expect arenanet will clear them up before the 24h mark. Every game has its rough spots at release, especially mmo's

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Having Error 42:0:9001:3927, and I know its not related to my firewall settings or anything since it was working perfectly fine earlier this morning

Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Post by Rielthiere » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:58 pm

dave, coriann and i were all having issue 42 earlier.

deffo server-side, as i was actually watching at my side to check whether any connections were being blocked.

edit: this is new. getting a message, in red, on the client that 'Connection error(s) detected. Retrying...'

this is before the login screen can appear, and seems to be hanging at this stage. i'm not sure that it even IS retrying, but closing and reopening the client hasn't fixed the issue either.

i'm quite glad this is only headstart access period - hopefully they'll have everything sorted out before the live launch.
Last edited by Rielthiere on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah the log in servers have gone down. It all the Americans getting out of bed to play :-P. Its a pretty common thing for mmo's esp at launch. Both wow and swtor were virtually unplayable for nearly 2 days for some. Diablo experienced similar things and so did lotro at RoI release. So its not exactly uncommon, just frustrating for most. Though this doesn't stop arena-net getting a hell of a lot of flak