The Tower of Orthanc (ToO)

Help & Advice for Raids
andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Re: The Tower of Orthanc (ToO)

Post by andrac » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:08 pm

i kinda miss some things watching only the green bars but i want to say that, from my perspective, we could run through it more easy if all the ppl could pot their disease more effective. Not healing 8 seconds is one eternity, feared or stunned. Also taking less damage is a nice ideea too, that AoE big attack when Saruman says, ''I am cloaked in the Shadow!'' i think it may be avoided, the ETA is around 3 seconds and for sure at least the medium/light can run to not take that wonderful 3,5 k hit. Just think that is imposibble to keep all at full morale and such AoE can easily one shot anyone. Also, we could stay very close to the wall, when the puddle with 1,5k/tick is under us, it may be easy to go around it instead running through it.
Phase 1 is a walk in park, phase 2 CAN be dangerous if u let that lighting to mess around the group, phase 3, mini/light/medium stay a little far to the main group so dont take AoE, avoid puddle, POT diseases and is really not hard to heal. Not make it yet a strategy for phase 4 since is still a little messy atm not knowing the tactics.
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Grim
Captain General
Captain General

Post by Grim » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:58 pm

Dont think we can move before the shadow puddle drops andra - he spawns it on a member of the raid so if you move early, its likely to just spawn where youve moved to.
Grimhelmd - 75 Guardian
Turrion - 75 Captain
Tergon - 75 Loremaster
Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

Ufast
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Ufast » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:31 am

Is it possible for us to drop the shadow puddle on an acid one to save space by running back into the previous puddle when he says "choke and die on my noxious fumes"?
Ufast-75 Lore-Master
Uard-75 Warden
Ufori-27 Rune-Keeper
Thuto-20 Burglar

Grim
Captain General
Captain General

Post by Grim » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:21 am

Ufast wrote:Is it possible for us to drop the shadow puddle on an acid one to save space by running back into the previous puddle when he says "choke and die on my noxious fumes"?
Possibly, but I didnt think space was an issue particularly as long as we dont run too far round the tower when a puddle drops. There was only ever one puddle of either sort at a time (may have been more healing spots) as when saruman spawns a new one, the previous one disapears.
Grimhelmd - 75 Guardian
Turrion - 75 Captain
Tergon - 75 Loremaster
Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Fire + Frost - if the bosses are tanked in positions A and B, the rest of the group should stay close - almost within melee range. Even if you're ranged DPS or heals. Makes picking up spawned grims easier AND corruption removal quicker.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Post by Rielthiere » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:32 pm

LM inspect of the central Saruman at the top of the tower:

while i'm on the RAT (venom-keeper) and can't be certain that there are no debuffs on the central saruman, i'm pretty sure there couldn't have been.

it's interesting to note that he has poor finesse and only fair resistance to cries - lower than anything else - as well as his remarkable mitigations to every damage type.

going by the partially-visible debuff on danny's LM (top right of the inspect box) the pottable effects stage is active, so it should be phase 3. this may or may not be an accurate representation of later stages of course.

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:23 pm

http://darklegacy.guildlaunch.com/gwiki ... gid=205816

A tactic for Saruman fight. There's also the "win mode" tactic that involved damaging the real saruman with rings in phase 3, ending the whole fight there.
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:26 am

That "win" mode sounds pretty good. If the concept is for the five rings to be more powerful, when wielded together, than the master ring, then the tactic makes perfect sense. No need to destroy the master ring unless you want challenge mode.
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Grim
Captain General
Captain General

Post by Grim » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Sounds a bit dodgy to me, will take a vote on whether we try it or not next time we fight him. Shame the guide doesnt really give any specific tactics, mostly just a list of sarumans skills etc
Grimhelmd - 75 Guardian
Turrion - 75 Captain
Tergon - 75 Loremaster
Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:08 pm

The last post here:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php? ... &p=5920519

makes it clear that Saruman should not be able to take any damage until his ring is destroyed. So I'm coming to the opinion that T1stage3 win is an exploit.
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin