Draigoch's Lair (Draigoch)

Help & Advice for Raids
Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Re: Draigoch's Lair

Post by Netham » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:28 pm

If the mark is put up when the head goes to combat, there will be max 1 hit on the tank but no more on any point of the whole run. Many times the tank won't even have initial aggro on the target. On phases 1 and 2 it's been more usual that someone from dps group has had head initial aggro.

The paws won't attack the tank who's in front of the head on phase 3 at any point. Last week on Thursday I range dps'd the front claws for the whole time the dragon was standing there and took 0 hits in total on the phase, iirc.

So, the tank won't need any heals from a cappy or a mini/rk. They have their pots if they need those, but if the mark is on the head in, say 5 seconds, there will be max 1 hit and it's not gonna be even half of the morale the tank should have. Wardens get 7k devastates, so they can take 2 if needed, assuming they'll use a pot/man heal/NS as a reaction to the first hit. This shouldn't happen in any point since the tank won't hit the head and won't get any real aggro.
Andracy wrote:We established that the cappy will heal the tank when we nuke far 2 claws and when we move to the front claws i heal since i am in healing range. Or at least that i do.
Wardens will be able to heal the group when dps is on the front claws. :p The mark keeps the aggro solid on all phases, assuming you're not over spamming Conviction. I never peeled the head on me with this. :)
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Ah Neth - thx. This is the post I've been waiting for. Think I finally understand phase 3 aggro.
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Never thought there was much to understand tbh

Noble Mark, get on with killing claws, dangle neth in front of draigoch as bait

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:21 pm

I'm going to rewrite this post to try and hide my needless confusion ;)

Mostly I could not understand why the tank was taking aggro, and damage, if the cappy was noble marking. Or, conversely, why the cappie was noble marking when the tank appeared to have aggro.

EOM
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Rasmil
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Rasmil » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:03 pm

I tanked draigoch in a pug today and found out it is as boring as everyone says. I was running combat analysis to time how long you had to DPS claws and it was

Phase one - 1:15
Phase two - 1:30
Phase three - 1:00
Rasmil - level 75 champ
Polbro - level 75 mini

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Well after wednesdays run, I can safely say that a decently geared and played warden can solo draigochs head - it's all in the build and gambit rotation :)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Arc

Post by Arc » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:23 am

Balthelion wrote:Well after wednesdays run, I can safely say that a decently geared and played warden can solo draigochs head - it's all in the build and gambit rotation :)
Hasn't it always been? ;)
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:48 am

My combat analysis stats show about 9-10k damage per a go at the head. I usually stack buffs pretty good but not all I could, but it's been about that amount each time. Once every now and then I take a 6k hit but it's pretty rare.

In the same time I heal closer to 25k or so. Can easily sustain over 400hps while being pretty well buffed.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 am

I basically stacked the three primary defensive buffs (with battle prep before draigoch lands where possible), then running through heals gambits, then rinse and repeat. Once everythings up, its pretty safe, even if theres a double devastate. The tricky part is getting your defenses up before your heals, as thats when you're the most vulnerable. One PB at the start of the rotation to get agro too. And was using 4 of the six masteries as part of defensive buff rotation (to allow me to reapply them and get back to heal gambits faster)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Aggro doesn't matter so it usually comes when your heals start stacking.

Shield mastery, shield tactics, dance of war (x 2 for additional buff) and war cry can be used before dragon lands, then if u do a surety of death (another long version of an additional buff) and the 3 and 4 long heals (another one) u have everything up, and can do another DoW to have a chance to take screenshots of your stats. :D Ofc if u like, wall of steel too.

There's pretty much zero info about the stacking additional buffs on anything official afaik, but thorough analysis on the mechanics on warden forums. :) If I got u right, that's what u had up, but just saying in case some don't know of them too much yet.