Draigoch's Lair (Draigoch)

Help & Advice for Raids
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Re: Draigoch's Lair

Post by Balthelion » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:48 pm

He can still be noble mark tanked in phase 3. But he still needs eye candy in front of him.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Oh, I think I see - the main tank gets damage in that small window before the cappie gets the head under control? And this damage from the head, combined with damage from the front claws in the drive-by, is what causes the problems.....?
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Whatever has head agro can take massive (aoe) dammage. Usually this is the tank, but often healers can (unintentionally) get head agro pretty quick.

Claws tend to pick on the first target that's in range (and they have a large range). Since the back claws are where the DPS is, the front claws will be lonely, and will likely hit the tank (or anything else they can reach) on his drive by.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Sounds like Noble Mark in phase 3 is not much use then?
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Grim
Captain General
Captain General

Post by Grim » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:03 am

Noble mark works fine in phase 3 as well (if you arent a retard like me and forget to apply it)
Grimhelmd - 75 Guardian
Turrion - 75 Captain
Tergon - 75 Loremaster
Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Post by Rielthiere » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:24 am

as per some posts in this thread:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php? ... igoch-raid

it's apparently possible to have healers standing away from the paws without taking damage, yet still healing the entire group.

sadly i won't likely be able to join this week to find out if it's accurate, though if things change closer to the time i'll let you know asap.

Baz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Baz » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:08 am

I don't see any reason to change a winning fformula tbh. Folks just need to focus a bit more, keep disciplined on voice, follow orders and cut out the mistakes.......

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:29 am

Added tip - you must stay grouped up when running around in corridors in combat, as paw damage can still hit you a long way away. Draigoch hit me for 8.3k when I thought I was safely in a corridor well out of line of sight.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Post by Rielthiere » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:41 am

only reason i mention the healer positions thing is because: not all healers (myself included) have the morale to stay reliably alive during phase 3 - especially if there's a surprise hit from a fire puddle. dunno about everyone else, but i have absolutely no indicators on my screen to show where a puddle is. my first clue that i'm entering one is when i start taking damage from it.

on top of that, if a few people are a little slow getting to a paw and grouping up, but a healer is up-front and taking the damage early on, it's entirely possible (and has happened a few times) that they'll die, or come very close, early on - making either them or the captains focus on healing them.

also - the tank's job could be made easier if they were sure of having heals throughout, rather than just at occasional points of the third phase.

thus, if there's a possibility of making the run a little safer, and needing a few less rezzes, while working better together and understanding the raid even more, i personally see that as a good thing. no harm in working toward improving ourselves.

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:54 am

Rachie wrote:I don't see any reason to change a winning fformula tbh. Folks just need to focus a bit more, keep disciplined on voice, follow orders and cut out the mistakes.......
agree.
Rielthiere wrote:only reason i mention the healer positions thing is because: not all healers (myself included) have the morale to stay reliably alive during phase 3 - especially if there's a surprise hit from a fire puddle. dunno about everyone else, but i have absolutely no indicators on my screen to show where a puddle is. my first clue that i'm entering one is when i start taking damage from it.
I dont see the fire puddles but i go after all so i dont go first, and i keep watching the blue shield allways. This is the best advice for all.
Rielthiere wrote:on top of that, if a few people are a little slow getting to a paw and grouping up, but a healer is up-front and taking the damage early on, it's entirely possible (and has happened a few times) that they'll die, or come very close, early on - making either them or the captains focus on healing them.
I am never first, i am last allways.
Rielthiere wrote:also - the tank's job could be made easier if they were sure of having heals throughout, rather than just at occasional points of the third phase.
We established that the cappy will heal the tank when we nuke far 2 claws and when we move to the front claws i heal since i am in healing range. Or at least that i do.
Rielthiere wrote:thus, if there's a possibility of making the run a little safer, and needing a few less rezzes, while working better together and understanding the raid even more, i personally see that as a good thing. no harm in working toward improving ourselves.
It is true. In my last run we did not loose anyone but with a week before i remember Bal saying "why everybody is dying?" :D. We had some deaths at some point but nothing serious. U need to stay focus. Follow lider allways. Dont go fight to the claw alone. Stay out of fire. Use pots to help healer
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)