Draigoch's Lair (Draigoch)

Help & Advice for Raids
Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Re: Draigoch's Lair

Post by Hardric » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Two healers in same group? Not a bad idea I suppose. Makes it a little more confusing for the healers. Perhaps better (speaking as a cappy here :P) to have CJ group as: Cappy, Minstrel, 4 DPS (including burg)

Then one healer gets power regen from cappy and 4 DPS get cappy buffs and mini buffs for extra damage.

H
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Could do. I was thinking of cappy with the champs cos OOK does most damage.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:09 pm

Last sunday the biggest issue was deaths on the paws even before phase 3 (in it also), and then on phase 3 I suppose I didn't get heals because there had been no need for them before that, then got 7k + 4k in a row and was in fire / too far / too many ppl to be rez'd so Grim had to tank the head and paws were left to highest dps who isn't always a champ...

Also might be that there was no noble mark on phase 3 (I'm not sure) and since dps started on back paws, they were too far to do any aggro on the head (talking about the healers). If the mark on phase 3 is needed for additional dps, another option is to have a healer spam something and HoT the head tank so the tank won't get aggro (because they're not doing anything, lol).

Atleast on phase 1 I noticed that Polbro had the head aggro a number of times before anything was done upstairs. When cappy mark got put on the head and aggro target changed to upstairs, draggy did a single attack, meaning the tank took one hit per round, if even that.

If it's possible to keep the mark on the head all the time then that solves the tanking issue for the whole raid.

In any case, I'd feel a lot better if there was a tank or atleast someone 10k+ morale to aggro the paws (and that's why I've wanted to tank them) since it's less risk of the top dps to go down. This has been an issue at some occations.
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Neth we did it last night with only me as "meat". I can't be called tank for Draigoch as I pressed F1 for the entire fight.
Even a warden (sarcasm) can resist Draigoch if he is Noble Marked.
Me and Nost should play some card games next time as this is really boring.
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Could someone explain the Noble Mark tactics, and how the relate to each phase please? One day I might have the excitement of working on the head..... hmmmm.
Cheers
H

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:21 pm

They're really quite easy Hardric

Basically the cappy Noble Marks Draigoch's head, then hides back around the corner (like he normally would) to avoid the head's damage. Because Draigoch is Noble Marked, the cappy gets his aggro, but the cappy won't be hit because he's hiding round the corner out of line of sight. The tank then just stands in the opening to ensure that there is someone there so that Draigoch doesn't cause a cave in, but the tank does not hit or otherwise engage Draigoch's head in any way

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Ah, I thought it was something like that. But, Neth has been talking about Noble Mark in Phase 3, which I don't understand. If its a question of range tanking the head down on the treasure pile, then maybe its a good idea

I'm also wondering what happens if no one has aggro in phase 1 and 2? Let me rephrase that, if the tank does nothing and the cappy heals without noble mark?

Cheers

H

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Hardric wrote:Ah, I thought it was something like that. But, Neth has been talking about Noble Mark in Phase 3, which I don't understand. If its a question of range tanking the head down on the treasure pile, then maybe its a good idea

I'm also wondering what happens if no one has aggro in phase 1 and 2?
Someone has aggro always. It's only a matter of being in line of sight. So that's why u still need a tank even tho he's not tanking. :p
Edit in here: If the tank is there and doesn't have the aggro, it doesnt matter who has it. The tank can do on their own even without the cappy if they just don't hit the head. A healer will grab the aggro because they are in range of the head aggro wise. They won't get attacked by the head tho. That's how u can tank the head on phase 1 and 2 without heals.

On phase 3 if the mark is there (as in phase 1 and 2), there'd still be no damage on the tank since he doesnt have the aggro, he's just in line of sight. If the person with aggro is in line of sight, the dragon will attack. I'm guessing this isn't WAI.

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Ah, in that case I'm thinking the spare LM should be up top healing the tank. Beacon of Hope is a decent sized heal, with longish CD, and Inner Flame is a reasonable channeled HoT. There is also Flanking which has been discussed before. However, I now think that flanking will work since pets no longer bug out, and the out-of sight healer has aggro, so the pet should take no damage (there is also in-combat summoning). The captain is wasted up top, now that a back up tank is not required, and multiple LMs are wasted down below since DPS is still lower than Champs/Hunters.

Of course, this is only in the sub-optimal case that LMs are present at all :P

H

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:47 pm

Usually the LM's are there. :p

Nice idea. If your pet is attacking, the pet will get aggro tho. Then there will be damage on the tank (and the pet) assuming the pet isn't ranged and can keep their positioning. :D The loremaster could actually do the standing while the tank range attacks the head to keep aggro, that'd be the tank tanking then again!