Draigoch's Lair (Draigoch)

Help & Advice for Raids
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Draigoch's Lair (Draigoch)

Post by Balthelion » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:35 am

Post your tips & tricks, or ask for advice here!

-----
Edit: Mon 17th Oct 2011

The draft guide has now been turned into a proper guide - Draigoch's Lair - however i'll leave the CJ list here for reference.
-----

The Conjunctions

Draigoch has a set of 12 new and unique conjunctions which need to be executed in a specific order. These will weaken him, making the raid easier and faster to complete. Conjunctions can only be executed on Draigoch's Body, and only when he is knocked off the wall onto the floor below.

Set 1:
Affects Claws: +100% Incoming Melee Damage, +50% Incoming Ranged/Tactical Damage. Each conjunction affects one claw.
  1. RYYYYR - Just a Flesh Wound (Rear Left)
  2. YYYYYR - First Blood (Front Left)
  3. YYRRYY - Surgical Strike (Front Right)
  4. YRYYRY - A Slight Sting (Rear Right)
Set 2:
Affects Body: +25% Incoming Melee Damage, +12.5% Incoming Ranged/Tactical damage. Stacks 4 times, once per FM.
  1. RYRYRY - Exposed
  2. YRYRYR - A Snail Out of It's Shell
  3. RRYRYY - Deep Wound
  4. YYRYRR - A Chink in Their Armour
Set 3:
Affects Body: Deals 5% of Draigoch's max health for each FM.
  1. RRYYRR - The Sound of Inevitability
  2. YRRRRY - Twisting the Dagger
  3. RYRRYR - Sudden Death
  4. RRYRRY - Stroke of Midnight
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Re: Draigoch's Lair

Post by Balthelion » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:36 am

MILD SPOILER WARNING

Pre-Fight

After Draigoch's initial (and extremely awesome!) intro speech, it's time to head down the tunnels of flame. To tell you as little as possible, and yet everything you need to know: Don't let him see you :twisted:

At the end of the tunnels of Flame, there is a floor that can be collapsed by having the entire raid stand on it. This initiates the fight

-----

Conjunctions

In the fight, you will have the chance to execute scripted fellowship maneuvers which will weaken Draigoch. You do not get told what these are, and have to figure them out yourself (these are the same every run)

Scripted conjunstions occur every 5% of Draigoch's max health.

There are 12 conjunctions (in 3 sets of FOUR) which will weaken him, allowing you to kill him considerably faster:
  • The first set affects his limbs and increases the damage they take. (+100% melee, +50% ranged/tactical. 1 FM per limb)
  • The second set affects his body and increases the damage it takes. (+25% melee, +12.5% ranged/tactical for each FM)
  • The third set affects his body and deals damage directly to it. (5% of max health for each FM)
You cannot do any of the FMs in the second set until all 4 in the first set have been performed.
You cannot do any of the FMs in the third set until all 4 in the second set have been performed.

Tactics (Incomplete)

The Tank tanks Draigoch's head on the highest platform. Since the tank (and his healer) are the only ones who can see the head, they are the ONLY people who know what Draigoch will do next, from the visual clues.

Draigoch may for example set all tunnels on his left or right on fire. The Tank must therefore not only tell people to run, but WHO to run, and WHICH direction.

The rest of the raid will be hitting Draigoh's Claws (usually split up). Once the claws are weakened, Draigoch will fall off the wall to the floor, and the group will run down to fight on his treasure pile.

[Some Tactics go here]
It's rinse repeat - Fight on the wall (Head/Claws), knock him done and beat him up (Body), he jumps back on the wall...

Theres also some sort of "Cave-In" mechanic (a phase change) which isn't nice :P

Gorvadhros
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman

Post by Gorvadhros » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Balthelion wrote:MILD SPOILER WARNING
  • The first set affects his limbs and increases the damage they take. (+100% melee, +50% ranged/tactical. 1 FM per limb)
  • The second set affects his body and increases the damage it takes. (+25% melee, +12.5% ranged/tactical for each FM)
  • The third set affects his body and deals damage directly to it. (5% of max health for each FM)
You cannot do any of the FMs in the second set until all 4 in the first set have been performed.
You cannot do any of the FMs in the third set until all 4 in the second set have been performed.
How we will understand that we are doing the correct FM? Is there going to be a sign for it?
Dude, this raid is gonna be hard!

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Yes, there should be a visual (and probably audio) confirmation

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Added draft guide to original post - have a read of that if anything about tonights raid confused you :)

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:47 am

Turned draft guide into a proper site guide - Draigoch's Lair.

Grim
Captain General
Captain General

Post by Grim » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:06 pm

After tonights raid lots of new info to report!
There are 3 distinct phases to draigoch, first 2 only matter to the tank, third involves everyone. The differences lie in draigochs movement/positioning and firebreathing patterns.

Phase 1:
- Starts when chest is activated
- Draigoch hangs on the wall, tanking group start at the west platform by the treasure chest. Keep tanking until draigoch becomes unattackable, he will then move to the left or right. If he moves left he will breathe fire left to right and the group should run right to the next tanking platform and vice versa.
- Everytime he falls to floor, he will always move back to the west platform.

Phase 2:
- Starts at about 70% of Draigochs morale
- When draigoch becomes unattackable, he starts talking then backs off a bit and blows some gold coins your way that slow you down. Then he breaths fire either left to right or right to left. If he goes left to right, then hes going to move to the next platform on the right and vice versa (I THINK). The problem with this is if you wait til he starts breathing fire, youre going to take a lot of damage before you get out the fire - you need to start running as soon as he starts talking to avoid any damage but this obviously makes it pretty tough to tell which way hes going! If youre confident you can heal through it then you can wait til he starts breathing fire and just leg it through the flames (good time for cappy to use make haste) to make sure you get the right platform. If you dont draigoch causes a cave in and everyone dies! Alteratively you can bring up a second tank for phase 2 and split the group when he starts talking - one tank runs clockwise with the cappy, and the other runs anticlock with the healer. When one of the tanks has picked up draigoch the other can keep running round the circle and link up again ready for the next move. Note, do NOT turn around if draigoch doesnt come to you, or you run back into the flaming passageway and die! Also worth noting that the tanking platforms are always free of fire, so you can stand on them safely.
- Everytime he walls to floor, he will always move back to the west platform.

Phase 3:
- Starts at about 40% of Draigochs morale
- At the start of this phase, draigoch says something to the effect of 'Face me, you cowards' then sets EVERY corridor on fire, if you stay in them you WILL die. Get on to the pile of gold in the middle as fast as possible! There will be no rezs for you if you die in the tunnels. Note, at this point it becomes possible to jump over the edges of the tanking platforms, and presumably any other gaps in walls in lower corridors to get out faster. Not entirely sure of the details of this as we didnt last long into it, me and ufast duoed him for a couple of cycles but was busy mashing survival skills! But as far as I could tell - tank picks up head as usual and main groups kill paws as usual. At set time intervals he'll fly into the air, blow some gold your way to slow you, then breathe fire in front and below him - move to the sides to avoid this. He'll then turn 90 degrees (both times I saw him do it he moved anti clockwise but I make no promises! Main group just dps his limbs until he falls over, at this point I suggest EVERYONE moves away in case theres a risk of him crushing you! Rinse and repeat as usual.
Grimhelmd - 75 Guardian
Turrion - 75 Captain
Tergon - 75 Loremaster
Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:36 am

Draigoch will stay in one place about a minute. Be it on his belly on the pile or clinging on the wall. He'll change after a minute so if we're low on power and can take the last paw down easy, just go auto attack on it since there is a minute to use.

On the 2nd phase if the tank that didn't get the head where they ran to, should only run to the next platform of the tank that's currently tanking the head. That way on the next move, you'll be ready for the head and only the other tank (and their healer ofc) need to move.

2nd phase starts with "My breath is death and your lives are but a trifle in my presence."
The coin shower does 500-600ish dmg per second (I think it's per second as the other DoTs).

3rd phase starts with "Cowards, stand and fight me".
The paws are all there and should go down fast so RAT has an important role in this part. We'll see how the collapsing affects us but I'm hoping for only a punt upwards like when he stomps.

We got maybe 8-10 CJ's done with only one burg so good job CJ team for that. :)
Btw, HIPS and play dead type of skills are disabled in the instance so those can't be used to get any kind of an advantage.
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Gorvadhros
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman

Post by Gorvadhros » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:24 am

Last night we did 10 CJ's correctly and then we run into corridors and wiped... Two burgs would certainly make the life easier and the run quicker. After first four FM set, claws are getting down really fast! Same for the body after second four FM set. We could easily get 2 claws down in one sequence and brought to body to 40% quickly.
It seemed fairly easy to me if you know the mechanics of course, therefore I am sure that we are going to be able bring him down tonight.
Well, surprisingly we were quite organized last nite, there were no stupid deaths and no leeroys at all. FM's completed almost wonderfully.
Enjoyed a lot, learned too much... So I feel quite ready for another adventure!

Bullett
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman

Post by Bullett » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:31 am

i will be there :)

be good to have another burg as i couldn't keep up in the end we where taking down the paws that quickly that my F/M wasnt ready again to use on the body :(

5mins recovery
15 mins recovery on marbles

as for the Conjunctions i think we missed 2 all night out of loads :)