Ost Dunhoth (OD) - Disease & Posion Wing

Help & Advice for Raids
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Ost Dunhoth (OD) - Disease & Posion Wing

Post by Balthelion » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:33 pm

Post your tips and tricks or ask for help or advice here.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Re: Ost Dunhoth

Post by Balthelion » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Re: Ost Dunhoth

Post by Balthelion » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:11 am

Some points I managed to get out of some ego's re: Poison T2/HM
The designated punt-ee method that I helped develop is simply based on proper timing. Knowing that the boss can only do the catch skill once every 30 seconds, I just like to place all my players in a position to make him in-elligible for a Catch! attack save one person. Everyone still moves the entire fight, but not until after a Catch! attack is done. Then we have a 30 second free window to move around until he can do it again. That's the only purpose.

In addition there was this comment:

"Nowhere in that quote does it state that someone on a platform is immune<br>
to being targeted with the "catch" skill. On the contrary, it says that<br>
it's intended to force them to co-ordinate."
Just to be clear on this, JWB specifically changed the skill at the request of the players so that the boss could not target players on platforms as well. It was a well-discussed issue during the public testing of the OD instance.

I don't mean to push this too much - I agree with you in a lot of ways (the skill was not intended to be able to be negated simplely by boss/player placement) - but clearly it is a strategy that many kins have used successfully.
The rock throw mechanic is based on the two following mechanics. (Please note that for the following when I say members of the party this does not include people on platforms, as they are not taken into account by the boss)

A party member must be outside of the boss' melee range, and I use that term relatively loosely. I believe it's 10m but I'm not 100% sure.

If there is more than one party member outside the boss' melee range, he will target the throw at the person furthest away.

So effectively, there are two different 'general' strategies:

1. Always have at least one person at an extreme distance to the boss to constantly be targetted by the rock throw.

2. Have the entire party in melee range at all times. However what this does is subject the party to his 360 degree AOE.