Class: Rune-keeper

Guides & Contributions to guides being written, or that you would like to see
andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Re: Class: Rune-keeper

Post by andrac » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 pm

Cattiwen wrote: Improved Do Not Fall This Day
... A bag legacy exists to reduce the cooldown by up to 160 seconds.
check this catt
http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mark_of_the_West
look at the 3 pieces bonus
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:28 am

Yeah but at 65 it's not that useful, besides, this is an 85 healing guide mostly! =)
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:37 am

Cattiwen wrote:Yeah but at 65 it's not that useful, besides, this is an 85 healing guide mostly! =)
Could always use a swap in, cast, swap out tactic (like some other classes do). Although I can see that being possibly disruptive to your healing

Its also possible to have a 260 second cd (4 mins 20 sec) on DNFTD when factoring all the possible cd reductions (20% cd reduction from the prophetic word, 160 sec reduction from legacy, 60 sec reduction from set bonus), which has got to be amongst the fastest possible in combat rez cds in the game, and would be relatively easy to achieve

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:17 am

i grinded OD for 3 pieces Catti to have Call to greatness for entire fellowship. You just need to swap the pieces, apply the skill, swap the pieces again. What do you think i do every raid? :) Also same with the songbooks, i swap them everytime when i use Anthem of War and Anthem of Composture.
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:29 pm

It's just a shame that DNFTD is a proactive res. I don't like the idea of swapping in items mid combat, healing on the RK is all about building a rhythm, disrupting that rhythm can affect getting tiers going.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:40 pm

Cattiwen wrote:It's just a shame that DNFTD is a proactive res. I don't like the idea of swapping in items mid combat, healing on the RK is all about building a rhythm, disrupting that rhythm can affect getting tiers going.
CCatt, i do that all the time. Let me give you an example:
ballad ballad ballad - swap songbook, anthem of war - swap back songbook, do some heals, anthem is out of cooldown, swap back, use Anthem of Composture, swap back, continue healing. Put the pieces on your bars, you will loose like 2-3 seconds for swaping. I do that as well at the start of the fight, and is easy to swap the pieces before start of the pull, cast Call to greatness, swap back, continue healing. You will allways have dead time windows at one moment, and you need to choose the proper time to do it.
Dont want to teach you how to do it, only want to show you that i do that all the time. Also it may sound scary but is not, Writ have 0,8 sec induction and last 20 sec before downgrade from t3 to t2. My rotation is writ, mending, prelude, next toon. If nothing else happens and you only do your rotation, that mean 0,8+2sec+1sec ~ 4 sec/toon * 5 (because usually you will not cast mending on you) that mean 20 seconds. In this moment all the ppl should have t3 writ on them except first one who is downgraded to t2 and now you have 20 sec to refresh the writ on him. Time enought for swap the gear forth and back and compenstate with an Rousing words who will redo the tiers (if you want to be lazy) or if u want to keep the Rousing after one AoE damage, just do it manualy. Also remember, when you are on t3 on writs, refreshing them before the time is power costly, Writ is not an real heal and his power cost/heal is very expensive. I keep them in my rotation usualy in shorter fights but when we have an endurance fight, i will not.

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:47 pm

I swap between Writ of health and Prelude, then apply Rousing Words. Will spam Mending Verse around when needed. No need to do much else apart reacting to situations. Just keep the rotation going - I don't like the idea of interrupting it all by swapping around items for some small bonuses. I can see why some people might want to do it, however as a basic guide for healing, I wouldn't advise it.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:55 pm

well in my case my "small bonuses" are not really small. The increase of Anthem of war from a buffing soongbook is 10% melee damage and 5% ranged damage. The increase of Anthem of Composture is ~ 600 tactical mittigation (~2%) and ~ 600 resistance ~2%. And if we speak about Call to Greatness ... the bonuses are insane. But indeed, minstrel class have a lot to offer as buffing. RK have less options, but they have 2 powerful ones as well, You Shall Fall to our Wrath and Improved Our Fates Entwined.

Indeed, in RK case of Dnftd, the best places are long endurance fights, like Saruman, Helegrod or maybe Durchest, except that i dont find many uses of multiples incombat revives. Specially when you will need to stay alive so the revive will actually work. So from this point of view, may not be very useful. But keep in mind that my incombat rez is 10 min cd, and since i never raid with the trait sloted, my incombat rezz is 15 min. So you could rez 3 potential ppl and me only one.

Last thought, you seems very decided that you will not have time in your rotation to swap 3 pieces back and forth. I think you did not tryied until now and once you will start doing, you will realise how easy it is and you will adjust your rotation. Indeed, the diference between RK and minstrel is the reactive vs proactive. You realise that i could retrait full blue and dont use any of my buff skills, but that would only make my role smaller in combat. That is why we struggle so much to keep the buffs as well as the healing.
That is why i never slot That Which Does Not Kill Us on RK and i prefer to slot You Shall Fall to our Wrath for the 3% incoming critt (lightning attun) or if i keep Do not fall to flame, +5% incoming damage (imo the best option). Imo, the RK only have 2 really good buff skills (well 3, but the Improved Rune-Signs only use one toon so i am talking about full fellowship here) so why dont exploit their potential to full?
That Which Does Not Kill Us sound nice as buff skill but where you find the place and condition so that your party to not take damage for 20 sec so the 20% damage to really work? After the initial damage taken, the legendary skill will became an patetic heal who will raise the party morale with around 400-600 /2 sec/20 sec, heal who will barely fill some classes the morale pools and barely do something to the guardians. Did not checked the numbers lately, i had the feeling that the hot's are around 200-300 only but i may be mistake. Shame about this legendary skill which is obsolete if we check the Essay of Exaltation, an awesome skill. Remember, That Which Does Not Kill Us is not affected by tactical mastery, being fixed to an certain number, he cannot be higher or lower depending the RK's will/OGH.

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:28 am

andrac wrote:That Which Does Not Kill Us sound nice as buff skill but where you find the place and condition so that your party to not take damage for 20 sec so the 20% damage to really work? After the initial damage taken, the legendary skill will became an patetic heal who will raise the party morale with around 400-600 /2 sec/20 sec, heal who will barely fill some classes the morale pools and barely do something to the guardians. Did not checked the numbers lately, i had the feeling that the hot's are around 200-300 only but i may be mistake. Shame about this legendary skill which is obsolete if we check the Essay of Exaltation, an awesome skill. Remember, That Which Does Not Kill Us is not affected by tactical mastery, being fixed to an certain number, he cannot be higher or lower depending the RK's will/OGH.
I wouldn't necessarily call it a pathetic heal, the ability (at my level) to heal the whole FS for 5.5k damage over 20 secs is a pretty decent skill. Admittedly, the downside of the large CD is tough, however used in rotation with Essay of Exaltation it can certainly help alot. I really rely on buffing others to do damage rather than debuffing enemies.

It's definitely a case of each to their own though, I don't want to preach that everything must be done my way, but the healing ways I've explained are perhaps the simplest and the best way to start out.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Cattiwen wrote: I wouldn't necessarily call it a pathetic heal, the ability (at my level) to heal the whole FS for 5.5k damage over 20 secs is a pretty decent skill. Admittedly, the downside of the large CD is tough, however used in rotation with Essay of Exaltation it can certainly help alot. I really rely on buffing others to do damage rather than debuffing enemies.
well is not pathetic indeed, i think my issue is that i was expecting more from a legendary skill ...
Cattiwen wrote: It's definitely a case of each to their own though, I don't want to preach that everything must be done my way, but the healing ways I've explained are perhaps the simplest and the best way to start out.
yes, agree. At one moment each of us will start being more and more secure about playing a certain class and than we will start to do other things to improve his actions. But as a guide and start using RK as healer, what u have said is the proper stuff to do.

Later edit. I checked again today with more RK's, and indeed the heal value is only increased by the set bonuses and Benediction of Peace traits, not by OGH. Turbine really need to adjust this ...