Class: Rune-keeper

Guides & Contributions to guides being written, or that you would like to see
nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Re: Class: Rune-keeper

Post by nostborn » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:39 pm

I will update you once im back from work. Moat of this guide i tool from the old one and update to make relevant
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Arc

Post by Arc » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Regarding Epic for the Ages:
nostborn wrote:...This will also provide the Group with a heal the size dependant on the tier of Writ of Heal on the main target.
Tiny - but very important - edit! :)

I will also try and add some aspects on the fire aspect of the RK, later.
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

anguelion
Esquire
Esquire

Post by anguelion » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:40 am

Writ of ... Tier 3 ?
What is it needed to do to reach ? Use the Writ 3 times consecutively or what ?
We work for living but not live for working !

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Yes, use the writ three times on the same target before the debuff runs out. You can use traits that make it so a writ will tier down instead of expire when it ends. So If a tier 3 writ has a 15s duration, after 15s it will tier down to a two two writ instead of ending.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:37 pm

If I ever get some spare time (not playing and no kids around) I'm going to have a go at writing a healing guide as alot has changed. RK healing is pretty straightforward with a couple of quirks.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:41 pm

Cattiwen wrote:If I ever get some spare time (not playing and no kids around) I'm going to have a go at writing a healing guide as alot has changed. RK healing is pretty straightforward with a couple of quirks.
i am afraid that u will never have spare time ...
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:46 am

andrac wrote:
Cattiwen wrote:If I ever get some spare time (not playing and no kids around) I'm going to have a go at writing a healing guide as alot has changed. RK healing is pretty straightforward with a couple of quirks.
i am afraid that u will never have spare time ...
I'll make the spare time! Maybe when you guys are raiding ToO I'll log on and make a proper list of the skills, plus equipment and virtues used.
Last edited by Cattiwen on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:07 pm

we are posting here offtopic but to write my opinion about it ...
When healing traited, Calming Verse allows Mending Verse usable while moving with no induction. The buff is 10 sec. Even that u see that Mending Verse is instant, his animation is still 2 sec, exactly as he was before as induction. The only thing Calming verse is doing is that it cancel the induction, being able to cast it when moving. So u may think it will help casting Calming Verse for spike damage, but actually if u dont move, u dont gain nothing, u just have the feeling that u spam more quickly MV which is not true.
Basicaly, u are saying Catt that RK cannot keep the party for spike damage for long time, and saying that the minstrel have raw power of healing and being better as healers. IMO, not true. Our "raw power of healing" cost us too much power to actually work for longer fights. U know how raids i healed with my mini and i specially leveled an RK for healing to check the diference. I want to remind that i healed an Saruman with my RK back at 75 (not with 3 healers, with 2) and i had a lot of spike damage there. The worst part was when the ppl had the debuff and i had to fill them up 100%, that was an pain. I really sugest you to read the mini quide where i am working, u will learn some usefull stuff there. I will not teach you to play RK class since imo you did an very good job and i am really proud of your efforts to became an good healer. U need to realise that not all the time the healer is an god and can save the party. THat is depending of too many factors and maybe last night was not our best moment.

To conclude: even that i am not agree many times, there is an rule which everyone know it:

Tank die, healers fault. Healer die, tank faults. DPS die, their faults. Last night we lost the tanks many times, and that may be frustrating for all the ppl. I will never be able to acuse Bal of being non-diplomatic. He is just ... not the type. That is why there was no sarcasm there and no one was trying to teach others how to play their class ... Chin up, try again.
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:36 pm

Runekeeper Healing

Ok some of the useful stuff I wrote was removed so I'm going to attempt to remember what was said, as well as highlight all the skills necessary for healing - apologies Nost I might go over some old ground (and bear with me, I'm writing this with 2 children wreaking havoc!).

As has been mentioned elsewhere, Runekeeper healing relies mostly upon HoTs (heals over time). This is both an advantage and disadvantage, the advantage being that characters will continually benefit from healing even when not receiving direct healing from the Runekeeper. The disadvantage is that large spike damage takes a while to heal from HoTs.

Each healing skill a Runekeeper uses attunes a certain amount of healing attunement. Many skills benefit from having increased healing attunement. Scholars can craft enamels that shift attunements 3 steps, very useful for getting the attunement up quickly at the start of a fight.

My current Runekeeper stats for reference are:
Will 2364
My outgoing healing is 48.6% (29.9k tactical mastery).

There are three main HoTs I find myself using whilst healing (bear in mind this guide will be aimed at end game healing).

Improved Prelude to Hope
The longest HoT the Runekeeper has, benefits from +2% healing per healing attunement. Increased ticks for Prelude are available via a Legendary legacy on bags. I generally don't tend to max this as I find myself replenishing prelude before the timer runs out. One main reason for this is that if a character has Writ of Health on them, there is also some power return. It's not a huge amount but power burners will appreciate it. (My base heal, 132-188 Morale per tick and 82-117 Power)

Writ of Health
A HoT that last for 20 seconds healing every 4 seconds. The healing tiers up to 3 tiers, meaning that if you apply the skill before it runs out, a greater heal is applied (+20% per tier). There is a bag legacy that increases the healing of Writ of Health by up to 10%. There is a blue line trait, Writ of Well-being, that means that rather than having the effect removed after 10 seconds, instead the tier of the Writ of Health decreases, i.e. 3 to 2 to 1 before it is removed. This is a great heal and as mentioned, when coupled with Improved Prelude to Hope it offers a small power return. (302-431 base heal)

Improved Rousing Words
A HoT that affects the whole fellowship. I use this whenever it is available, as well as providing a HoT it also attunes more than a single use skill, however it does require you to channel, meaning that being hit will reduce the amount of time you can channel for (6.5s initially). One big advantage is that if you channel it for at least 5 seconds, 1 tier of Writ of Health is applied, this helps in maintaining tier 3 Writ of Health on the whole Fellowship. (203-290 base heal)

These are the three main skills I use - there are also some supplement skills I use when I can.

Improved Rune of Restoration
This places a stone on the floor that provides a small morale and power return over time. It's not huge but any healing and power return is welcome! The stone has its own morale and as such it can be destroyed, watch for the icons disappearing showing you're buffed and drop another stone when you can. Benefits from the blue trait Rune of Endurance, meaning your stone has 30% more health (I'll mention Rune of Endurance's other benefit under traits). (72 health per tick)

More to come, smells like I have a nappy to change (not mine! ;))

Mending Verse
This HoT goes for 5 ticks (7 with 3 blues traited) with a reasonable heal. The good thing is, it stacks with itself, the induction is 2 seconds and the heal lasts for 10 secs, however don't expect to get five in, with animations you'll get 2 or 3 stacking in 10 seconds (maybe 4 with 3 blues traited). Never fear though, along comes Calming Verse! With 4 blue skills traited, when you hit Calming Verse, Mending Verse casts instantly, meaning you can spam the skill for 10 secs. With Memorable Prose traited, this also gives +Physical and Tactical Mastery (515 on my build, I think this is constant). This is great for healing spike damage if Calming Verse is off its cooldown (I have yet to check if the mastery stacks). (605-864 initial heal, 231-330 per tick)

Improved Rune-Signs
These rune-signs change with elemental attunement (i.e. cast an offensive spell of the correct element to change it). It's a 5 tick HoT with one large added benefit:
Flame - Increases Finesse, -5% miss chance
Storm - Increases crit, +4% critical damage
Winter - Increase tactical and physical mastery (around 2500), +3% damage
I tend to use this on dps classes if things are going well, however if a tank needs stacked heals I will place it on them. (174-248 initially, 109-156 ticks).

Those are the other basic HoTs available, now onto the larger skills.

Essay of Exaltation
A real emergency skill, gives a morale bubble (5192 morale) to the whole fellowship that lasts for 4 seconds and in the meantime also does a reasonably large 5 tick heal lasting for 10 secs (386 morale per tick). Cooldown is 5 minutes however so be careful when it's used. When traited with Author of Exaltation it prevents critical hits and also lasts 5 seconds longer. There is a minor legacy trait for bags that reduces the cooldown of Essay of Exaltation, however even at rank 9 it only gives 30 secs off.

That Which Does Not Kill Us
Needs the legendary trait of the same name. Provides +20% damage for every member of the Fellowship until they are attacked. It then negates 100% of the first damage they take and applies a large heal (565 morale for 10 ticks over 20 seconds). Another panic button skill, but once again has a long cooldown (5 mins).

Epic for the Ages
The largest heal bar none, this is the skill you should be directing at those at or under 50% morale. This hits for 3373-4818 for me, however beware - it has a 2.5s induction time, take this into account when you're going to pop it. Also be aware that because of the induction, the person who was low on health may have self healed or been healed by another, cancel the induction if necessary. However the good thing is it only has a 15 second cooldown.

And now some of the buffs.

Glorious Foreshadowing
Provides a +25% incoming healing modifier to a character. However with Wonderous Foreshadowing legendary traited, this skill improves massively. The incoming healing modifier increases to 50% and the character has damage reduced by 40%. It has a relatively long cooldown (1 minute) however is great for reducing large spike damage (think T2 Lightning boss in Tower of Orthanc). I use it mainly on tanks who are taking large spikes, it can also help rescuing people who have taken aggro for example, but giving that little bit of extra time to heal them, especially if a bubble wasn't available. Wonderous needs 5 blue skills to be traited, but in turn also returns +5% healing. Base duration is 8 seconds, however there is a rune-stone legendary legacy that can increase that up by 9 seconds.

Improved Our Fates Entwined
This skill should be activated as soon as it's available (6 attunement), it reduces all Fellowship incoming damage by 10%. It costs power and morale over time, however the amount is small () and you'll usually find power and morale regen from other sources (stone, cappies, LMs etc) means you won't notice it.

Word of Exaltation
Like Essay of Exaltation, Word of Exaltation provides a morale bubble, however it is only single target. Base duration is 4 seconds, but this can be increased by two seconds for every Writ of Health (so important to keep the Writ up on all characters). Also is also increased by 5 seconds by traiting Author of Exaltation. Cooldown is 1m 30s but can be reduced by a bag legacy. Bear in mind when using this, although it's an "instant" skill, there's a short animation induction so it can be up to a second before it's applied. This is important as you'll probably be using it in an emergency!

Improved Do Not Fall This Day
The Runekeeper's only in combat res, I say in combat res, however it has to be applied proactively, i.e. before the person dies. Now who to put it on is a matter of opinion and situation. Some fights require tanks to be up at all times, so the tank might be the best bet, however you might also want to place it on the other healer (as without a healer some fights won't succeed). Other fights might require dps, which implies that a dps class might take aggro, therefore placing it on the dps class on the off chance they'll get hit hard and die is also a good choice. Bear in mind, if you die before they do, the res won't apply. Also bear in mind the 10 minute cooldown, this is best used in those long, important fights. A bag legacy exists to reduce the cooldown by up to 160 seconds.

To be continued...

Traits

Memorable Prose
Mending Verse will increase Physical and Tactical Mastery of its target for 15 seconds and has it's Power Cost reduced by 5%.
-10% Mending Verse Power Cost
Increased target Physical and Tactical Mastery (515 both in my case)

Writ of Well-being
Writ of Health will now tier down instead of dispelling when its duration ends. Cooldown is also decreased.
-2 Writ of Health Cooldown

Author of Exaltation
Word of Exaltation grants immunity to critical hits and lasts for 5 more seconds.
Critical Hit Immunity
+5 Word of Exaltation Duration

Fellowships Narrative
Epic for the Ages will also heal your whole fellowship for a lesser amount.
This healing will increase by 10% for every tier of Writ of Health on the main target on Epic for the Ages.

Rune of Endurance
Allies being healed by Rune of Restoration gain 30% more healing from your Rousing Words.
Rune of Restoration also gains 30% more health.

The Prophetic Word
All Visions and Foretelling skills recover 20% faster
+25% Revive Morale Total
+25% Revive Power Total

Linnod of Peace
+5% Incoming Healing Modifier
+5% Evade Chance
+10% in-Combat Morale Regen

Master of Allusion
Each use of a Words of Grace skill puts a stack of Master of Allusion on you. At 5 stacks, you next writ is instant cast and costs no power.

Set bonuses as follows:
2 Equipped:
Rune of Restoration useable at all Attunements and heals 20% more
3 Equipped:
-10% Threat Generation
+2 Mending Verse Pulse Count
4 Equipped:
Their Weapons Shall Not Harm Us protects from Fear and Disease as well
Calming Verse makes Mending Verse instant
+3% healing and frost damage for each Benedictions of Peace trait equipped

Always trait 7 blue traits, as it shows above there is +3% healing for each blue trait slotted. Which one you leave out is up to you, however I tend to leave out The Prophetic Word as more often than not the in combat res doesn't get used, and normal resses will be out of combat. The only skill this will really affect is Do Not Fall To (Storm/Flame/Winter) in terms of cooldown time.

Legendary Traits
This one is easy, there are only really 3 legendary traits you should be slotting.
Martial Training (trait this whatever your Runekeeper is doing!)
That Which Does Not Kill Us - enables the skill of the same name
Wondrous Foreshadowing - Turns Glorious Foreshadowing into Wondrous

Virtues
The first two virtues are straightforward:
Wisdom - +48 Will, +64.8 ICPR and +828 Resistance Rating at rank 16.
Zeal - +440 Maximum Morale, +518.4 Physical Mitigation, +240 Armour Value at rank 16.

The rest will be down to personal choice, but I'd go for:
Fidelity - +24 Vitality, +648.0 Tactical Mitigation, +48 Maximum Power at rank 16
Innocence - +864.0 Physical Mitigation, +1379.0 Resistance Rating, +216.0 Tactical Mitigation at rank 16

Then depending on your situation:
Loyalty - 240 Armour, +48 Vitality, +95 Maximum Power at rank 16
Patience - +288.0 Physical Mitigation, +1379.0 Resistance Rating, +86.4 in-Combat Power Regeneration at rank 16
Confidence - +24 Will, +2760.0 Resistance Rating, +43.2 in-Combat Power Regeneration at rank 16
Last edited by Cattiwen on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Still to do:

Finish skills