Class: Rune-keeper

Guides & Contributions to guides being written, or that you would like to see
Egelinath
Hard Boiled
Hard Boiled

Re: Class: Rune-keeper

Post by Egelinath » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Hardric wrote:Suicide champ signing up :)

H
Good grief, do I have to lvl an RK over here as well? (11 65s does sund enticing ;) )

anguelion
Esquire
Esquire

Post by anguelion » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:12 am

Hello,
When I made a Rune Keeper I thought that this is a powerfull DPS.
But I found that's not the case or maybe I can't play that character. I level it very hard and very slow. Now this characer is level 51 and it kill mobs slowly than my Warden and as slow as my Captain.
If you thing this is my mistake, plz give me usefull ideas for my RK. :twisted:
We work for living but not live for working !

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:30 am

are you using lightning traits and do you have an up to date legendary stone? The RK massive dps comes from critical hits and devistating attacks, which i would say means focus mainly on your fate and vit while leveling until you start to have power issues then add some will.

Idealy by lvl 65 you should have fate and will capped (or around 600 for group work) this will give you impressive crits, eg. i have had about a 6 - 7k hit. Remember this is also a very patient class as when traiting lightning for the massive hits you need to keep an eye on the buffs you get from your traits (thunderous words and harsh debate and tale of storm) these will ALL help your damage output.

When leveling stay away from fire, makes you immobile and you wont see the effects straight away as most of the big damage comes from DoT.

If you need anymore help with your RK i will be online about 8pm uk time tonight and i can offer more advice if needed, also make sure you have a half decent chisel
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

anguelion
Esquire
Esquire

Post by anguelion » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:24 pm

Thanks for the advices but the meeting for more advices will be for another day.
And sometimes I will ask several times = English is away to be my first language :oops: !

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Can speak French and Russian fluently so if either of those is better, please ask...
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:35 pm

dont be afraid to ask even if your english isnt very good, you type (and probably speak) better english than i could type or speak any other language.

And as aed says someone will be able to translate if needed.

And to be honest i should probably finish this guide, need to do skill options and update the role in raids bit

anguelion
Esquire
Esquire

Post by anguelion » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Aed,
I really wonder where are you from. I don't thing a lot of people can use these three languages - English, Russian and French fluently !!!

hereszy
Footman
Footman

Post by hereszy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:46 am

very good explanation of what a healer rk stone and satchel should look like (prety much how i imagined it) even tho i try to avoid being the healer of the party as much as i can :D

So... as a dps rk there is alot to choose from and cant quite put my finger on the best combo.
while in party fire-combinations deal a huge amount of dmg over time while (good in boss fights) it still keeps ya immobile
i havent yet seen alot of lightning legacies either.

so at this point the best legacies i can think of are : battle attunement cost and self-regeneration power thingy. apart from that its a semi random-wild guess on what should/would be the best :) for my rune/satchel.

not sure if a 65 2nd age wep can hold 4 major and 3 minors but this is what ive thought of:

runestone:
Battle Attuned Skill Power Cost -- Major
Fire Skill Damage -- Major
Wrath of Flame Damage Over Time -- Major
Fury of Storm Damage -- Major

Penetrate Target Resist -- Minor
Fury of Storm Critical Multiplier -- Minor
Legacy of Fate -- Minor

satchel:
Self Motivation Power Return -- Major
Scribe's Spark Damage -- Major
Writ of Fire Damage -- Major
Shocking Words Stun Chance -- Major

Ceaseless Argument Power Cost -- Minor
Target Shocking Touch Resist Rating -- Minor
Legacy of Will -- Minor

thats what ive come up with :)
Toons: Hereszy 65 Elf Runekeeper SM Scholar

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:50 am

anguelion wrote:Aed,
I really wonder where are you from. I don't thing a lot of people can use these three languages - English, Russian and French fluently !!!
I am English, with a Russian mother, and lived in France briefly. I have a languages degree and was a technical translator for a while.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:09 pm

Only Legacy i wouldnt take on that DPS Satchel is the Shocking Touch Resist. Mainly due to there being little need for it or even need to trait for it unless being in a slight CC role.

I will add those that i have/going for when i get back from work, i will also post a screenshot of my stats as well.