Class: Warden

Guides & Contributions to guides being written, or that you would like to see
Aedfrith

Re: Class: Warden

Post by Aedfrith » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:09 pm

And I am now level 65.

I've managed to get a decent 65 2A spear fairly quickly (thanks Gorv), and some other good kit thanks to my other self (Aed) and Dan, but now at 65 the power issues are getting silly. I've been equipping some ICPR gear like the Aureate Band of Morale. I've also been prioritising -power and +threat legacies.

Hints anyone? Should I prioritise ICPR in my runes? Is the ICPR leg only in Conservation? If so, shame, 'cos Recklessness is great (I have a leg that gives me a total attack duration reduction of -20%).
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:04 pm

ICPR leg is only conservation. WotW has all stances without legacy bonuses in it, if that's what you were thinking of.
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Also the legacies for boosting ic-pr do not apply to WotW, unless its changed in a recent update.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:43 pm

Balthelion wrote:Also the legacies for boosting ic-pr do not apply to WotW
Exactly what I ment, sorry if it wasn't clear enough. And no, there hasn't been such update. For that reason I sometimes don't go WotW if I don't really need the ICMR.

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Wed May 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Update 7 Warden Traits

Slowly getting the hang of this - still need to get Stangard kin, though managed to get LG kin thanks to rep accelerators.
Because my warden is soloing a lot, I've got a "rainbow" trait set - 2 red, 3 blue, 2 yellow.

When and if I pluck up the courage to tank, which I'm feeling a bit better about since duoing LG dailies with Elrindo and keeping aggro successfully even on 2 70k mobs one of which got pulled by mistake, which setup should I go?

5 blue + yellow masteries + red masteries, or 5 blue + 2 yellow, or something else?

I've got so used to having all 3 sets of masteries that I don't want to unslot them. I also have quite a good incoming healing rating.

Blues: Perseverance, Never Say Die, Skilful Blocking, Ward of Justice OR Wary Blocks?
Spare yellow: Terrible Visage?
Legendaries: JODF, GMWT, WotW/WotF/WotS?
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Wed May 30, 2012 4:00 pm

U6 u mean? :) Anyway, what I run with is 5b/1/1. I use this for soloing and tanking anything.. LG huorns are doable while in reck because the heals tick for so long. :) I like to have both blocks and parries give me morale/power so I go with both those traits. The mastery traits no longer matter that much because they only enable u to get some minor (but very nice) additional buffs from masteries too, not just regular builders. I think I could actually try out a 4/2/1 or 4/3 setup, now that I think about it. :) Mostly used builders AND masteries for me are the fist ones, I guess..

master of the shield
skillful blocking
never say die
ward of justice
perseverance
terrible visage (not a must but I strongly recommend for increased aggro)
a keen response (procs!)

DC, JoDF and shield capstone for tanking (spear for dps). I'd maybe change JoDF to GMWT and think about DC for dps'ing. WotW is an option too. Only good if u know there's gonna be a fight long enough to actually matter as a stance. I'd only use it while dps'ing tho, because of higher icpr than in reck and it has no bpe.

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Wed May 30, 2012 5:08 pm

pff, i dont understand nothing in this topic ...
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Arc

Post by Arc » Thu May 31, 2012 5:24 pm

I agree with pretty much everything Neth said.
For tanking, most (if not all?) Wardens I've seen run with a baseline of 'Terrible Visage' (yellow) + 5 blue + 'Way of the Shield' legendary capstone. The 7th class trait is either 'A Keen Response' (red) or another yellow.
Due to personal preference you'll see some (small) variation in which 5 blues are chosen - and the 7th yellow, where applicable. But that is pretty much the most efficient (I will NOT use the word 'best'!) way to go.
My own setup looks like:
A Keen Response
Terrible Visage
Never Say Die
Perseverance
Skillful Blocking
Ward of Justice
Wary Blocks

As you can see, unlike Neth I've gone for Wary Blocks instead of Master of the Shield. MotS does have some nice (albeit small and not hugely important) bonuses, but mostly you'll find that - in those longer fights where the partial B/P/E bonuses from mastieries would make any difference at all - you will be having those buffs at max tier anyway, since the masteries have such a long cooldown that you'll use basic builders frequently. With each 'Mastery' trait you'll get those buffs to max tier faster, but you shouldn't need that gain. :)
Wary Blocks, on the other hand, will increase the duration by 10 seconds on buffs from quite a lot of gambits: Defensive Strike, Persevere, Safeguard and Celebration of Skill. It USED to increase the duration on Dance of War as well, but apparently they've 'fixed' (read: nerfed) that now. With the mechanics of the 'new Warden' - that you get a bonus from first applying a shorter gambit and then a longer one of the same chain on top of that - and lag issues such as freezing spikes, skill lag, button presses executing in the wrong order etc (all of which will mess up that gambit and force you to clear it and start over, but now with cooldowns!), will likely serve to be a better gain than MotS. That's pretty much what prompted my decision, in any case. :)

Update 6 also introduced some other quirks regarding aggro, such as War Cry becoming almost useless. In adapting to this, Goad came back on the table - for quick/initial AoE aggro (as well as triggering Potency). So Goad -> EoB -> EoB (BM) was the way to start fights. Hence the choice of slotting 'Ward of Justice' for extra targets. However, where we are now - post U7 - War Cry is strengthened again and Goad is weak, so in the current state of the game it might be a good idea to switch 'Ward of Justice' -> 'Master of the Shield' - or even 'Efficient Shieldwork' for power conservation. :)

As far as legendary traits go, I agree with Neth: Shield capstone, JoDF and Disco Craziness. :D
Swap JoDF -> GMWT if you're going to solo, and change to Spear capstone if you go full red for maximum DPS (e.g. in Draigoch). For DPS, JoDF or WotW might be better than DC as well...
Personally, I never use WotW any more (since the U6 changes).

Anyway, I hope this helps you in your endeavours. :)
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:54 pm

i wonder why we dont have an fully comprehensive quide on this one since we have couple of masters around ...
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:13 am

Same reason I haven't written one on burgs: Turbine plan to break... er, I mean update... the class later this year. :roll:
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker