Class: Warden

Guides & Contributions to guides being written, or that you would like to see
Arc

Re: Class: Warden

Post by Arc » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Well Andy, I think it's mostly because the Warden is such a complex, intricate and versatile class, that it would be very difficult - if not near-impossible - to write a full and comprehensive guide for it, imo. To be honest, I wouldn't even know where to start, really. :P

Or, to put it another way:
A guide on how to play a Warden could be written in 5-10 lines, or it could be hundreds of pages long. Trying to make it somewhere in-between is very difficult. :)

Also, Bal touched upon another important aspect; whilst all classes undergo revision and some changes from time to time, none of them do so more often - and more EXTREMELY - than the Warden. This class is being ripped a part and totally remade into something else entirely (so that you basically have to re-learn it from scratch again), every time they make some 'change'/revision on it. What was true yesterday may not work at all tomorrow, so to speak. :shock:
The most recent (obvious) example would be their sudden decision to switch the primary stat of the class from Might to Agility, and thereby changing the main Avoidance as well, and all the gear, the choices/decisions in picking/looking for gear, and so on...
And with the alluded massive class changes coming fairly soon... well... Bal is spot on; who knows what will happen and what it will look like? What should be put into a guide? Etc. :?

In any case, I suggest the following:
If you have questions, or there is anything you're wondering about or would like to know, then please just ask and we will help you as best we can! :D
Because, to be completely honest, when it comes to the Warden class it's much, much easier to provide a response and advice to a specific topic, rather than to try and cover every single aspect all at once. :P

So... what would you like to know? ;)
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:01 pm

I just found out the class is changing again. It's only good I haven't written a guide on it. :D

Arc is spot on. The versatility makes room for so much. I could write a page about key mappings easily and that's not even about game play...
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:53 pm

I could write a massively detailed guide on warden tanking.

The sections on melee dps ("Gambits do more bleeds") and ranged DPS ("Wall of steel does a ranged threat debuff / attacks become ranged") would however be rather short :mrgreen:
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:01 am

There's an extremely worrying rumour (I hope it's not a troll) that warden gambits are being removed...

o_O

:o
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:07 am

Aedfrith wrote:There's an extremely worrying rumour (I hope it's not a troll) that warden gambits are being removed...

o_O

:o
No
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Grim
Captain General
Captain General

Post by Grim » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:25 pm