It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Class: Hunter
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:11 am 

There are thoughts on the hunter forums that 5 Faron *still* provides more DPS than any of the Hytbold sets. Due to the agi and crit penalties imposed by continuing to wear it, I don't think it does but haven't measured this objectively.

A build I am trying out is 5 Huntsman + Horse-Lords (when I can get or afford it), for -10% inductions. Till then I'm running 4 Huntsman + 2 Bowmaster for the stats. The main point I'd like to make is that I've dropped Improved Fleetness for 4b/3r (in precision ofc). This feels pretty much as fast as a Fleetness build, and +3% damage from 3r offsets the extra pewpew speed that Fleetness gives you. Pop (basic) Fleetness when you need to run around so it's not about staying still, either. It's also a bit kinder to your power, allows the red -induction trait and frees up a legendary trait slot which I'm using for Bow of the Righteous to stop the power crashes (so Press Onward, Bard's, Bow of the Righteous).

In other words, Faron + Imp Fleet go together like peas in a pod. But if you lose one I think you can lose the other.

Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:27 pm 

I was thinking 3 blue and 3 red of Hytbold. -10% inductions and +5% crit. multip.
Iirc there would be some changes to precision stance with update 9.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:38 pm 

3b/3r is an alternative I've tried but the raw stat and crit (or damage) bonuses from 4/2 outweigh the advantages of 3/3 IMO.

Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:11 pm 

388 phys mast and 38 agi is the 4 set bonus for Hytbold.
38 agi = 380 pmr for hunter if this still apply (http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Agility#Agility). So total bonus for PMR is 768, not too shabby.
Using same page crit rating would increase by 76 points, feels rather meeh. And 2-set bonus with red is +388 crit rating which blue don't have.
So, going 3/3 you get -768 PMR but +312 crit rating.

According to the spreadsheet atleast. Can't see in-game stats.
Think I will manage to sneak around the loss of PMR with reduced inductions and crit multiplier. But it all comes down to preference I think.

The 4b/3r in traits I like. Give speed and damage increase.
My favourites
Blue - Deadly precision, Swift Recovery, Strong Draw, Deep Concentration
Red - Swift and True, Fast Draw, True Shot
Legendary - Press Onward, Rain of Thorns, Bow of the Righteous or Bard's Arrow

On occasions 4b/2r/1y is one I like too, especially in long fights. Yellow being "Heightened Senses". Fast Draw is the red that often is replaced.
Yes, some loss in dps but a hunter with zero power don't do a lot of damage either.
With Heightened Sense and Bow of Righteous I think quick shot comes down to around 11 power/shot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:38 pm 
The Almighty
The Almighty

It's actually less than 76 crit, as 1 agi/fate is about 1.75 Crit rating.

768 PMR probably isn't a lot % wise at the high end of the scale we're expected to be at. The Crit multiplier makes more sense for a dmg increase.

SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:21 pm 

Balthelion wrote:
It's actually less than 76 crit, as 1 agi/fate is about 1.75 Crit rating.

768 PMR probably isn't a lot % wise at the high end of the scale we're expected to be at. The Crit multiplier makes more sense for a dmg increase.

Exactly. My basic PMR is probably quite low comparatively speaking - possibly lower than one would expect from a hunter with 2750 agi - but my crit is capped when cappy-buffed, I have two devcrit relics and I use a *lot* of Blood Arrows.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:58 pm 
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

My PMR is about 34500 and I can cap crit when buffed. I went for +5% crit multiplier on Hytbold set. Still think improved fleetness is the best due to increased attack speed and focus generation. Only real way is to test dps on a dummy. Still, it's not all about the stats =)

Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:16 pm 

Cordovan replied to my email below with "Thanks, good info." At least they're listening...

================================

Regarding your last blue post [ed. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread ... ost7657572], I raid on both hunter and RK - or used to, till the utility of the RK transcended hunter, a process that started with the idiotic decision by your predecessors to implement trait trees.

It's a general principle that any decently geared and traited character of any class will faceroll landscape content. I have 11 105s, 4 of them t2 ready, and even my ###### Beorning laughs in the face of on-level orc camps.

There are indeed principal raid specific issues tied to t2 content, which are:

* Partial BPE: mobs' Block, Parry and Evade, and consequently their partials, are much higher which is a general nerf to physical classes. Tacticals don't need to worry about this; in fact, it reduces their need to stack finesse.
* Avoidances and self-heals: Press Onward is pathetic, while Self Motivation is both material and on half the cooldown, AND can be used on the move. Furthermore, RK mitigations are only a couple of % lower than a hunter's 50% if traited right.
* Sustained DPS: any DOT class built properly will have a massive advantage in a long fight. T2 fights are longer. QED.
* Ability to save the rest of the group in a crisis: Hunters simply can't do this. RKs have 2 pre-rezzes and some emergency heals; heck, even my pyro fire runie traits Mending Verse and has Epic for the Ages'd a struggling minstrel to save the day.
* Status removal: on landscape, hunters don't have to worry about this; even when disarmed they keep on fighting with their bows. But when PDFW removal becomes a mechanic, and the only thing they can remove is poison...

I'd be happy to suggest some improvements to the dev team on a personal basis - countertenor at gmail dot com - but the thing is, the hunter forum has been doing this for years.

Until hunters are legitimately competitive again, the class that used to be my main will be parked on the shelf.
Thanks, good info.

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2