Cordovan replied to my email below with "Thanks, good info." At least they're listening...
Regarding your last blue post [ed. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread ... ost7657572
], I raid on both hunter and RK - or used to, till the utility of the RK transcended hunter, a process that started with the idiotic decision by your predecessors to implement trait trees.
It's a general principle that any decently geared and traited character of any class will faceroll landscape content. I have 11 105s, 4 of them t2 ready, and even my ###### Beorning laughs in the face of on-level orc camps.
There are indeed principal raid specific issues tied to t2 content, which are:
* Partial BPE: mobs' Block, Parry and Evade, and consequently their partials, are much higher which is a general nerf to physical classes. Tacticals don't need to worry about this; in fact, it reduces their need to stack finesse.
* Avoidances and self-heals: Press Onward is pathetic, while Self Motivation is both material and on half the cooldown, AND can be used on the move. Furthermore, RK mitigations are only a couple of % lower than a hunter's 50% if traited right.
* Sustained DPS: any DOT class built properly will have a massive advantage in a long fight. T2 fights are longer. QED.
* Ability to save the rest of the group in a crisis: Hunters simply can't do this. RKs have 2 pre-rezzes and some emergency heals; heck, even my pyro fire runie traits Mending Verse and has Epic for the Ages'd a struggling minstrel to save the day.
* Status removal: on landscape, hunters don't have to worry about this; even when disarmed they keep on fighting with their bows. But when PDFW removal becomes a mechanic, and the only thing they can remove is poison...
I'd be happy to suggest some improvements to the dev team on a personal basis - countertenor at gmail dot com - but the thing is, the hunter forum has been doing this for years.
Until hunters are legitimately competitive again, the class that used to be my main will be parked on the shelf.
Thanks, good info.