Recruitment

Important messages from your Leader!
haemnon
Ranger
Ranger

Recruitment

Post by haemnon » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:06 am

After discussion its been decided that another recruitment drive is needed. We seem to be increasingly lacking lower level characters actively online and this is problematic.

I have noticed some kin members reporting "lf kinship" ads in global lff and other channels to officers and this is great and what we require more of,aswell as ....
*Officers- actively recruit,if you find yourselves standing around in Galtrev or some other hub throw out a recruitment ad every now and again.You could also do so in your travels when on alts or deeding or just if your bored,Ride/port from Hub to Hub and advertise our presence via the recruitment message.
*Officers- If you see people looking for kins respond immediately! wherever possible. Also if grouping with someone who is not part of a kin, throw a few sly hints in here and there that this is the place to be. ;)

*Kin members -Although you cannot directly recruit to the Kin, we would ask that you wherever possible advertise us to those you group with if they do not belong to a kin.
*As already said refer any interest to officers or give the names of officers online to those with interest. I myself would never object to someone asking me questions. (however in certain situations where we are busy{raids ect} leave the name with us and we will follow it up later) :)

Now i know its a pain to do this, but at the end of the day the more people we have the more grouping you can do and the more content you can experience. So its a win win for everyone in the long run.
Thanks in advance for your effort on this matter.
Haem

P.S. I keep losing track of our new recruitment message and i am hoping Balth will post it shortly for officers to copy and use :D
Silenttkiller-85 burg/Golodiran- 75 RK/ Haemnon-85 Champ / mini-borserk-75/Wiiman-65 Guardian/Hunter-60/warden-60/cappy-54/LM-25

Madrin
Questionable Morals
Questionable Morals

Re: Recruitment

Post by Madrin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:36 am

Perhaps its high time i come back to do what im great at!
So, how many we want? Another 100? 200? 500? :)
At your service, and your family's!

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:33 am

It's one thing to recruit but another to retain. There's nothing worse than being welcomed into a kin then being treated as if you're not in one. I know everyone wants the best kit, but we need to start running with lower level stuff, perhaps one officer can be in charge of doing this (it will undoubtedly clash with Orthanc or Draigoch but that's a sacrifice to involve lower levels).

On my part if anyone wants to do GA let me know, my 33 RK needs it!
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:05 pm

Cattiwen wrote:It's one thing to recruit but another to retain. There's nothing worse than being welcomed into a kin then being treated as if you're not in one. I know everyone wants the best kit, but we need to start running with lower level stuff, perhaps one officer can be in charge of doing this (it will undoubtedly clash with Orthanc or Draigoch but that's a sacrifice to involve lower levels).

Offtopic
On my part if anyone wants to do GA let me know, my 33 RK needs it!
Now that one officer to start running lower content ... i dont know, since low content is not such big issue, he is just being avoid because ppl just jump over the low content in the rush to level 75. On the other hand my 33 RK also need those Catti :) so we just need to find a tank. U prefer to heal? or i will do?

Ontopic, will pay attention on the subject.
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Offtopic: I have a 33 cappy. Been mostly support healing and don't have all the nice tanky traits completed yet. Tho, we could make a new thread for GB/GA etc runs.

On topic: I know I'm a bad member in this sense because I run with no kin names or other stuff visible. I only see the actual first names of chars.
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Hardist
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Post by Hardist » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:58 pm

I wouldn't mind recruiting people into the kin, or at least advertise for it and see if someone is interested. But you are right, it's easy to advertise, recruit some people, but to retain them is the hard part. I experienced that with my own kin I had on Whitywindle. The thing was, I wasn't level 65 back then and I was helping EVERYONE who was asking for help. If it was to make a weapon for them, do a quest with them or an instance. I helped everyone, and I had a really great kin, a lot of people entered in it but only a few left it. But I also was online ALL DAY since I did not have a job so it was easier to help people all the time. I ended up merging with another kin since I did only have 3 level 65's in the kin when I hit 65 myself and I wanted to do end-game stuff.

Anyways, what I am offering is, me and Venillious can arrange lower level stuff for people, maybe not daily, but a few times per week we would be able to do it. We have some alts ourselfs who can help out (Guardian and Minstrel if we are lacking them) but mainly we can run any content duo around level 60 and lower, so we can easily pull people through it. And I know that's not the case, "power levelling" people, but we can help them, explain things, and ofcourse arrange the things and fill it up with PUGs if necessary. I used to drag a lot of my kins people through the Great Barrows when I was 65 back then.

Thing is, people join for a reason. If you advertise that you are doing lower level content, DO IT. There is nothing more frustrating than a kin promising things but then ending up NOT doing what they promised. People will see another advertising message from another kin and they will join that kin, or they will stay but they will start to wonder, if things in this kin do not improve, I will join this or that kin. When me and Venillious see anyone online in the kin in need of help, we help them almost everyime if we aren't busy at that time. And I personally would love to do older content for lower levels, GB, GA, Annuminas, Moria instances, anything really. There are some things I am not too familiar with yet, which are the Helegrod ones, never really did them, only for the marks back then so we didn't really do the content. I do know the giants one though, did it twice so I know how it should be done a bit :P

I know me and Venillious aren't officers but if there is nobody really willing to dedicate his/her time to the lower levels, we would be willing to do it, we would actually love to do it, and we would love to have a "special role" in the kin. Let us know what you think of this and if you need us to, I can actively try to recruit new players, have a private conversation with them and Venillious and me can be their first contact person they will go to asking for help. For example, if they need something crafted, they can ask either one of us who in the kin to go to. Or if they need some instance to be organised, they can ask us and we will arrange it for them. Anything and everything, they would be able to ask us. If we are both offline, they can ask in the kinship chat ofcourse, but everyone knows people not always get an answer or nobody is bothered to answer, so that is why me and Venillious are offering our services, to help this kin by trying to recruit lower levels and to keep them in the kin by doing what we can do best, help and "coach" players so to speak.

Please let us know what you think :)

Hardist - Champion / Vendication - Guardian / Cuteron - Burglar / Deathron - Captain / Elmormo - Rune Keeper

Ferbrand
Bacon Connoisseur
Bacon Connoisseur

Post by Ferbrand » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Madrin wrote:Perhaps its high time i come back to do what im great at!
So, how many we want? Another 100? 200? 500?
Then get in here matey!!! :D

Ferby and the other dudes

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:38 pm

Hardist wrote:Anyways, what I am offering is, me and Venillious can arrange lower level stuff for people, maybe not daily, but a few times per week we would be able to do it. We have some alts ourselfs who can help out (Guardian and Minstrel if we are lacking them) but mainly we can run any content duo around level 60 and lower, so we can easily pull people through it. And I know that's not the case, "power levelling" people, but we can help them, explain things, and ofcourse arrange the things and fill it up with PUGs if necessary. I used to drag a lot of my kins people through the Great Barrows when I was 65 back then.

Thing is, people join for a reason. If you advertise that you are doing lower level content, DO IT. There is nothing more frustrating than a kin promising things but then ending up NOT doing what they promised. People will see another advertising message from another kin and they will join that kin, or they will stay but they will start to wonder, if things in this kin do not improve, I will join this or that kin. When me and Venillious see anyone online in the kin in need of help, we help them almost everyime if we aren't busy at that time. And I personally would love to do older content for lower levels, GB, GA, Annuminas, Moria instances, anything really. There are some things I am not too familiar with yet, which are the Helegrod ones, never really did them, only for the marks back then so we didn't really do the content. I do know the giants one though, did it twice so I know how it should be done a bit :P

I know me and Venillious aren't officers but if there is nobody really willing to dedicate his/her time to the lower levels, we would be willing to do it, we would actually love to do it, and we would love to have a "special role" in the kin. Let us know what you think of this and if you need us to, I can actively try to recruit new players, have a private conversation with them and Venillious and me can be their first contact person they will go to asking for help. For example, if they need something crafted, they can ask either one of us who in the kin to go to. Or if they need some instance to be organised, they can ask us and we will arrange it for them. Anything and everything, they would be able to ask us. If we are both offline, they can ask in the kinship chat ofcourse, but everyone knows people not always get an answer or nobody is bothered to answer, so that is why me and Venillious are offering our services, to help this kin by trying to recruit lower levels and to keep them in the kin by doing what we can do best, help and "coach" players so to speak.

Please let us know what you think :)
It sounds like we dont help anyone but is not true. Indeed are only a few ppl running on lower content, and that is mostly alts who will skip anything to level faster. We do help anyone who need something crafted. But let think: u have a vocation, u will make money, u will craft your own stuff and sell/buy what u need, u have the LFF channel, u have the kin chat to ask for help. Low level content means GB and GA, we will speak BG, CD and Uru later. I dont think will help to run a GB with a 75 just to show them how is done, they need to discover how to do, for that are guides and stuff, and our forum is full of those. U may level twice per day between lvl 20 and 35, scheduling one low level run is not one option. Maybe GA 6 man could be one exception...

BG, CD and Uru are diferent, they are more complex instances and u really need to know the way/tactics there. Those should be organised since i dont think they can be done with out any practice.

As long as i am on and ppl ask anything on chat, i will answer. Also crafting. If anyone should do the same, we will be fine.
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Hardist
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Post by Hardist » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Sorry I did not mean to say nobody get's any help :D Just trying to sketch a situation that's all, apolagies :)

Hardist - Champion / Vendication - Guardian / Cuteron - Burglar / Deathron - Captain / Elmormo - Rune Keeper

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:55 pm

I want to try healing Andy on my RK, but can dps if necessary ;) You never know we might find some kinless people on the way!
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion