STICKY: Rangers Raid Progression

Important messages from your Leader!
nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Re: Rangers Raid Progression

Post by nostborn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Hal wrote: 1) The raid not going ahead because of real life commitments (grim/me) or officers on breaks from the game (you until recently)
2) Raid being lead but not enough progress to attempt Saruman (aed leading a wing or two depending on progress)
3) A newer team of raiders who have been learning the tactics and improving their skills, whilst some of the more veteran raiders are away (arch, elaras, etc)
To be fair, this is over complicating things, One of the other (seldom known reasons) for me quiting being an officer was the constant expect that officers lead raids, im hoping those like danny are now proving this wrong. You dont need officers to lead raids, hell you dont need someone with much experience to lead you just need to have the balls to go for it and stop others trying to take over.

There will always be other raiders coming up and the issue arising now is a lot of the newer 75's are being ignored (Stephy for example) because they don't know the systems. This is where the issue lies with not completing saruman, those with experience w arent always about and those without are being left to a certain extent by the way side.

I welcome people to argue against this but i see it more and more often.
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:56 pm

nostborn wrote: To be fair, this is over complicating things, One of the other (seldom known reasons) for me quiting being an officer was the constant expect that officers lead raids, im hoping those like danny are now proving this wrong. You dont need officers to lead raids, hell you dont need someone with much experience to lead you just need to have the balls to go for it and stop others trying to take over.

I would have hoped that people realised this a LONG time ago, the number of raids / skirms that where led by myself and Hal back in the long dark distant past.

This has been argued in so many threads, that EVERYONE can organise something if they want to do it, do not wait for it happen, doesnt even need to a serious raid, be it a Carn Dum /Urugarth run (Carn Dum is a great intro i think especially at lvl 50 finishing of your legendary trait quests!), or even a jolly watching the aura in Forochel, post it , and you may well find people sign up for it.

As to others taking over, okay there may well be some new faces I do not know now in the Kin, but I found only one of the experienced raiders ever gave me real trouble while in a raid. We may have had a few 'discussions' on the forum afterwards but that is good, being that odd combination of 'casual raiders' in raid I found this a great kin and even the old hard core raiders very supportive of new raid leaders.

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Egelinath
Hard Boiled
Hard Boiled

Post by Egelinath » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:15 pm

I think one of the major hurdles to "regular" kin members leading raids is that we do not have access to move the Suicide List. I mean, yeah, sure we can lead earlier raids where the loot is crap, but who really wants to invest the time/effort for something that's obsolete now anyway?

No, one of the big the hurdles preventing "regular" kin members from leading raids like Orthanc and Draigoch is that we cannot move the Suicide List. And doing it in an "offline" way probably isn't the best idea as the movement might not happen fast enough to occue between the end of one raid and the beginning of the next in which case the list is all wonky...

Solving that particular issue might just open the door to a few more people to lead...

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:40 pm

I have only led one raid where there was no one on the raid who didnt have access to the loot list. If it is a raid where the list is likely to be needed there is a very good chance someone with list access will be on it as they want phat loots to (just not always the aggro of leading). I seem to remember Nost joining us on TS once just so he could manage the list even though he was not on the raid.

If there is no one , running the list manully in excel then getting some one to do the suicides later is a pain, and yes in days gone by I would have loved to see a couple more people with access to the list. But it is a balancing act as it is not just about one person cheating them selves up a space or 2, but if worse case if someone wipes the list out. Well that would be a very emotive thing to try and fix.

Though i guess a screenshot back up of the list once a week would help limit the damage if that where to happen.

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Arc

Post by Arc » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Egelinath wrote:I think one of the major hurdles to "regular" kin members leading raids is that we do not have access to move the Suicide List. I mean, yeah, sure we can lead earlier raids where the loot is crap, but who really wants to invest the time/effort for something that's obsolete now anyway?

No, one of the big the hurdles preventing "regular" kin members from leading raids like Orthanc and Draigoch is that we cannot move the Suicide List. And doing it in an "offline" way probably isn't the best idea as the movement might not happen fast enough to occue between the end of one raid and the beginning of the next in which case the list is all wonky...

Solving that particular issue might just open the door to a few more people to lead...
I have to say, I think this is a non-issue. If a non-officer were to organise a end-game raid (or any other possible run where the SK list would be used), the chances of that raid/run filling up without at least ONE officer in it is very remote, I think. But let's for argument's sake say that happens; the chances then for NO officer to be online at all at the time (to just unlock the list and help with suicides - e.g. on TeamSpeak), will probably never happen to be honest. :)

On the (incredibly) off chance that lightning will strike 10 times in the same place whilst you win the jackpot in the lottery and being struck in the head by a meteorite at the same time, then well... that's rotten luck. In that case, just put the loot to free rolls (like in the recent Draigoch run when the SK site was down); it won't be the end of the world. =)
On the other hand, a non-officer planning to lead a raid and might be concerned about this, could always request SK list access prior to the raid, or make plans to have an officer present to sort it. :)

=====
Edit after posting: I see Dumn has just posted pretty much the same thing as I said. Oh well.. :P
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:26 pm

well, except scales, no one suicide for nothing, and some of us neither for those. If u need suicide list and u dont have acces, just write down the names order and the order of suicide, u can send to me or any officers. Usually i am allways around or in that raid. :).
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:35 am

Welcome back Omnom. Looking forward in playing again alongside you.
To back up Andy, I stayed on the suicide list at least 3 months on the top without suiciding, didn't even need the scales as I was lucky winning some in pugs.
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 am

Everyone's pretty much said my views.

To sum up: 99.99% of the time theres an officer in the raid or at least online to hellp with SK. For everything else theres still rolls (And in these cases we're probably not talking endgame raid gear so it's hardly a biggie)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Post by Rielthiere » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:39 pm

Egelinath wrote:I think one of the major hurdles to "regular" kin members leading raids is that we do not have access to move the Suicide List. I mean, yeah, sure we can lead earlier raids where the loot is crap, but who really wants to invest the time/effort for something that's obsolete now anyway?
on the other hand, skirm raids don't have suicide list needs.

yes, for draigoch/orthanc it is a concern, though as others have said there's usually someone around. but skirm raids are still end-game content (even though they don't really seem like it) and there are likely plenty of people who need/want things from them.

helegrod also scales and gives good loot as i remember, things that are still desireable.

in fact the only raid i can think of where loot isn't wanted much is the rift. and even then, some people still want cosmetics or to gear up a character around that level.

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Quite ironic really considering RIFT! is from the original SoA and yet still has some of the best cosmetics