Forum Upgrade & Cleanup - Sat 16th/Sun 17th Nov

Important messages from your Leader!
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Forum Upgrade & Cleanup - Sat 16th/Sun 17th Nov

Post by Balthelion » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi all.

Just some advance warning that I will be performing maintenance on the forums at some point over the weekend, in preparation for the Helm's Deep launch.

I will be doing several different things (see below), which will necessitate the forums being offline for a short duration. While not all these steps will require the forums to be offline, for simplicity's sake, and to minimise the risk of problems, I will be keeping the forums offline for the entire duration.

1) Forum upgrade
Bog standard upgrade of the forums to use the latest patches.

2) Forum Cleanup
I will be merging some of the lesser used subforums together, to reduce the overall forum count. (Eg "Quests" + "Deeds" / "Events" + "Social Events")

3) User Cleanup
I will be removing all users from the database who have made 0 posts. Besides cleanup, this removes some potential spambot accounts.

If you have a legitimate forum acccount, but have never posted, please post something - anything - ASAP to avoid your account being accidentally deleted.

4) Helm's Deep Preparation
I will set up all the Helm's Deep related official threads (For each big battle, loot lists, etc)

5) Forum Backup
Once all changes have been made, I will be performing a backup of the database.

If all goes according to plan, downtime should not last more than 1 hour. Details will be provided in the message you see if you visit the forums while they are offline.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Re: Forum Upgrade & Cleanup - Sat 16th/Sun 17th Nov

Post by Balthelion » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Work is now completed.

You may see some of the moved topics show up as having new posts, when they don't (It's jsut because they moved).
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker