Calling All Rangers!

Important messages from your Leader!
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Calling All Rangers!

Post by Balthelion » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Providing i get off my arse and finish the necessary coding, the new website will launch this weekend just in time for Rohan!

As such, I could use a lot of help testing out everything that is currently "finished". In particular (but not limited to):
  • Does everything look ok, is is there some graphically "wrong" with a particular page?
  • Do links point to the right places?
  • Does the website allow/deny you access to certain sections/features of the site according to your rank correctly?
  • Can you find any of my legions of typos?
  • Can you spot anything else that doesn't seem right?
  • Do you have any other feedback on the site?
You can visit the beta website via the link below:
http://www.rangersoferiador.com/beta/

There will also be a forum update at some point over the weekend before Rohan, which will likely result in up to 30 minutes of forum downtime. Expect a further announcement when that will be.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Aedfrith

Re: Calling All Rangers!

Post by Aedfrith » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Happy to help and proofread.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Grim
Captain General
Captain General

Post by Grim » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Okayyy, first pass incoming, logged in to my officer account for all of this:

1 - Calender, is there a meant to be a link to the forum event? If so, it's not appearing. If not, then its fine.

2 - Guides, couple of the links not working for me atm. Getting a 'Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /beta/guides/raids/dn/ on this server.' message for the DN, BG and STH guides. Are these just not in yet or is it a bug? Also, none of the class/general/tips/tricks/plugins guides have hyperlinks atm. Just havnt got round to it yet or bug?

3 - Screenshots, again getting a forbidden message for the main 'screenshot' tab, the 'latest screenshot' bit and the 'browse screenshot' link. 'You don't have permission to access /beta/screenshots/ on this server'. Managing screenshots page loads, but the 'view' and 'edit' options turn up 'webpage cannot be found' pages. The 'delete' option takes me to the confirmation screen, but didn't want to actually delete any screens so can't say if that works. The 'Add Screenshot' page loads fine, but when I try to upload one, it throws back a 'You must choose an image to upload.' message even though I have chosen one.

4 - Songs, 'Songs' tab, as well as the 'Latest' and 'Browse suboptions all throw up forbidden screens atm.

5 - Members, 'Members' tab as well as 'Member List' both throw up Forbidden screens too, but the 'My Profile' and 'Change password screens both work.

6 - Officers, 'Officers tab, gives Forbidden screen, and the two suboptions 'Validate Ranks' and 'Message Templates' both give 'webpage cannot be found' messages.

7 - Links, All fine except for 'The fat lute' link, which throws up a 'webpage cannot be found' page.

All I've found for now but only had a spare half hour, will have a proper look through for typos etc over the weekend, will also get to grips with the loot list and check that over later too.
Grimhelmd - 75 Guardian
Turrion - 75 Captain
Tergon - 75 Loremaster
Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Grim wrote:1 - Calender, is there a meant to be a link to the forum event? If so, it's not appearing. If not, then its fine.
Link will depend on what people* provide when the event is added to a calendar. If a forum link is provided, clicking something on the calendar will directly open a new tab/page with the provided forum topic. Providing a link will override the event text (if provided). If there is no link, it will do the old style event display of opening a page on the site with event text on it.

*Calendar access is being rolled out to everyone on the new site.
Grim wrote:2 - Guides, couple of the links not working for me atm. Getting a 'Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /beta/guides/raids/dn/ on this server.' message for the DN, BG and STH guides. Are these just not in yet or is it a bug? Also, none of the class/general/tips/tricks/plugins guides have hyperlinks atm. Just havnt got round to it yet or bug?
All guides which have a link on the current site have a link on the beta site. Not all of them are written yet (specifically: DN, BG, STH) which results in a forbidden message when you click the link. kinda WAI & To be added.

Everything else that doesn't have a hyperlink is WAI - Theres no guide for it on the live or beta site (we need people to write them! :mrgreen:)
Grim wrote:3 - Screenshots, again getting a forbidden message for the main 'screenshot' tab, the 'latest screenshot' bit and the 'browse screenshot' link. 'You don't have permission to access /beta/screenshots/ on this server'. Managing screenshots page loads, but the 'view' and 'edit' options turn up 'webpage cannot be found' pages. The 'delete' option takes me to the confirmation screen, but didn't want to actually delete any screens so can't say if that works. The 'Add Screenshot' page loads fine, but when I try to upload one, it throws back a 'You must choose an image to upload.' message even though I have chosen one.
Clicking the Screensheets root menu will currently result in a forbidden. Known issue. Need to add the "View Screenshot" page (its the only screenshot page i have left to do today after i blitz the rest, being the last alphabetically) which the root menu will default to.

Browse screenshots should be working (can't check the timing of your post, but the page was added this afternoon possibly after your post).

Latest screenshot, again known issue - It's the "View" page again.

Delete should be working - again, like yourself didn't want to actually test taht for obvious reasons.

Add screenshot - I've deliberately not tested this due to a difference between how the live and beta systems work (putting screenshots in different places etc, don't want to be messing around with that as such). Interesting that of all the errors its come out with that one though....
Grim wrote:4 - Songs, 'Songs' tab, as well as the 'Latest' and 'Browse suboptions all throw up forbidden screens atm.
Everythings songs related doesn't exist yet. Known issue / WAI.
Grim wrote:5 - Members, 'Members' tab as well as 'Member List' both throw up Forbidden screens too, but the 'My Profile' and 'Change password screens both work.
The Members root menu will default to the member list. Unlike the rest of the member pages, It doesn't exist yet, so known issue / WAI.
Grim wrote:6 - Officers, 'Officers tab, gives Forbidden screen, and the two suboptions 'Validate Ranks' and 'Message Templates' both give 'webpage cannot be found' messages.
Officers root menu doesn't have a page or default. I've resolved to do a simple page (like i did today with the links page) to solve this issue.

Rank validation page isn't written, so again Known issue / WAI.

Template link DOES exists but i derp'd on the link (../members/... rather than ../officers/..) - FIXED.
Grim wrote:7 - Links, All fine except for 'The fat lute' link, which throws up a 'webpage cannot be found' page.
Yeah Fat Lute seems to be down. I'm loosely aware of the owner wanting to pass the rights onto someone, as they were no longer interested on maintaining the site. I guess that what's happened is nobodies taken ownership, and ther site is now offline. Left the link on that page for now, but known issue.

-----

Cheers Grim

Ferbrand
Bacon Connoisseur
Bacon Connoisseur

Post by Ferbrand » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Balthelion wrote:Template link DOES exists but i derp'd on the link (../members/... rather than ../officers/..) - FIXED.
Still doesn't work for me, says server error :)

But very nice site, especiallyl like the picture of Ferby's house on top :D

And also nice feature with with the suicide list, loot list and team speak on top :)

Good Job Ballie :D

Ferby and the other dudes

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:35 am

Okay really fixed the officer templates page this time - Buggy code was preventing it from laoding.

And Ferby - Can we expect to see you in Rohan next week? :mrgreen:

Baz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Baz » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:27 am

I have tried retrieving my password. An email was sent to me, I received it, but when I click on the link to reset it I get the message "Errors!".....

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Will look into it, but i though we tested tht before and it worked :/

Baz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Baz » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:57 pm

I found my old password so am able to log in again. However, may still be a problem resetting passwords once forgotten. Well, at least it didn't work for me...

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:16 am

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php? ... ost6464365

The Fat Lute isn't dead, they're just resting.

Also, links to DN and BG are currently broken (though Draig and Watcher work).
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!