Rangers Raiding

Important messages from your Leader!
Khynareth
Lady
Lady

Re: Rangers Raiding

Post by Khynareth » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Balthelion wrote:Turbine would have scored an own goal if they DID.
I agree there, and I also agree with you Catti.
Well, may be in a year... :)

Thiromur: Dwarf Rune-Keeper Lvl 66 - EGM Scholar, EM Farmer

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Balthelion wrote:Turbine would have scored an own goal if they DID.

No new content to speak of for another year, and people whining that the content they have fond memories of is now split into chucks and now just a glorified skirmish (ie, Helegrod)
Not sure I understand. Allowing people to run some of the old content at 75 would be fun, but I know you just love disagreeing with me ;)
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

Khynareth
Lady
Lady

Post by Khynareth » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Cattiwen wrote: but I know you just love disagreeing with me ;)
Hell yeah :)

Blue

Thiromur: Dwarf Rune-Keeper Lvl 66 - EGM Scholar, EM Farmer

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Why I oughta... :p
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:49 pm

Cattiwen wrote:Why I oughta... :p
Go eat some cake? :P

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:51 pm

The Devs can't do two things at once.

Either they work on making old content that people are sick of scale to cap - bastardising them in the process - or they work on new content and new instances and move the game forward instead of looking backwards.

With RoI, I know first-hand they had to spend most of their time working on anything but the expansion. Which meant that many things were arguably rushed, and the cluster came late (arguably still rushed). Reasons for this were varied and many (WB takeover, preparation to migrate the EU playerbase, making the substantial Update 2 & 3 content releases...)

I know that they already have the fluff pre-sorted, so they don't have to work on these throughout the year (things like the new treasure hunt event, the new farmers festival, and otehr festival updates and other timesinks).

So the only thing on their Calendar besides the usual minor bugfix patches is the Great River content update (Update 6 / Spring) and then the RoR expansion. Which unlike RoI should get the full dev attention.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Alastria

Post by Alastria » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:03 pm

I will certainly be up for helping anyone I can with Alastria or Alastrovic. Please feel free to ask me for anything. I like helping out lower level guys too as if we can help those guys faster, then we will have more characters that can help in more raids.

I would like to offer Alastria (LM) for Orthanc and Draigoch, but as said I will gladly pop along to any lower level raid to have fun.

xx

Albric of Rohan
Footman
Footman

Post by Albric of Rohan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:44 pm

andrac wrote:
Albric of Rohan wrote:Put Albric on the list, please.

I kinda dislike having to plan my game in advance, since I have so much planning to do in my professional life. But I also see the need for signups, so I'll better get to it.
i do have the feeling that ppl dont understand the plan. U are not gonna think in advance because is not that u need to join the raid when you are in top of suicide list. U will sign up as usually and u will have the spot assured if not too many champs before you on the list. IF they are, they will have the spots assured, they will be suicided and u will advance on list. This will like a rotation between dps classes mostly and will give all the chance to join, no matter how fast u write your name on the sign up list. Next time when u will want to sign up on the ToC, if your position on the list is higher, u will have the spot assured. After that, u will be suicided. Let say that your only disavantage will be that u may not have the chance to join every time u sign up. But that is relative because before to implement the system u had the same chances, depending how fast u had the ocasion to check the forum and sign up on the list.

IS NOT MANDATORY TO JOIN if your position is higher. Actually u dont even must think on that suicide if u dont want. Sign up for raids as usually.
I'm not referring to the suicide aspect for being able to join a raid. When I say "planning", I just refer to signing up. I have been slacking there lately and I have only myself to blame.

I have all confidence that this new system is well thought out and fair. I spent 8 months maintaining a system for distributing loot across a hundred players in my previous game. I know it is not an easy task.

Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Post by Rielthiere » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:10 am

putting myself in now for when i get back to game sometime in the future :p

chars are Rielthiere and Elathan, RK and LM.

guard coming up, but when i'll get working on her is a good question. though finishing her should be fast enough :p

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:25 am

Khynareth wrote:
Cattiwen wrote: but I know you just love disagreeing with me ;)
Hell yeah :)

Blue
No he doesn't :3
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!