Rangers Raiding

Important messages from your Leader!
Aedfrith

Re: Rangers Raiding

Post by Aedfrith » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:53 pm

My last suicide was for the Loop of the Dunlending Archer - the *best* hunter earring out there. Draigoch cloak still months away...
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Aedfrith wrote:My last suicide was for the Loop of the Dunlending Archer - the *best* hunter earring out there. Draigoch cloak still months away...
Having 3 chars on lvl 75 Aed I don't think you have to wait so much.
Let's say that you bring the hunter to the kin run; this will let you have 2 chars which are very important to the raid, burg and tank.
No one stops you from pugging, been in a few pugs myself and I wiped only once as the tank was new on that one.
You might get lucky and win the scales or a symbol or something. Even if you don't get all 3 you might get 1 or 2 and buy what's left.
Tbh I have no interest doing them on my Guardian for example as I have everything from Draigoch, but I still willing to help the kin (and 22 seals are not to be disregarded).
On the champ I will probably never go on the kin run as we always have the dps slots taken and I'm willing to let some new players come in my place or some who were not there for a long time.
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:12 pm

I don't have a main. I love all my little avatars. At the moment, only the mini and the cappie are brave enough to face Saruman. I just have to find the time to get there.

Suicide list for Skirms..... I'm not suiciding for anything less than scales, and I need 12. Most of my skirms are pugs anyway and I would be happy for the shinies to go to other kinnies when we do kin raids.

Oh, for the sake of argument, put the captain as main

H
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

tinuriwen
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Post by tinuriwen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Put me on the list with char name elraeth.

Elaras is now 74 so soon ill have 2 chars to help with, but wont heal orthanc t2 :D

Piiraadzins
Sergeant of the Guard
Sergeant of the Guard

Post by Piiraadzins » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Piiraadzins - guardian ( currently my only character )

Khynareth
Lady
Lady

Post by Khynareth » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:06 pm

So, my thoughts:
- Suicide list for high demand raid: Yes, makes sense
- Suicide list for 12 /24 men instances: Yes, makes sense
- Current raid schedule(Orthanc): Note that this is MY point of view from MY current situation. It prevents me from playing in the evenings during the week (as I work then), so Orthanc is a no go for me. I could pug, but pugs are reluctant to take inexperienced tanks (which I totally agree with) and pugs drive me nuts. So a combination of personal life limitations & change prevent me from taking part in the higher level raid. Which ultimately will leave my char(s?) stranded. Admitted I haven't logged in much lately, I blame it on life being... Well, life...

So, I have no solution to the above. Since it's likely to be an isolated situation, I'm not asking or expecting anything to happen from it. With the amount of people in the kin, changes are made to suit the majority and it's fair.

On this other hand, the above - read the endless grinding needed to keep a character at raiding level - is what is, slowly but surely, pushing me away from this game. I don't have the time to grind and I don't find it fun. There are so many other fun, interesting, exciting games out there that having to redo the same instance 100 times to get a ring, or a shield or whatever else seems pointless.

I think my conclusion is that I'll be on when I can because I love my kinnies and I think you're all fab. Yet you might see me less often as a result (of me hating mindless grinding). If you wish to connect any other way, PM.

Thiromur: Dwarf Rune-Keeper Lvl 66 - EGM Scholar, EM Farmer

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm in the same boat as you Khy, if that makes you feel any better :)
If I had it my way, we would raid one wing each day, starting 21:30 - 22:00. But we would need another 10 people who don't already have locks and sadly that's not going to happen soon. Fortunately, like you say, it's not all about raiding.
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Have to agree Khy - Draigoch is a bit of a drag nowadays, problem is in order to stand a chance at going up the suicide list you have to take part in these otherwise you're forever stranded. I think Turbine scored an own goal by not raising the level of some of the other instances to 75, limiting the amount of stuff to do. Everyone's staying at the top of the list in the hope that someday Saruman T2 might be on the cards (or something else comes along that grants decent gear). I think if they may some very nice loot drop in PvE (even if it was very rare) it might force people back into the open rather than waiting on instances. I'm happy to run some 3 man stuff with you though, pits, Dargnakh, HoN etc all seem to drop decent stuff and don't take nearly as long.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Pits and foundry drop some great stuff. Foundry is the best way to get seals (and a full set of draig armour).
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Turbine would have scored an own goal if they DID.

No new content to speak of for another year, and people whining that the content they have fond memories of is now split into chucks and now just a glorified skirmish (ie, Helegrod)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker