Rangers Raiding

Important messages from your Leader!
Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Re: Rangers Raiding

Post by Hal » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Can't go anywhere without Hal so chalk me up, and make sure we use Danny's loaded dice on my roll ;-)

Champ, Cappy, Mini all ready and able

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:50 pm

Sign me up.

Edit: Worth mentioning that from this week on, I'll be able to join about every other week for Orthanc. :) It means skipping 2 out of 3 possible ju-jutsu practices on the weeks I do run ToO but I'll have to make up for myself for the lost practice. :p Also, since my gf doesn't need me to pick her up on every Thursday but every other, I'll be home and ready at 7:45 even if I did go to my practice. If I go, I'll try to skip the end bit to be home by 7:30 but depending on the weather I might not make it sharp anyway. I hope this won't be too much of an issue as I'm always prepared to raid within a minute of logging in (and making it past the loading screen).
Last edited by Netham on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Yarr me hearties, I be signin' up as a jolly shipmate.

Orthanc:
Main: Cap'n Aed the Archer of Awesome (HNT)
Alt: Rumbi the Bumblypimpburgie (BRG)

For OD and BG, add:

Alt: Ald the Not Quite Ready To Tank 75 Raids (WDN)

And soon for DN:

Alt: Hrolf the Burpyd0rf (MNS)
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Hardist
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Post by Hardist » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:16 pm

I would still like to comment on the below three things:

T2 Focus - Sure, it's hard, and if that is why people aren't signing up, then you cannot change it and it's their choice, nobody is forced to play anything. Although I agree we first need to get T1 tactics down for everyone, before we can move on to T2. Once people are ore familiar with T1 (and also more familiar with EACH OTHER as a group), they will be signing up for T2 some more.

I didn't mind the wiping in T2 the other day, but I minded that it took 5 - 10 minutes before we were regrouped and then it took another few minutes because people were still talking and discussing tactics. I think this should drastically change. If we can change this, then the raid itself won't take too long either, at least you can make sure it won't take longer than neccesary. But the wiping itself only causes stress and frustration if people don't group up fast enough, at least for me.

Fun is fine, but that's why we have BG, DN, Rift, and so on. Orthanc T2 should not be taken lightly because we won't ever make it if we don't take it a bit more serious. I know this is not a hardcore raiding kin, but let's at least take T2 seriously to make it more fun for everyone and to actually clear some of the wings, and let only the raid leader speak during the explanation of tactics.

Unfriendly Hours - To avoid this a bit, we simply start at the time we agreed on in the original topic, and not a minute later. If not everyone is logged in, we can check the reserves and/or get others to fill the spots if needed. People should be logged in at least 10 minutes before the invites start, to avoid problems and stuff. Also this should only be for the more serious runs, the T2 Orthanc ones. For all other raids, we should simply wait a few minutes for everyone to be logged in because it doesn't matter all that much.

T1 loot sucks - Agreed, but I am hoping people aren't doing this solely for the loot. If so, I think you're in the wrong kin. I personally raid for fun and to gain experience. Ofcourse the loot is nice, but that will come in time, once we start doing some T2 :)

Hardist - Champion / Vendication - Guardian / Cuteron - Burglar / Deathron - Captain / Elmormo - Rune Keeper

eyandil
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Post by eyandil » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:35 pm

I'm always in for some raiding.

You can put be on the Orthanc suicide list. Only HNT class atm.

I'm also pepared to bang my head in T2 Orthanc. Always ready to learn more tactics :)

Eyandil
----
Eyandil - Elf Hunter lv85
Eyanthil - Elf RK lv 85
Bodgi - Dwarf Guardian lv 85
Eraod - Man Captain lv 34
Skuldul - Dwarf Champion lv 37
Taamo - Hobbit Minstrel lv 43
Dalaharn - Elf Warden lv 31
Wogo - Hobbit Burglar lv 21

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Obion - Hnt
Obrindol - LM (main)

Orthanc - LM
DN/Rift - Hnt, LM
BG - LM
OD - Preferably not, never really liked it
Draigoch - Get the urge to stab myself with an no.5 pencil over and over again. So preferably not.

Days
Thurs, Mon - OK
Fri - Rarely
Tus, Wen - mayby sometimes

haemnon
Ranger
Ranger

Post by haemnon » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Just to clarify as i undertsand we agreed the suicide list is only for orthanc so theres no point stressing the rest of your characters on DN/OD guys :P
Also i can always reserve for thursddays so add me to the list plus i might sign up every few months.....I.e when i get a day off work on a monday
Silenttkiller-85 burg/Golodiran- 75 RK/ Haemnon-85 Champ / mini-borserk-75/Wiiman-65 Guardian/Hunter-60/warden-60/cappy-54/LM-25

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Hard i will just point out the who tactic discussions in raids, yes some raids there is no need, however you have to remember at any one time there can be up to 5 raid leaders in the raid at one time. Its not in there nature to not point out potnetial ideas which could make something smoother from thier point of view. (remember the raids are about learning the tactics as much as each other therefore we don't learn without others input.) T2 tactics are set in stone so yes there will be some debate about things.

As for taking orthanc t2 seriously sure focus, but dont dismiss some people humour and messing about as lack of focus, the core raiding group of this kin has been grouping together for around a year now so we know how far we can take something in a raid (granted with some we are all still learning how far we can go) before we loose focus. No matter how serious you are you can still lose, being at ease and comfortable is the way to bring focus and i personally think this is what sets us apart as a casual raiding kin. The ability to have fun, wipe till we learn how and keep good humour while getting the raid done and focusing when its needed.

This is what this raid schedule is all about (from what i hear from my sources) to get back into our old ways where there was no pressure to complete something just to have fun while doing it.
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Currently I prefer Champ (need to take down Saruman to unlock the last 2 pieces), followed by LM and guard.
Depending on what we need i can be flexible as always.
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

haemnon
Ranger
Ranger

Post by haemnon » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:35 pm

nost you have sources?
Silenttkiller-85 burg/Golodiran- 75 RK/ Haemnon-85 Champ / mini-borserk-75/Wiiman-65 Guardian/Hunter-60/warden-60/cappy-54/LM-25