Putting a band together to do the open world fellow quests around Slag-hills in the Wasteland.
You need to have done the quests leading up to Slag-Hills, and a few solo there iirc, so you get the first 3 set of quests.
I've done 2 of the first 3 on my own. But think there's more behind those. These will eventually lead up to the daily group instances where you can get the token needed for gold shields & weapons.
From what I've gathered from friends, if I understood it all correctly, it apparently works like this:
- In the Slag-hills, at an NPC standing near the milestone, you first get a quest to kill 20 mobs in the Slag-hills. This quest is apparently marked as 'Fellowship', but the mobs are just normal trash mobs on landscape surrounding the area where the NPC is standing, so it should really be marked 'Solo' as it's completely soloable.
- After handing in the above quest, you get a first set of 3 'Fellowship' quests (and these really are meant for Fellowship) to do in Lang Rhuven, which is an open-world area full of elite mobs (similar to Tarlang's Crown). When these are finished, you return to the milestone in the Slag-hills for quest hand-in.
- When the first set of quests have all been completed, this opens up a second set of 3 'Fellowship' quests, again in Lang Rhuven.
- What's more, a third trip into Lang Rhuven is needed, to complete a third set of quests - 1 required and 2 optional (daily repeatable).
- After finishing all these, you get a set of 4 new 'Fellowship' quests; 2 quests each in the two areas Skoironk and Towers of the Teeth - out of which 1 quest in each area is a daily repeatable, apparently. To get to these areas you pass through a doorway at each location to enter into a 'dungeon'-thingy (still open-world, but not out on landscape anymore, as I understood it). If you only want to open ONE of the resource instanses, then maybe you can skip the quests for the other area, but I don't know.
So, in summary, there are 1+3+3+1(+2)+2(+2)
pre-quests to do in order to open up these resource instances.
When all the above steps have been completed, then the resource instances become available to enter via quests from the NPC in Slag-hills. These quests start a 60-minute timer from the moment they are accepted
(just like previous crafting instances), so don't pick them up until you're (all) ready to enter the instance!
Note that this is all for the fellowship version
of the crafting instances. I have no idea how/when the solo versions can be accessed, but I'm pretty sure it's gated behind a substantial quest chain in the area.
Anyway, I'd like to do these so I'll join in on the fun.