Chicken run to Snowbourn - 26 of April 19 BST

Kin Events - planning and upcoming!
Obion
Loading…

Chicken run to Snowbourn - 26 of April 19 BST

Post by Obion » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:29 am

I think it's time for a social kin event, and one I personally been waiting for since the Rohan expansion came out.

Date is dependent on U13 release, scheduled for 14 of April. If that release is postponed this have to postponed too.

I'm putting it here early so people have a chance to stock up appropriate amounts, and type, of beverage, snacks and to do the pre-quests.

With Update 13 there will be a waypoint taking us between the two different versions of Isengard area, and according to latest dev video chickens will be able to use it too, Hurray!!
Bal posted the vid here
http://www.rangersoferiador.com/forum/v ... 915#p25915

Chicken play is a session play where you transform into a chicken with new skills. It starts at Sandson's farm in The Shire and there are some introduction quests. Since Snowbourn is quite a distance from the Shire i highly recommend you do atleast the quest (session plays) so you get the ability to do the Trollshaws session since that has the longest timer on it.
Last time we went to Isengard it took around 1h 30 min, and Snowbourn is some distant from that.
Since it is a session it also means we can't use kin chat or other chats that normal characters can use. We are still in the same world so we can still see "normal" players and they can see us.

Depending on how long its taken us to reach Grimbolds camp, we might have to change end destination to Helms Deep instead. We'll just see how it goes. We might all be dead before even reaching Galtrev :o

A good guide for Chicken play - http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Chicken_Play_Guide

So
* Do the session quest up to at least so that Trollshaws session is available. I think there is a cool down on the sessions, but not sure, so to be on the safe side, do the quest before the 19'th.
* We will meet at Sandson's farm in The Shire at 19 BST so we can start together
* Once you started session play type /joinchannel chicken. Then we can type to each other
* Join on TS3 for chatter and laughs. It is a social event, having fun is key - How to set up TS3 - http://www.rangersoferiador.com/teamspeak/
* be prepared to feel your heart rushing as we travel trough the areas as a lvl 1 chicken.

There is no size limit for how many we can be in this event, Our TS3 do have a max number of users however. And the lvl of your current character don't matter either, you just need to have completed the introduction part for your character.

Edit.
Just noticed that 19 of April is in the middle of Easter, so change date to 26 of April instead.

Baz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Chicken run to Snowbourn - 26 of April 19 BST

Post by Baz » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:12 pm

I'll be coming along :)

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:40 am

I would love to join this run.
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Baz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Baz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:31 am

andrac wrote:I would love to join this run.
Damn Andy! It is sooo good to see your name on here again. We miss you loads mate. Will be great to see you on this chicken run pal :)

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:14 am

What he said.

I'd better do the pre-quests... probably on rumbi.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Arwat » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:35 pm

X

I loved the chicken run some of us did some months ago! :D

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:07 pm

andrac wrote:I would love to join this run.
hugs

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

moffy
Footman
Footman

Post by moffy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:51 pm

would be happy to cluck along :)

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:24 pm

If there are no Ops or CTA's on EvE I MIGHT pop into TS
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:32 am

Done up to where I can aim for Trollshaws so should be good to come along :)
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)