What more do you want out of our kin site in 2012?

Place your democratic votes in all major kin decisions here!

Just keep up the good work
33%
More NEWS to keep track of offical game and kinship news
9%
More GUIDES to help out kinnies
21%
The LOTTERIES running again
6%
The CALENDAR being used again
18%
More IMAGES/VIDEOS/SONGS in our libraries
9%
More FUNCTIONALITY on the accounts, so we can do more stuff
3%
OTHER (please post)
No votes

Total votes: 33

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:59 pm

As the thread and poll states.

Comments, feedback and suggestions as always are welcome :)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Gorvadhros
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman

Re: What more do you want out of our kin site in 2012?

Post by Gorvadhros » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Pics of hot Elven Chicks? :P

Madrin
Questionable Morals
Questionable Morals

Post by Madrin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:48 pm

Dating services for Dwarves? Cooking Guides with Hobbits?
At your service, and your family's!

Ferbrand
Bacon Connoisseur
Bacon Connoisseur

Post by Ferbrand » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Madrin wrote:Cooking Guides with Hobbits?
You mean Cooking Guides by hobbits right Maddy?? :shock: :shock: :shock: Please!!!

Ferby and the other dudes

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:40 am

Just keep up the good work brya, know you already put a lot of time into it

Bullett
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman

Post by Bullett » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:46 am

Wut Hal said :)

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:42 am

Hal wrote:Just keep up the good work brya, know you already put a lot of time into it
Bullett wrote:Wut Hal said :)
what Hal and Bullet said :)
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Grim
Captain General
Captain General

Post by Grim » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:46 am

Same from me really - really appreciate all the work (and money) you put into the site, the forums and the teamspeak channel and seems greedy to ask anything more! :P though we could possibly have a few more guides, which Im always willing to help write and collate information for of course - on that topic I will get round to writing up acid, shadow and what we know of saruman at some point this weekend, but been travelling all day and have arrived home to find my computer damaged in transit (see forum post) :(
Grimhelmd - 75 Guardian
Turrion - 75 Captain
Tergon - 75 Loremaster
Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:47 am

More NEWS to keep track of offical game and kinship news - Game news is always bang on, but there's little kin news to break it up, even if it's just a repeat of the forums.
More GUIDES to help out kinnies - The current guide format is wonderfully slick, particularly the side bar. Would love to get more up there so we can become Google #1. Guess you need moar screenies!
The LOTTERIES running again - Meh, I got enough addiction with LOTRO, no need to get into gambling as well
The CALENDAR being used again - Had a play with this yesterday. I'll try to update it more often. At least the newcomers can see what we are up to that way.
More IMAGES/VIDEOS/SONGS in our libraries - YouTube it
More FUNCTIONALITY on the accounts, so we can do more stuff - Nothing comes to mind

Can't imagine that you have time to do much more with the site Bal. We should definitely have more guides. Hopefully most of the work will be done by the team.
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Hardric wrote:More NEWS to keep track of offical game and kinship news - Game news is always bang on, but there's little kin news to break it up, even if it's just a repeat of the forums.
Yeah kinda slacked on the kin side of things of late. If i knew people regularly checked the main site for news, then it could take over from kinmails, or be a longer version of message of the day
Hardric wrote:More GUIDES to help out kinnies - The current guide format is wonderfully slick, particularly the side bar. Would love to get more up there so we can become Google #1. Guess you need moar screenies!
Yup, in the new yeah I can hopefully organise extensive lists on what information we need for each instance (including screenshots, screens of LM boss inspections, buffs/debuffs etc. The either I - or any generous helpers - can turn these into guides keeping to the same format as I have so far.
Hardric wrote:The CALENDAR being used again - Had a play with this yesterday. I'll try to update it more often. At least the newcomers can see what we are up to that way.
Thinking of simplyfying this system, given that most of our event organisation has shifted to the forums and signups. Specifically, thinking that when creating an event on the calendar, you can either put in a URL to the appropriate forum thread, OR enter text into the calendar as you do currently. The net result being when someone clicks the link in the calendar it either pops up a celndar event page like it does currently, or take you directly to the forum thread.

Limitations in my video system mean it breaks if you try to upload a file tahts too big. Coupled with transfer caps, a shift to YouTube for videos is the idea (and ofc, Officers have access to our kin youtube account to upload videos at will. If we do this we can destroy the practically unused video section. Screenshot system I'm happy with, maybe some minor upgrades that can be done there. Same with the song system.
Hardric wrote:More FUNCTIONALITY on the accounts, so we can do more stuff - Nothing comes to mind
It has some quite useful effects that people don't know about. For example, If Player A has entered their characters on our site, and Player B doesn't know who Character X is, if they search for Character X on our site, they see its details and realise it's an alt of Player A.
Hardric wrote:Can't imagine that you have time to do much more with the site Bal. We should definitely have more guides. Hopefully most of the work will be done by the team.
Time i have plenty. Will to put in the work is another matter entirely :roll:
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker