Orthanc Raid Organisation

Place your democratic votes in all major kin decisions here!

Read post before voting! You can only choose 1 option per issue!

Issue 1 - One Team
No votes
Issue 1 - Two Teams
20%
Issue 2 - Same Days
6%
Issue 2 - Alternative Days
13%
Issue 3 - Fill Team 1, then Team 2
3%
Issue 3 - Leader decides your team
17%
Issue 4A - A Minimum Standard is fair
20%
Issue 4A - A Minimum Standard is NOT fair.
No votes
Issue 4B - Limit the number of Inexperienced/Undergeared players
17%
Issue 4B - DO NOT Limit the number of Inexperienced/Undergeared players
2%

Total votes: 98

Dumnomii

Re: Orthanc Raid Organisation

Post by Dumnomii » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:59 pm

GB will be very popular for the seal farming going forward as sch/lib no longer drop them.

So for those who cannot do the new instances GB and 12 man skirmish are the only source,

Sch/Lib still hopefully a good source of meds/marks not sure on exact quantites but are going to be very much less in demand now.

But yes in the 20s skirmish was good xp, but at higher level the instances give crud xp compared to questing normally (just things like moria ones that have so many quests you can take before going in that are worht doign for xp and they are not repeatable) and you outgrow the gear so fast, the inclination/encourgement? trying to think right word, is just not there to really promote doing any of the lower level content on level. Apart from maybe CD/Urugarth for the lvl 45-50 legendary trait quests.

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:03 pm

I'll also point out that (for my runs at least, as i'm sure grim will do this too) there will be a post-raid commentary.

What worked, what didn't, things that either the raid or specific people could do better and improve for next time etc. And I'll point out that this is contructive criticism, rather than "you noob!", and if you can't handle contructive criticism, then that's your problem :mrgreen:
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:05 pm

Constructive eh brya :-P

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Balthelion wrote:I'll also point out that (for my runs at least, as i'm sure grim will do this too) there will be a post-raid commentary.

What worked, what didn't, things that either the raid or specific people could do better and improve for next time etc. And I'll point out that this is contructive criticism, rather than "you noob!", and if you can't handle contructive criticism, then that's your problem :mrgreen:
Well boss, i apreciate this ideea, it was implemented long time ago by Wip when he started out weekly runs throught the 65 instances when we where begginers. We all know how meticulous can be Wip :) and indeed this ideea will be great.
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Grim
Captain General
Captain General

Post by Grim » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Balthelion wrote:I'll also point out that (for my runs at least, as i'm sure grim will do this too) there will be a post-raid commentary.
Yep Ill be doing this after every raid too.
Grimhelmd - 75 Guardian
Turrion - 75 Captain
Tergon - 75 Loremaster
Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:05 am

Went well tonight guys, T1 was pretty straight-forward (at least until Saruman), so don't see any reason why we can't take some of the 'greener' raiders along with us on future T1 runs

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:05 am

I agree with Hal; we were really good last night and did a great job.
My lore mastering will have to improve a bit but I think I did ok.
I think we will take down Saruman in the next days so then, with the tactics knowledge, we can take people who are not experienced (tbh I don't consider myself to be experienced, I just try to listen to the raid leader(s) and not screw things up).
Also, 4 Draigoch pieces should be a must for this.
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:51 am

Yup Tier 1 has been nerfed substanitally from how I remember it. Tier 2 (and Tier 1 Saruman) will remain a scarefest, but tactically Tier 1 isnt too bad until Saruman.

That said reasonable gear still remains a necessity - Particularly large morale pools and mitigations/resistances.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Definitely large morale pools. That stuff hits hard even on a heavy

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Was a lot easier than i was expecting, I thought run went very well, I have been a bit frustrated with some of the 6 man stuff recently as people where not wearing there thinking caps, but everyone seemed focused, comunication was good, just one wipes before sarauman, but we cracked that pull second attempt and breezed pretty much through the 4 wings.

Even Grims one man exploration of acid which turned into a deaded boss :P

As is all to often the case though, even for T1 the main person that HAS to be well geared is the tanks, couple of pulls there where vicous even on Grim , as there is quite a few mobs that cannot be CC.

CC though seemed very good, we just need to some how step up DPS on wargs, as many of the adds can only CCd for a short duration due to the adapatation mechanic. Nothing the the CC team can do about that, as the mobs gain the immunity, but this also means the DPS team has to be VERY focued as if you break a CC it CANNOT be reapplied. This is hard on champs who have to be very spatially aware.

The CC team is VITAL, so sorry LMs/Burgs you need to know your CC inside out for this one.

Slugs needs looking at see if we can refine that bit, they caused a few issues and some deaths

But for a first run :) excellent job

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x