Orthanc Raid Organisation

Place your democratic votes in all major kin decisions here!

Read post before voting! You can only choose 1 option per issue!

Issue 1 - One Team
No votes
Issue 1 - Two Teams
20%
Issue 2 - Same Days
6%
Issue 2 - Alternative Days
13%
Issue 3 - Fill Team 1, then Team 2
3%
Issue 3 - Leader decides your team
17%
Issue 4A - A Minimum Standard is fair
20%
Issue 4A - A Minimum Standard is NOT fair.
No votes
Issue 4B - Limit the number of Inexperienced/Undergeared players
17%
Issue 4B - DO NOT Limit the number of Inexperienced/Undergeared players
2%

Total votes: 98

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Re: Orthanc Raid Organisation

Post by Balthelion » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:36 pm

This is probably as balanced as its likely to get:

Monday Before - Next Orthanc signup thread goes up
Tuesday Before - Next Draigoch Signup thread goes up

Thursday - Orthanc Team 1 (Day 1).
Friday - Orthanc Team 1 (Day 2)
Saturday - Orthanc Team 2 (Day 1).
Sunday - Orthanc Team 2 (Day 2) - Draigoch Day 1
Monday - Orthanc Team 1 (Day 3) - Draigoch Day 2
Tuesday - Orthanc Team 2 (Day 3)
Wednesday - Open Day
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

tinuriwen
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Post by tinuriwen » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:56 pm

A question.

Wont the gap between ppl that can raid and ppl who cant, widden? Looking at the schedule, looks like we/you wont have a lot of time to play with new ppl, unless its the free day, or ppl arent tired after the raids.
If we move to orthanc and dragon raids on most of the week, wont that leave no room to go through other content with the ppl that are not geared or non 75, and need that content for items or marks, to then move to the raids?

I am willing to go through a lot of that content, as i have not done it yet, or i havent done it enough since im only 75 for 2 weeks, and back to playing for a month now. But i see a few ppl that were 3-6 lvls above me when i came back and are still in the 60s now. These ppl maybe dont have the time like i do, or arent engaged enough, or are slowly leaving lotro.

How about i make some casual groups from 65-75 or 70-75 specially for that? I would need adivice and help at the start on a few instances until i know them, and hopefully, after a while a new 75 could/would continue after i get tired and close the gap.

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Smaller runs like 6 mans can be arranged pretty much any time u can get a well composed fellowship together. DN takes 2-3 hours tops even if there's no 75's involved and it's gone through thoroughly to make sure people get the idea of what's gonna happen and what the mechanics are. I don't feel I'm up to leading it yet but I can definitely join on it if time permits, to make it easier. Would be hard to have a 65 tank and 75 dps. :p

I'm guessing most people need practice on the different kinds of mechanics and those people are usually dps/support/heal. Ofc there's some tanks too, but I think for tanks it's a bit easier since most of it is good positioning and a matter of who tanks what. This could be trained in raid skirms if there's a good leader to call out what to do.

To answer atleast some of your post: For a while (like with Draigoch was too) there's gonna be lots of runs to get atleast some people learn the mechanics involved in the new raid. These people will need to understand their class and some key mechanics in order to figure out how the different pulls and bosses work. When we get something under control it's way easier to bring in new people without taking big risks. I'm sure other content and lower lvl raids etc will be ran more often when the hype settles down and people start having more of the gear they want.

One issue with this thing might be the fact that when something is requested and that said run is being organized, there's only a few people joining in who aren't experienced with the content. I don't know if people aren't interested in raiding or if the timing doesn't fit but if it's not badly wanted (by many people), it's not gonna happen too often, I'm afraid. When I first got up to 56 and was trying to get to know content and also my role in a group, I was taken in on a GS run with mostly 65's. Then after a while and getting to 60, I was encouraged to sign up on a DN run to learn more and I'm still on the same path. :) The more u have time the more u have opportunities, even if they're not posted on the forums.

Hope I wasn't too off topic here. If I'm online and have the time, feel free to ask me to come run anything. :)
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:41 am

If we're talking other raids:
  • These can be run in the "raid times" on Wednesday, the open day
  • These can be run on any day, outside of the dedicated raiding times
  • These can be started from kinchat (no prior planning on the forums) during a raid time *after* the scheduled raid has started, or if for whatever reason it didn't go ahead.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:19 am

tinuriwen wrote:I voted with the crowd but felt like i shouldnt :D

I should have said NO to the unfair treatment of the "green" raiders.
I will start an ocuppy galtrev movement if you do not take care of us.
Elves have feelings and we are an even older and wiser race than men

Wiser??? Older yes, but look at the greed of elves that lead to the kin slaying and plunged middle earth into centurys of conflict as Elf murdered Elf!

Chuck em all on a leaky boat and let them swim west I say!

;)

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:25 am

Dumnomii wrote:
tinuriwen wrote:I voted with the crowd but felt like i shouldnt :D

I should have said NO to the unfair treatment of the "green" raiders.
I will start an ocuppy galtrev movement if you do not take care of us.
Elves have feelings and we are an even older and wiser race than men

Wiser??? Older yes, but look at the greed of elves that lead to the kin slaying and plunged middle earth into centurys of conflict as Elf murdered Elf!

Chuck em all on a leaky boat and let them swim west I say!

;)
Kiraal - Elf hunter :lol:
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:26 am

Perhaps the are wiser now? I mean they came through all that genocide and seem to have gotten over it, whereas as the race of man is still at that stage of development.

H
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:32 am

We REGUARLY have 30 lvl 75s on line.

These raids take 12 people out.

There is nothing to stop other events for lower level content being organised on the same days/times as the new content, or even having some other lvl 75 stuff like skirmish raids, foundry runs going on along side. We are a big enough Kin to do it.

The only days that will potentially be an issue are the ones orthanc and draigoch are both running side by side.

But there is still plenty of space given our numbers, okay a lot of our more expereinced leaders will want to be running the new content which is fair enough, but as has been stated many times anyone can stick up a DN or CD/Uru run, and there is a good chance a few of the more experienced players will be available to come along and offer help and advice.

Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

tinuriwen
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Post by tinuriwen » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:27 pm

And thats what i intend to do.
Just worried about losing the 60s if we dont engage them ;)

Ill go have a look at instances and try one out around lvl 65-70 and see if it works.

I do understand that ill get to a point where ill probably say no to GB for the 100000th time. Also if it was me actually, from 65 to 75 i wouldnt have gone to as much instances as i did since i was getting 150-200k xp every 2hours when i was questing. I would have hit 75 a couple of days sooner at least. Ill try.

The reason im maybe seeing something that isnt there, was that i was member of a big and good guild in Dark Age of Camelot since the beginning, that went downhill and had a big split when it started to be almost always the same 8-10 ppl pvping together and only included someone else when 1 or 2 were offline. It got to a point where that group was so much ahead in pvp abilities that the folk couldnt keep up and moved on to other places, as that group would prefer to always be the same core.

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Danfast wrote:Kiraal - Elf hunter :lol:

Ahhhh but she is Sindar not Noldor

And that was Dumn anyway speaking up for the maligned race of man, who where GIVEN freedom of choice, the firstborn where tied to the ways and thoughts of Ea. So either they let him down or Ea is fallible, and if God is fallible then <pop>

Opps did existence just end?