Weekly Skirmish Timetable

Place your democratic votes in all major kin decisions here!
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Weekly Skirmish Timetable

Post by Balthelion » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:34 pm

So, with skirmishes having weekly loot locks, and loot being shared across the campaign, maybe we should look at a weekly schedule so kin members can co-ordinate which raids to do as a kin and which to pug, so they don't lock themselves out of an upcoming kin run.

That gives us 11 Skirmishes which are open to Free/Premium players (some have epic storyline pre-quests). Lets ignore the Rift because of its advanced difficulty and pain in the arse to unlock nature.

That leaves us with 10 Skirms, across 4 campaigns.

Aims

We should not run multiple skirmishes from the same campaign in the same night. This means that if someone is after a piece of that campaign's loot, but can't make the night it's on because of RL or the group being full, they still get a shot or 2 at it later in the week.

2 Skirmishes per night seems to be a good idea for both time and content wise.

On the offchance we have time to run a third, we should consider running one of the VIP skirmishes. This gives the kin a chance to do VIP skirms as a kin. It also means that if people couldn't make it into the group for the first two skimishes, they may have a chance at getting into the group if anyone has to leave due to time issue or the fact that they don't have the third skirmish unlocked. This also doesn't punish free/premium members, as they will had had two skirmishes provided already.

Skirmish Timetables will be set up for the week (same timetable every week). After that, it's up to any of the officers/senior people to get the run started. It's not intended to be any one person's responsibility to lead the same day every week.. It's only a skirmish, not a proper raid. Theres very little tactics involved, so anyone should be able to get a group rolling and run the content for any given day.

Do one Defend skirmish, and one Attack skirmish per night, to add variety.

Proposed Timetable:
(Campaign colours match the loot list)

Thursday
  • Defend: Battle of the Deep-Way
  • Attack: Breaching the Necromancer's Gate
  • Optional VIP 3rd: Stand At Amon Sul
Friday
  • Defend: Siege of Gondamon
  • Attack: Assault on the Ringwraith's Lair
  • Optional VIP 3rd: Defence of the Prancing Pony
Saturday
  • Defend: Battle of the Way of Smiths
  • Attack: Strike Against Dannenglor
  • Optional VIP 3rd: Thievery & Mischief
Sunday
  • Defend: Battle of the Twenty-first Hall
  • Attack: Trouble In Tuckborough
  • Optional VIP 3rd: Ford of Bruinen
Monday
  • Defend: Protector's of Thangulhad
  • Attack: The Battle in the Tower
  • Optional 3rd: Anything Leftover

Comments on the above welcome :)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Flairin
Thunder-god
Thunder-god

Re: Weekly Skirmish Timetable

Post by Flairin » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:49 pm

as long as amon sul has a warden and thievery and mischief has two tanks sounds good
Flairin lvl 75 Rune-Keeper
Elthendir lvl 75 Hunter
Deagorn lvl 75 Champion
Thorelin lvl 72 Guardian
Delbrand lvl 65 Burglar
Eldrial lvl 46 Minstrel
Altheo lvl 46 Warden
Arthurion lvl 26 Captain
Isildun lvl 20 Lore Master

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:10 pm

It is nice to have one schedule since is less haotic, ppl will not ask "what we do tonight". This is all i can say about it since i barely did skirmishes (not my priority before RoI) and i barely know them, learning on the way the tactics ...
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:30 pm

LM's are great for Amon Sul cause they can debuff the dead without having to go all yellow. And now has 2 stun skills for dead ones, one aoe stun and one solo.
LM's are great to have around anyway, but always found that one particually easy to do. Oh, and Bruin too cause of the long range stun possibility, stun the leutenant and kill everyone else first. But Bruin also is a very good hunter skirmish.
Prancing Pony I've found it handy to stun the torch bearer and kill others. If a torch bearer + leutenant, then stun LT and have others (pet, soldier, fellows) kill the random mobs and LM concentrate on torch bearer. Or in a fellow have a hunter pick up the torch dude as soon as he is in range.

random mumbling from my part...

But the schedule looks OK I think.

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:01 am

Ok im gonna start running these, i will take monday and thursday. I can organise these skirms pretty much every week (except the 1 week in 5 that i work lates).

I will be running these starting from tonight, i will run them for about an 8pm start time so if everyone can be ready for about half 7 then we can even start early.
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Lagerfiend
Esquire
Esquire

Post by Lagerfiend » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:33 am

Same a a few others i didnt really do skirms before, so having set stuff to do is good for me.

I will ask that someone helps me with 'nigel' my man pet as im not sure if he is any good or not!
"I Love Fridays"
"Beer monster was already gone!"

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:49 am

Well I think judgement has been passed in favour of the proposal.

I'll set up an appropriate thread in the Events forum.

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Having the fixed timetable as long as we have the people to step up and form it is actually a good idea in reflection.

Sorry taken so long to vote but been having rumblings both ways in my head, but the main advantage of the fixed schedule is if you know you cannot make one night but its a skirmish you need , then its safe to pug it. Where as running it on the more ad hoc way then unless you had multi 75s you where forced to basically refrain from pugging all premium skirmishes.

So even though on the surface it amy look more inflexible to have the fixed schedule, its actualy gives individuals more flexablity. If that makes any sense :)

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Flexible. Like a russian gymnast. Mmmm.