Kin Raid Looting System

Place your democratic votes in all major kin decisions here!

Do you approve the proposed looting system

Yes
92%
No (Please explain why)
8%

Total votes: 26

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Re: Kin Raid Looting System

Post by Balthelion » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:54 pm

If it reaches a guy down the bottom of the list, the people high up aren't that interested in the item anyway, so its no big deal.

But yes, in theory, they do have "less to loose" so to speak.

-----

Now that it's been used in practice for a raid, hopefully those who attended can see how easy the system is in practice as well of the benefits of using it :)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:35 am

Never been on an offical raid in LOTRO so dont know how the loot timers work, , 12 people thinking about it could exceed the standard loot decision bar?

But seems a fair system to me, like I said with the Carn Dum raid I am all for a system that helps to make sure every one gets something from a raid, and using this even if you dont get a shiney you need the odds are you will have a better chance on the next one.

And if you new to raiding being near the bottom of the list isnt to bad as there is a good chance there will be some useful loot to you filtering down to the bottom that the more experienced memebers dont want to waste a suicide on

And given the big boys will be worried about there slots, and the lowest newbie doesnt loose anythign from suicidng , then people new to raiding will be getting something nice every raid but the big boys should at least garantee getting one of those things they have been after for AGES after 3 or 4 as a reward for there time / commitment and the fact there experience probally made the raid a success.

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:22 am

Dumnomii wrote:Never been on an offical raid in LOTRO so dont know how the loot timers work, , 12 people thinking about it could exceed the standard loot decision bar?
With master looter, there is no 30s loot timer like with roll/pass or need/greed/pass. You can take as long as you like. The Raid leader will then assign someone a piece of loot using a drop-down list of names once a decision has been made.
Dumnomii wrote:And if you new to raiding being near the bottom of the list isnt to bad as there is a good chance there will be some useful loot to you filtering down to the bottom that the more experienced memebers dont want to waste a suicide on

And given the big boys will be worried about there slots, and the lowest newbie doesnt loose anythign from suicidng , then people new to raiding will be getting something nice every raid but the big boys should at least garantee getting one of those things they have been after for AGES after 3 or 4 as a reward for there time / commitment and the fact there experience probally made the raid a success.
Raiding Veterans will likely be after 1-2 specific armour pieces to complete their set. In free-rolling pug groups, this could easily take weeks/months. Under SK rules, they can save up to be guaranteed the piece they need. This also helps to encourage veterans to come along and help out with the less experienced people. As an added benefit for the lesser experienced / new people, the veterans won't need most/any of the loot, so with veterans in the group you'll see a lot more passing and items going further down the list for suicide options.

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:50 am

and from what i know the suicide list is used only for raids, not for instances.
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:12 pm

andrac wrote:and from what i know the suicide list is used only for raids, not for instances.
Yes, the system is only used for raids, and specifically only for those with meaningful loot (ie, loot with good stats, not just stuff you would want for cosmetics)
  • Watcher
  • DN
  • BG
  • OD

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:45 pm

The only trouble I'm finding with being top of the list at the moment is that there is specific loot from a specific location I want (and I know we're going to run sooner or later), but that means missing out on other loot I could do with in the short term. I know I could get to the top of the list reasonably quickly, it just depends on how quickly we're going to do OD T2 ;)
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Cattiwen wrote:The only trouble I'm finding with being top of the list at the moment is that there is specific loot from a specific location I want (and I know we're going to run sooner or later), but that means missing out on other loot I could do with in the short term. I know I could get to the top of the list reasonably quickly, it just depends on how quickly we're going to do OD T2 ;)
Symbol of the Elder King? I wouldn't bother.

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:01 pm

I'm also after a Bracelet of the Tower (if it would ever drop). Maybe I'll just try and get 3xDN bits or something, but I'm pretty happy with my kit setup, it's just slightly lower on armour.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

Piiraadzins
Sergeant of the Guard
Sergeant of the Guard

Post by Piiraadzins » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:29 am

If a person has more then 1 alt ( almost all of you ) does each alt get his own spot or does only the main stay in the list and move up and down accordingly. Not that you don't progress with alts, just that your mains place is used when you raid with an alt.
Your place is your account's place - however many toons you have. So your main's place is used when raiding with an alt. You may notice that the people at the bottom of the list are often those with a few 75s :)