How Interested Are You In Raids?

Place your democratic votes in all major kin decisions here!

How Interested Are You In Raids?

I would like to raid often (say, weekly)
83%
I would like to raid fairly often (say, once every few weeks)
14%
I would like to raid rarely (say, once every month or two)
3%
I'm not interested in raiding
No votes

Total votes: 36

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Re: How Interested Are You In Raids?

Post by Netham » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Also, for the "real" reserves, this creates the problem and probability of not making it next week and thus losing your spot on the run you were supposed to have a spot on. Then signing up as a reserve for that run (that u can not make) would be really awkward and in any case you'd have to sign up normally on the next run, because you'd be punished if you're reserve but not available with a reason you knew beforehand.

Maybe this is a bit overly thought on some parts - the whole thing. I'm thinking we might not need this system in the long run. If we just weather out the holidays we'll see how many people can, want to and will commit to 3 nights a week on Orthanc. For Draigoch we had way more people who wanted to and were skilled enough to run, so I'm guessing we'll have a number of alts filling in on the 2 runs even if everyone interested joins up.
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:11 pm

The main reason for suggesting this is to avoid having to constantly monitor the forums for sign ups. The second Orthanc signup filled very quickly, problem is then that it gets very hard to get on popular raids, so you end up as a reserve. Then your only chance is to hang around hoping one or more people can't make it. Knowing that being a reserve you've guaranteed yourself a spot on the next run would be nice. I've already been criticised for asking about this though in another thread.

I don't really mind how it's done, it's just nice knowing that if you can't make a first raid you can get on another (multiple Orthanc raids in a week may solve this, however Orthanc is a multiple day raid until every tactic is sorted, so it's not like Draigoch where, knowing you can't get into a Thursday raid, you still have Sunday and Tuesday).
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

Wiploc
Master-At-Arms
Master-At-Arms

Post by Wiploc » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:41 pm

A lot of ideas are being tossed around - but as Neth indirectly points out, this is not and should not be made into rocket science. It is in fact a matter of giving everybody a go at raiding, plain and simple; no matter if the player is a uni student or a 0900-1700 worker.
So, whether it will be a suicide list, a three-stage system or something completely different, we will have to keep it simple. And we will without a doubt have difficulties in finding that one-fits-all solution (might as well accept the fact that no matter the system, some will be in disagreement). In my opinion, most of the ideas will probably work - at least better than today when some of the same people are "left behind" week after week.

As far as I am concerned, we can start testing the ideas until we find an acceptable solution (actually starting out just having a look at how it goes with the new schedule as Neth and Hal point to). I will quite quickly become evident whether or not we need to find another way.

Note:
In terms of "exploitation" of a list - trying to get on next weeks list; Can honestly say that it is not a concern of mine. I wouldn't even call it an exploit. Remember that people only signup for the reserve spot if there are indeed no spots left for their particular class. So if they are not needed on that nights run, they actually do deserve/reserve an initial spot for next week - and that way we make sure that it is not the "regular" 12 with a 24/7 internet connection having a go at that first "sure run" of every week. This is in fact the whole point of finding a system. And transferring the reserves to next weeks signup where they can then confirm or punch out is not an issue. There should be plenty of time to sort those minor details. But, any good plan falls apart when confronted with reality - meaning that there will issues and we will have disagreement... which is quite cool acutally as that will most likely get us to dig even deeper into things :)
"Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?"

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:45 pm

TBH this is probably a non-issue.

With 2 teams of 12 running in the new year, everyone who WANTS to come, and is PREPARED (gear etc) to come, should be able to get in one of the raid groups every week.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Grim
Captain General
Captain General

Post by Grim » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:54 pm

probably true bal, we'll see how its going in january when we start the proper schedule and reassess if theres still problems.
Grimhelmd - 75 Guardian
Turrion - 75 Captain
Tergon - 75 Loremaster
Terrann - 20 Warden
Grimthryd - 20 Champion
Grimharl - 9 Minstrel
Grimfoil - 1 Burglar

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Indeed, should be a non-issue, however will come around any time a new instance is released. Agree entirely with what Grim has said, it should be entirely visible if people are abusing any sort of system, but given all the usual caveats (correctly geared and experienced), I would expect (depending upon the number of 75s we have) that everyone that could go to a raid, should be able to get on it within a week or two of it being released.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion