Kin Lottery

Place your democratic votes in all major kin decisions here!

Are you interested in a weekly kin lottery & How much would you pay per ticket?

No - I'm not interested.
9%
Yes - I'd Pay 50s-100s per ticket
32%
Yes - I'd pay 100s-500s per ticket
55%
Yes - I'd pay 500s-1g per ticket
5%

Total votes: 22

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Kin Lottery

Post by Balthelion » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:37 am

So, since other kins like doing some sort of lottery, would you guys be interested in setting up a lottery for ours?

The exact rules/operation of the lottery system havent been decided (but if anyone here has previous experience of a kin/guild lottery system, feel free to suggest ideas!)

Also how much would people be willing to pay to enter a lottery? Obviously the more money in the pot, the more winnings there will be! But I wouldn't want lower level members being "priced out" of the opportunity to enter. Also, would we want one winner, or the winnings split say 80/20 with a winner, runner up?
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Thormok
Guardsman
Guardsman

Re: Kin Lottery

Post by Thormok » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:58 pm

I think around 100-150S would be a decent sum if we get enough players. The pot will still be high, and it's something that everyone can afford to put aside. Splitting the winnings seems a bit negative in my opinion though. The winner will be grumpy for not getting it all and the runner up will be grumpy for not winning. :P
Ex-Ranger.

Hardric
The Elhirphant
The Elhirphant

Post by Hardric » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Democracy in action. A refreshing change for the UK who don't seem to have had an elected PM for some time.....

I'd pay to enter a lottery, but I'm not really interested in a cash prize. Any ideas what else we could offer? Crafted items would be one obvious answer, but we tend to offer these for free anyhow. I'd be up for house decorations but most seem to be BOA. Keg of beer perhaps?

HS
In the world before Monkey, primal chaos reigned.

http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2550 ... 377944157/

Mains (75): Elhiredriel/Elharwen/Felgard/Hardric
Levelling: Elhirphant/Ashrisa/Elhiras
Alts: Feldin/Hardalin

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:04 pm

The problem with item based rewards is that theres usually a level restriction to go with it. And of course higher leveled items are much better in stats/looks etc.

Theres also the problem with obtaining said items - Barter rewards from skirmishes for example. The last thing i want is another forced grind placed on myself :P

But I'm open to ideas and (good ideas for) donations!

As it stands, ticket price looks like it will be 200-250s.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Going to do a trial run this weekend, using the system I've cobbled together which i shall try to outline below (refer to screenshot attachment):

Note: This is currently being done via an Excel spreadsheet, but with a bit of work could be maintained and visible to the public via the wesbite

Ticket price will be 200s. You may buy as many tickets as you like. Tickets sold will be numbered 1,2,3 and so on.

There will be a roll-over chance of 30%. This means that the money may not be won by a player, but will rollover to an even bigger sum next week.

The 30% rollover chance is treated as if there are 30% extra tickets. So if there are 100 Tickets sold, the roll range is from 1-130.

There will (for now at least) be only one winner. Winner takes all the jackpot.

The Lottery will eventually be used to raise kinhouse rent as well provided it proves successful enough (This simply removes 300s x Number of weeks rent due from the jackpot).

The winning Ticket will be decided by an in-game /roll and the winner announced in-game. Draws are expected to take place weekly on Sundays at 6pm UK time. Ticket Purchasing will be closed 30 minutes prior to draw time (any tickets bought after this time will go into next weeks draw).

Kinnies are welcome to join a fellowship/raid to witness the draw. As this is currently being done via a spreadsheet, it is difficult to make the ticket list public. However an up-to-date final list of Ticket numbers and their owners will be placed on the website prior to the draw to ensure fairness and transparency. This will also be linked in-game a few minutes prior to the draw to people can check their number(s).

IF YOU WISH TO ENTER THE LOTTERY:
Send an in-game mail to HOLIBRAND (an alt of Balthelion who will act as treasurer for this week at least) with the subject LOTTERY

In the message say how many tickets you want - for example "2 Tickets"

Include the appropriate money in the send money part of the mail - Remember it's 200s/Ticket!
Attachments
RoE-Lottery.png
RoE-Lottery.png (48.51 KiB) Viewed 6319 times
RoE-Lottery.png
RoE-Lottery.png (48.51 KiB) Viewed 6319 times

Dogtanian

Post by Dogtanian » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:10 am

Its a great idea to have a Kin lottery.

So as to not price the lower levels out it should probably be aimed towards them so 100 - 200 silver per ticket would be fair.

Those of higher levels probably won't need the G that this produces but can always play for fun or bragging rights - and if they dont need the G I always welcome donations to the Dog fund!

Most importantly for it to succeed we need to be pestered about buying tickets - I will forget most weeks without being poked because my brain resembles a puddle of mud

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:07 am

Having a bit of trouble finding how often the lottery will take place. But a 200-500s note per month is well within my allowance. So If that's the case, sign me up Scotty!

Per week seems a bit steep. But let me know how it turns out.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:32 pm

It's been on hold since around the launch of F2P, but i think it'll be back in the new year.

As we have a lot of new people now (and most of them with gold limits) I suspect ticket price will go down (maybe 100s) in the hope that many more people will enter to make up the numbers.

Madrin
Questionable Morals
Questionable Morals

Post by Madrin » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:26 pm

Sounds good m8ty, and if alot sign up with 100s the jackpot can even be bigger then with 200s :)
At your service, and your family's!

Nalkalaz

Post by Nalkalaz » Thu May 12, 2011 1:28 am

Perhaps tickets of a lower cost would suit all levels better, perhaps somewhere below 100s.

If you have extra cash to splash around then you can just buy more tickets to suit your pocket.