Auto Loot Vs The Suicide List

Place your democratic votes in all major kin decisions here!
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Re: Auto Loot Vs The Suicide List

Post by Balthelion » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:42 am

Arc wrote:
andrac wrote:i missed one day and suddenly all of you got symbols :))
No. :(
http://youtu.be/o22i_gqAf_o?t=51s
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Just a point. At this point in time this discussion has become rather pointless. The moment BG became farmed by RoE to death was the point where you might as well throw the loot list out of the window and shout what is the point??? If people are taking the easy option (cant blame them their only human) and are already getting the loot they would be suiciding for anyway then movement on the suicide list is dead. While the element of challenge out of the window and those only interested in symbols are grinding them to their hearts content there is little more for the loot list to do.

Blame turbine if you will however they only provided the tool, the people them exploited this for their own gains. Personally there may be some point to the suicide list in the future, however until the grind ends you might as well shelf it
EvE - Nostborn Amatin / Steam - Nostborn / Raptr - Nostborn

https://zkillboard.com/character/93160905/

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:27 am

While BG is certainly nerfing the desire for people to suicide for symbols from other sources, theres still plenty of stuff that doesnt use auto loot and remains viable for suicides

+ Skirm Loot
+ Orthanc (Clasps, Elders, Crystals until they they bug fix and even then still for 75FA'gers)
+ Draigoch (Scales, some loot pieces also still viable)

And if people still want to apply the suicide list to BG (and presumably OD too in the likely scenario it will use auto loot too), then theres even more movement from those drops.

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:36 am

Where i may agree with you the skirm loot suicide is all but gone with most people having the gear they need already and most of it going to rolls for the odd, i could use that to play with gear setup we were getting perhaps one a week (excluding the symbol drop). Clasp and ToO stuff, sure there is need however to counter this, why would people suicide on a 75 first age when you can get a 85 second with highly comparable stats when fully leveled for no effort at all? personally think the BG grind has all but killed that personally but we wont know that until ToO is ran again.

So personally with the additions and people on mass wanting to prove they can grind the quickest for the best gears and assume they are great the suicide list will diminish to such levels it was when orthanc and draigoch were last ran. one possibly 2 drops per week which makes it rather pointless with that amount of movement.

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:46 am

Having missed the fun until tonight, so people where all ready jaded and we only ran BG what 4 times? Since I was on anyway, but in that time half a dozen tarnished droped plus crystals and nice teal jewelry, then yeah I can see the temptation why grind anything else when thats a MONTHs worth of loot grinding skirms 4 nights a week........... :o

But I cannot see how turbine can leave BG in this state , it is borked beyond imagination, either a daily quest , raid timer or massivley nerfed drop rate has to be bought in soon..... surely?

But also with dailys to do on christams event, gona be hard to ifnd enough time to grind it all atm, sucks only got 1 stat tome from festivla dailys today, I have NEVER had one ever from any other content and drop rate again seems very high listening to global. Tubrine do seem to be shooting them selves in the foot by removing a lot of the grind.

But nost is right I wanted to do ToO T2 because its there :) but also people where suciding for WSotEK because tarnished symbols where so stupidly hard to get, now I dont see any where near as much incentive to suicde for them.

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:56 am

BG Durchest, Was/Has/IS being ground into the floor with around 10 runs per night. hence most people have multiple symbols and multiple versions of some of the teal loot that is to be had from there.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:20 am

nostborn wrote:Where i may agree with you the skirm loot suicide is all but gone with most people having the gear they need already and most of it going to rolls for the odd
I'm still not fully geared on Brya. Iarn only has a pocket item. Fyore has nothing iirc. I still need a lot of skirms. It's still the best loot (Although a couple of identical (or slightly lower) stated alterntive iterms have cropped up in U9)
nostborn wrote:Clasp and ToO stuff, sure there is need however to counter this, why would people suicide on a 75 first age when you can get a 85 second with highly comparable stats when fully leveled for no effort at all?
A lot of classes can use an LI where more points for legacies is more important than leveling the main stat (DPS, incoming healing) etc. Elders have been suicided on in a flash by those at the top of the list every time when we've run Orthanc lately.
Dumnomii wrote:But also with dailys to do on christams event, gona be hard to ifnd enough time to grind it all atm, sucks only got 1 stat tome from festivla dailys today, I have NEVER had one ever from any other content and drop rate again seems very high listening to global. Tubrine do seem to be shooting them selves in the foot by removing a lot of the grind.
Removing? You wouldn't believe that if you read the lotro forums comments! Though I have to say, since they addressed the (contructive) feedback in beta, i'm not finding it to be too bad a grind at all. Quite enjoying it in fact.

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:38 am

Im not saying that the Loot in skirms isnt good or even the best however i am saying that the need for it has diminished and the rate of suiciding of any skirm loot has dropped considerably and this is largely due to most people having the main pieces they need to give the largest net benefit to the character, therefore most items are going for rolls. Even the decline of the actual skirm raids themselves suggests this, bountiful skirm raids 3 times a week turned into when people decided they wanted to try for that last bit they really needed. Yes this can be put down to lack of willing to lead them however a drop of this rate wouldn't suggest this.

And where i see the benefit of the 75 first age class items the difference between the 85 2nd and the 75 firsts is a smaller amount to what it was when we first started ToO back up again, also bringing into account the drop rate of the symbols means these were the better option compared to the time spent leveling and polishing an 85 3rd age factoring in the price of the 85 crystals as well.

However as with any Mass grind that most humans participate in. This sudden rise in loot quality and quantity in such a short time inevitably means the markets on such items will crash causing the prices of these to hit the floor (already happened even after 2 days), further reducing the grind if you will or time needed in order to get all the items for a fully buffed 85nd age which if i am not mistaken will be 7 levels on one legacy shy of fully leveled. Seeing as most people add at least one stat legacy to an item which is merely stat buffing and therefore doesnt need to be leveled as fully the need for the first age drops even more.

Only time will tell whether this truely effects the suicides in ToO as we will not know until we have done another run however as for me i need a nap after that post, its tired me out a little bit :D

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:59 am

Mileage varies per leagcy in terms of cost, but generally you'll get no more than 4 maxed legacies plue the basic one (DPS/whatever) with a second ager. And that's fully emp'd. Thats 3 unranked legacies. Using a FA'ger means you can get usage out of a few more.

Plus, Starlit seem to be bloody useless at 85 (I've been getting 0.7DPS extra per crystal). At 75, the first one made a HUGE jump, the second two less but still considerably more than now. Assuming thats still the case (and applies to 75FA, since i only ever had SA'gers to see this on) its another string advantage to the 75FA.

nostborn
Disturber of the Peace
Disturber of the Peace

Post by nostborn » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:13 am

The jump on first agers is no more than the .7 dps you get with 85 for the first one.

And havent yet fully maxed a 85 2nd however there are a few i have seen with a decent spread of leg levels. Also remember the 85 standard dps/hps is slightly better than fully level, will be able to give examples tomorrow however arc has a good site for this in graph form