Auto Loot Vs The Suicide List

Place your democratic votes in all major kin decisions here!
Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Re: Auto Loot Vs The Suicide List

Post by Hal » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Danfast wrote:Another thing that annoyed me is the xp from crafting and from the festival quests.
1) Lots of people consider Craft XP to be a good thing, and several other MMOs have shown that it works well

2) Festival EXP already existed. I've used it for years to grind my lowbies up to roughly level 15

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Shame is that they didn't make that xp disabler an auto thing, something like turn on/off.
They added one in the store for 500tp. Many people complained about this. I can leave with it, but liked a free option to turn off this xp.
Leveling is fast as it is, didn't feel the need to get xp from crafting as well.
You're probably right about the festival xp also, I didn't bother to do them in the past, just doing that daily for a chance on symbols now.
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Still thinking about it. Leaning towards testing the new system but haven't got a definitive answer made up yet.

Panthelion

Post by Panthelion » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:36 am

As you all know, I'm not a hardcore player due to lack of time. Therefore, the auto-loot system might be an easier way for me and "semi-casual" players like to get shinies, Celes and the likes. Nevertheless, I think that SK is a little bit fairer as "distribution tool", so I'd go for SK. Besides, a casual player is, as the name specifies, casual, so he/she may not be in termendous need of getting the latest piece of jewellery as hardcore players.
Obviously, SK makes the process of getting good loot long (it took me months to get those damned Draigoch Scales!!) but in the end, this is not a problem to me, I like playing the game, so even if I have to wait a little bit because other kinnies are higher than me in the List, well... that's ok!
Panthelion - Your Neighbourhood Champion

Bjoras
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Bjoras » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:05 pm

After last nights BG farm I'm more convinced that the auto-loot is a good thing. The number of drops were really high and most of us got a symbol(Eya even got two I believe!) as well as plenty of crystals to go around. Not sure what the others thought, but I'm under the impression that everyone liked it.
Apart from poor Arc. :P
Bjoras - 85 Champ
Silianu - 85 Cappy
Daerod - 85 Burglar

And 13 more useless characters.

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Well I've got 2 symbols and 3 crystals (1 from a pug done after our runs). Was a good night for me, but it's again unfair for the ones who also win only bounties and relics.
Hopefully there is a balance on rolls if we continue to do full raid T1, T2 or T2 HM, so everyone gets a symbol or a crystal.
Otherwise if we farm all the time the same boss some people still might not get anything important.
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

Baz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Baz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:03 pm

After doing multiple runs over the last 24 hours I have to say the auto-loot system is defo not a fair way to distribute loot. That being said, it is only BG that it concerns atm. and the gear isn't amazing, so I don't mind.

I really would not like to use it for any content that drops real upgrades or sought after items though. There were a few runs consecutively last night for example where Wip never won anything and I only won vendor trash.

I Imagine folks would be pissed off if that was the case on an instance with weekly locks and consecutive weeks all they won was trash........

But like I said, BG has no locks and for the time being can be farmed......until theat is fixed ofc.....

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:12 pm

i missed one day and suddenly all of you got symbols :))
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Farming BG T1 doesn't throw up many issues in terms of the normal items that drop, the loot table isn't huge so multiples usually drop and they are BoE. The issues come with Symbols and Crystals, now the prices are dropping dramatically but they still cost a bit. Some people are happy to hand them over to kinnies for free, I think however that some would feel a bit hard done by and would like money for them. This is where the issue of auto-loot is most contentious. First three runs on BG I won 2 crystals and 1 symbol, the next four or five runs we did (I can't remember how many in total) I got 1 jewellery drop and the rest just bounties. Now I guess for me that averaged out, but some didn't get very much at all. One would suspect over alot of runs things should average out, but not over a smaller number.

The other option is for one person to gather all the loot over multiple runs, then to either ensure everyone gets one of each item, or if there aren't enough to either use the list, or to have everyone roll and to start at the top of the list assigning each person's choice according to what they've rolled. When you get to the end you go back to the first person.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

Arc

Post by Arc » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:01 am

andrac wrote:i missed one day and suddenly all of you got symbols :))
No. :(
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman