Auto Loot Vs The Suicide List

Place your democratic votes in all major kin decisions here!
Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Re: Auto Loot Vs The Suicide List

Post by Netham » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:22 pm

I got all legs except the 2 stat legs full on my tanking weap (no remembrance yet so only 6 legs so far), stat legs at t4 and t5 iirc. Anyway, the crystals aren't the frosting on my cake anymore (not that I had even one on a 75SA).
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Arc

Post by Arc » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:57 pm

I haven't yet commented on this debated topic for a very simple reason; I just don't know what to think, I can't make up my mind - not YET anyway. And that point is another alternative I want to throw into the mix here: I think discussing which option/policy would be 'better' to go for (or at least wanting to decide on one) is very premature, at this stage. Because one thing that strikes me is; this looting system, as it is today, cannot be complete in terms of what's intended. It just can't. While it seems clear that Turbine has wanted to help the 'casual' (or even single/non-grouping/non-raiding) player, they cannot at the same time take a piss on all the vast number of kinships in this game that use SK/DKP (or similar) systems to distribute loot between participants, by unilaterally imposing a system that COMPLETELY DISREGARDS the looting rule (and quality) parameter(s) set by the group leader - no matter what the setting, the result is the same.

I strongly suspect that will see, in the very near future, some form of adapting the auto-loot system to be governed by the looting parameters set for the group (possibly with modifications to the existing parameters in the process); i.e. some form of 'free-for-all' mode where, like now, everyone gets their individual loot from the server automatically, but also some form of 'master-looter' mode where all the loot (of a certain quality or higher) pops up on the leader's screen for manual distribution through whatever agreed-upon policy. Both modes probably subjected to 'loot quality' setting as well.

This is something that Turbine has to have been aware of already in the planning-stage of implementing it (to be frank; if the devs haven't thought of this before developing it, they really are woefully unqualified for the job), and they should already have that piece of the puzzle in the pipeline, close to being released.

We're far from the only kinship out there using a loot-distribution system - and most likely all the others who do are having much the same discussion right about now - and if Turbine continues to disrespect kinships such as us by not solving this problem very soon, I strongly suspect there will be hell to pay - a massive uproar the likes of which probably hasn't been seen since the Radiance protests! :D

All that being said, I agree with pretty much everything that has been said in this thread (by everyone) from the start. The problem is that represents both sides of the fence, as it were, and all have very valid points (and concerns).
I still can't help but think we're jumping the gun a bit here, though. While I think it was good of Bal to raise the topic to begin with - and by that I mean to get everyone THINKING about it, and formulating an oppinion after a while of testing - I think we shouldn't make any hasty decisions about it as yet. I think all we can do for now is to treat these instances which use the new auto-loot system as separate from everything else, and continue to apply our loot policies to that which we can still control; so as to avoid the issues with politics and dissention that may arise if we start dictating what different ppl are/aren't 'allowed to have', etc.

In other words: we have a system that have been working for us up to now. We shouldn't try to change what works until we know for certain which end conditions we will be changing it for - lest we run the risk of having to change it soon again, because the underlying conditions have changed once more.
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

Arc

Post by Arc » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:59 pm

nostborn wrote:The jump on first agers is no more than the .7 dps you get with 85 for the first one.

And havent yet fully maxed a 85 2nd however there are a few i have seen with a decent spread of leg levels. Also remember the 85 standard dps/hps is slightly better than fully level, will be able to give examples tomorrow however arc has a good site for this in graph form
My deepest apologies - I've completely forgotten to share this resource, as I meant to do months ago!

It is up on the forums under Useful Resources. :)
Archturus (the 'h' is silent!!) -- Rune-keeper, 105; Tailor
Deorwen -- Warden, 88+; Jeweller (+ Cook)
Gilbrindal -- Captain, 100; Historian
Kitsunegari -- Huntress, 100; Weaponsmith
Safirlotus -- Minstrel, (65+); Scholar
Skullrend -- Guardian, (52+); Jeweller
Nareraumo -- LM, (40+); Yeoman

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:33 pm

HUmmm I really not 100% sure on whats best on this overall I think Bal is very right in this could become very divisive,

But I can say a HUGE thanks to Neth, Baz and Hal who have already shared there newly won goodies from the random system loot with me.

And I am sure many others have as well, I know BG farm is boring but its quick fast and well a chance to share lots of goody with all the kin. And at the moment yes it does make suidcide list a joke.

But this thread as Arc / Bal said was well worth getting some thought moving, about in the future say hay we handle 1st age lvl 85 symbols.

Long term I would be loathe to abandon the suicide list for just for random rolls again, where one or two have everything and many have nothing.

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x