The auto-looting system introduced in Update 9 currently applies to the new "Road To Erebor" 3-mans, and the Mirkwood Dol Guldur cluster. Theres also some degree of (broken) implementation in skirmishes, although to my knowledge this only will (or is) applies to the junk chest, and the loot chest remains as always under usual loot rules.
Now, since this system automatically assigns loot to people - Loot that they are technically still /rolling for against the server, and acquiring loot if they win - This brings it into direct conflict with the Suicide List as a means of loot distribution.
Now, my personal opionion is that the Suicide list works. It's fair. While it's use for all other content remains assured, I'd agree with other kinnies that i'd like to also see it used in BG. And with BG added into the fold, to complement skirmishes, ToO & Draigoch runs (the latter of which has admittedly been a while), We're going to be seeing some fantastic weekly movement on the list.
That said, I see the issue where people are in a situation where they finally get an awesome bit of loot via Auto-loot. Lets say a Tarnished Cele, for example. Something that palyer has been desperate to get, but maybe hasn't had the time or luck to acquire. At which point the kinship says "Sorry, you can't have that. It's going to suicides, hand it over". Personally, I feel that's a bit like being loot nazis, Potentially being unfair or alienating to casual/newer members of the kin who come to the raid. My fear is that this could be seen as some sort of dictatorship for loot, which nudges us more towards being a "hardcore" kinship, which i don't want. The last thing I want is some internal kin politics over an issue like this, because - quite frankly - I've grown tired of some of the disputes that have cropped up over the last year and been blown out of proportion.
So that's what this post is about really - How we intend to adapt to or integrate the new auto-loot system into our kinship. We have two main options:
Just Let auto-loot do its thing
- Let the system work as intended
- People get shiny loot if they win rolls against the server, while not denying other players of their chance in the process (If Two Agi classes both roll above the magic number behind the scenes, they can both get the super rare shiny item)
- If a kinny doesn't need the item, they can do what they like with it. That could mean AH, but i suspect (for items/gear at least) they would offer it for free to kinnies that might be interested in it.
- Everything that drops, even though it's in a certain players bags already would have to be treated as property of the kinship until the end of loot assignment
- Suicides to be offered on the loot as per normal rules.
- Rolls to be done on any items remaining after suicides
- The player with custody of the item in question will have to player trade it to the winner.
- If no-one wants to roll on it, presumably it stays with the player who has custody of it. Again, to sell on AH or donate to kinnies not in the raid at their discretion.
Now i know that the majority of the vocal people on the forums are the more regular raiders.
And by extension, i suspect that the majority of them would be in favour of maintaining suicide list use for new raids implementing auto-loot.
Which is why i'd love to hear EVERYONE'S opinion on this issue, no matter how new/inexperienced/whatever you might be, to ensure a fair outcome for all.
All voices will be heard.
This isn't a poll (yet), merely a discussion. And nothing will be actioned until the new year at the earliest.
This weeks BG will just be using the auto-loot as intended, to allow us to progress through the raid as fast as possible and learn the changes, since the lack of locks means we can't come back another day to finish it.