Suicide Rule Amendments

Place your democratic votes in all major kin decisions here!

What measures do you think we should take?

Disallow the bottom person from Suiciding
10%
One suicide per night
50%
No changes
35%
Don't Know
5%

Total votes: 20

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Suicide Rule Amendments

Post by Balthelion » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:25 pm

based on recent discussions, two main points to discuss:

1) Should the bottom person (or 2 persons) be stopped from suiciding to prevent regularly taking items that pass down to them.

AND/OR

2) Should suicides be limited to once per night instead

Not that I'm trying to say anyone in kin is like this, but (2) leaves open the possibility that someone gets a suicide, and doesnt want to skirmish anymore that evening as there is no incentive. While (1) Might be considered a harsh measure.

Discuss.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Egelinath
Hard Boiled
Hard Boiled

Re: Suicide Rule Amendments

Post by Egelinath » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:29 pm

I'd like to suggest another option to go along with option 1:

If the individual has suicided that raid or in the case of skraids, that night, then if it were to make down to that individual, it should go to rolls automatically, imo. If, however, the person started at the bottom in the raid or on the night, then the first item should be allowed as a suicide. But subsequent items would fall under caveat from above.

Just my two cents.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:19 am

So basically option 2 :)
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:36 am

Killing my cunning plan but went for the "one per night" option. Seems fair to me.

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:47 am

I disagree with a suicide once a night rule because on nights with good suicide movement, you could suicide in the first skirmish (or whatever), and then in another couple of skirmishes time could have climbed some more places on the list (to 7/8 th on the night say), which is a perfectly valid place to suicide from again.

I would possibly agree that we should consider stopping the 12th on a skirmish from suiciding, as they can take loot free gratis (although it can be argued that no one was interested in it enough to bother suiciding for it, so why shouldn't they be able to) and the system is open for exploiting that way (not that any of us would ofc)

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:24 am

discutions, discutions ... my opinion is that ppl want to keep their spots for the future stuff and dont want to suicide for the skirmish loot? it was expected to happens this, and indeed the first point is a little harsh, so only remains standing the second one, only one suicide per day.
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Baz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Baz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:15 am

I vote for 1 per night and rolls thereafter.

Bullett
Master Guardsman
Master Guardsman

Post by Bullett » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:33 am

same as Baz i think it the best way

Cattiwen
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Cattiwen » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:36 am

One suicide per night. If list movement is good then once you reach the person highest on the list who has already suicides it goes to rolls. Main issue is that skirmishes gear isn't that brilliant so doesn't promote suicides but not so worth rolling for.
Cattiwen - Lvl 85 Hunter
Cattibrien - Lvl 85 Runekeeper
Thorinyn - Lvl 24 Guardian
Cattiwin - Lvl 24 Captain
Cattiwyn - Lvl 18 Champion

Obion
Loading…

Post by Obion » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Been having this rolling around in my head for a while and have some thoughts.

There are people who don't suicide until that lvl280 FA symbol mysteriously appears, or that piece of jewelry with a gazillion points on it. We will not have a lot of movement on the list. It is still their right and I don't want to change that.
But why should it limit me to get what I want?
Seeing I don't really care. Some 20 extra will ,or whatever, will not make me a better player. But it allows me to have some fun and try out different sets.

So, if I am last on SK list and an item comes all the way down for me to choose, why not let me suicide for it? Clearly no one above wanted it, or just hoping they can win a roll for it and thus getting a freebie while still maintaining their spot on the list.

While I think 1 per day is still the most fair, I'm opting to let people do what they want. Suicide or don't is still a matter of personal choosing.