SK List Cleanup

Place your democratic votes in all major kin decisions here!

How long (if ever) should it be before someone still in the kin gets removed from the SK list?

2 Months (60 Days)
No votes
3 Months (90 Days)
24%
6 Months (180 Days)
40%
1 Year (360 Days)
16%
Never
16%
Other (Please post explanation)
4%

Total votes: 25

Obion
Loading…

Re: SK List Cleanup

Post by Obion » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:50 pm

andrac wrote:
Aedfrith wrote:um, Mannu came back Andy...

ppl only want smooth runs and they are afraid to take other ppl who may fail
Say what?

Dumnomii

Post by Dumnomii » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:18 pm

I voted one year as it doesnt really matter if there is dead wood on the list, BUT there has to be a cut off eventually else over time the list will just grow and grow and well you get the idea.

And I think its normally 1 year that they get purged from kin to make space as well?? If those not in the kin are getting purged anyway makes sense for the two timers to be the same.

Dumnomii - Chimp 100, Kiraail - Hunter 7x, Skidald - Grd 5x, Angmia - LM 4x
Skaven - RK 2x, Merrywin - Mini 8x, Kenne - Ward 3x, Xavin - Cpt 4x. Zaphyri - Burg 1x

eyandil
Man-At-Arms
Man-At-Arms

Post by eyandil » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:30 pm

I would vote 6 to 12 months if the person doesn't give some indication for his absence.

Eyandil
----
Eyandil - Elf Hunter lv85
Eyanthil - Elf RK lv 85
Bodgi - Dwarf Guardian lv 85
Eraod - Man Captain lv 34
Skuldul - Dwarf Champion lv 37
Taamo - Hobbit Minstrel lv 43
Dalaharn - Elf Warden lv 31
Wogo - Hobbit Burglar lv 21

Baz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Baz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Some meanies in this kin pfft! 3 months 6 folks voted for. That's hardly any time at all....... :roll:

Wiploc
Master-At-Arms
Master-At-Arms

Post by Wiploc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Voted 6 month as people being afk for a while can easily state it in the forums - and as the list is already fairly long I don't mind being a bit tight about it. Obviously, dead wood makes no difference but I just...like things to be as updated as possible (whether that is a good or bad trait I don't know but hey).

It should be noted though that if nine months had been an option then that would have been my choice - as it would cover spring, summer and fall. This makes the usual winter gamers fall inside the window and at the same time helps the administration as compared to 12 months...erm nvm...throwing a non-existing option into the mix is really just noice isn't it :D
"Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?"

Gestgils
Footman
Footman

Post by Gestgils » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:07 pm

Never!

being in the kin means you know your rights and obligations. As far as I have read the forum there is nowhere listed that you have to participate in SK list activity. This is enough for me to say that the only requirement to be on the list is to be a ranger of eriador. If they play they deserve the place they are on that moment, regardless of how many times they play. Hardly or even not at all playing the SK list activity means they also have litlle chance of taking an item. The dead wood thing....

Gandalf left the fellowship of Thorin to fight what was left of sauron. The dwarfs were very upset with gandalf for leaving without saying a word why but he went to fight and he came back. There are many great deeds in midlle earth, let not make us judge what deed is greater. I like the main rule of this kin, contribute and ask in fear proportion. Let us not say what contributions count more then others!

Question: What has initiated this poll? The fear of loosing a prime item? The need to be on nr one spot? A way to atract more players to the SK list activity? I hope the last one because the 2 others aren't that positive. Once being an allaince leader in a different game gave me the lesson that to much rules scare people away. Trowing someone of the list may result in that someone, who is maybe a great standard player, quiting the alliance all together (in dutch we have a saying: being kicked on the shinbone). 'whell if that is the case I'm off!' Better way to use that information is to pm the player to lure him back to the skirms: 'you know you are on an awsome good place on the list, .......' But that is ofcourse more work for the officers what is the second thing I learned back then not to overload my officers with work or they will quit since this is a playgame not a workgame.

So: Leave the list be, use the colours, it makes the list realy x-massy

Gestgils

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:28 pm

The list gets increasingly huge over time. Often many people aren't in the kin anymore (and these can be removed independantly to this topics theme), however there are also a lot of people on the list who havent played in ages, and to our knowledge, haven't told anyone that they are planning extended time away from the game. In a lot of cases - though probably not all - they may never come back. We aren't talking about removing people who can only raid once a month. We're talking about people who havent even logged into the game in 6 months, 9 months, a year or beyond.

A very long list of names is intimidating to newer members who are unfamiliar with how the list works, who then may feel that the system is unfair, or that there is no point joining raids because it will be ages before they acquire items.

Currently, yes, theres nothing that will result in you removed from the list except leaving the kin really. That's what this topic is about, and why everyone in the kin from top to bottom is being asked about their opinions.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Danfast
Second Marshall
Second Marshall

Post by Danfast » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:33 pm

On my count there are 84 people on the suicide list which seems way too much and it takes ages in raids to go along such a long list.
From these 84 I counted 31 that can be removed from my point view. These 31 are split up into 3 categories:

- people who are not in the kin anymore
- people who have not been active for at least 6 months (if this is the period agreed upon removal without any other notification)
- people who have been on 1 or 2 runs and I have never heard of or have never seen them online (no offence)
Danfast - 85 Gu
Elenarwen - 85 Lm
Elenad - 85 Ch
Healerosi - 85 Mi
Kapetanos - 85 Ca
Hrethgir - 85 Bu
Falaim - 26 Hu
Beryc - 15 Rk
Failmeister - 14 Wd

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Yep - another point being that the administration of the list during raids is taking ever increasing amounts of time, which could be better spent actually doing stuff.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Hal
RIVEN!!!
RIVEN!!!

Post by Hal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Gestgils wrote:Better way to use that information is to pm the player to lure him back to the skirms: 'you know you are on an awsome good place on the list, .......'
We wish we could do this, but when we're talking about people who haven't even logged into LOTRO in half a year it becomes slightly difficult to PM them :P

As also mentioned, the list is also very daunting and does not accurately represent the time that it will take to climb up the list for loot (we've had several recruits been put off raiding with us due to them feeling that they've got a better chance of getting loot in pugs, rather than climbing the sk list, cause they feel it will take that long. This is not the appearance we want the sk list to give) and the administration needed to manage the list keeps getting greater and greater as we add more people to it. Essentially the list just needs a prune of those who are no longer in the kin, and the long term inactives (I mean we purge the kin roster every so often of inactive, to make space for new members, why can't we do the same to the sk list?)