Was wondering what others thoughts on forum based lotteries are?
- Would you enter them
- How should they be run
- Should prizes be announced from the start, or just be "Mystery Prizes" that you only discover when the lottery ends?
- If so, should it be publically announced what the prize is, or just sent to the winner and they can announce it themselves if they want
Was thinking of having separate threads for each lotto, which will advertise the closing date/time, and the prize if we decide not not make it a mystery.
People can then x up in the threads much like raiding
Winner can then me determined by some method (thinking of in-game roll based on the total number of entries)
Examples of Prizes I have availble to offer (suitable donations to the kin prize pool always welcome!):
- Housing Items
- Pipeweed & Alcohol
- Hunter/Warden Oils
- Manuals to teach you how to play various instruments
- 1-Hour run speed buffs
- 1-hour Swift travel unlock buffs
- 3-hour +20% Ettenmoors Renown buffs
- 30-min +Phys Mit buffs
- Travel maps to MANY places in middle-earth
- Rare festival recipes (eg fireworks, potted plants)
- AND MANY MANY MORE!