Forum Based Lotteries

Place your democratic votes in all major kin decisions here!
Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Forum Based Lotteries

Post by Balthelion » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Thinking of organising some forum based lotteries (Still reluctant to bring back the weekly gold coin lotteries atm, though if another officer wants to organise them I can authorise you on the site and teach you how to run them)

Was wondering what others thoughts on forum based lotteries are?
  • Would you enter them
  • How should they be run
  • etc
  • Should prizes be announced from the start, or just be "Mystery Prizes" that you only discover when the lottery ends?
  • If so, should it be publically announced what the prize is, or just sent to the winner and they can announce it themselves if they want
-----

Was thinking of having separate threads for each lotto, which will advertise the closing date/time, and the prize if we decide not not make it a mystery.

People can then x up in the threads much like raiding

Winner can then me determined by some method (thinking of in-game roll based on the total number of entries)

Examples of Prizes I have availble to offer (suitable donations to the kin prize pool always welcome!):
  • Housing Items
  • Cosmetics
  • Fireworks
  • Pipeweed & Alcohol
  • Hunter/Warden Oils
  • Food
  • Manuals to teach you how to play various instruments
  • 1-Hour run speed buffs
  • 1-hour Swift travel unlock buffs
  • 3-hour +20% Ettenmoors Renown buffs
  • 30-min +Phys Mit buffs
  • Travel maps to MANY places in middle-earth
  • Rare festival recipes (eg fireworks, potted plants)
  • AND MANY MANY MORE!
Thoughts?
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Obion
Loading…

Re: Forum Based Lotteries

Post by Obion » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Always interested in mysteries :)
Can provide some random goods from vault and crafting if need be. Happy to chip in when I can.

Sign me up.

So crappy at coming up with fun ideas to do it unfortunately.
Perhaps like the old gold lottery we had but on a every second week, monthly basis so not to wear and tear too much.
Wouldn't mind another "hide 'n seek in Thorins homested" run.
Hide 'n seek in maze would work but at least I know it by heart now. Probably more than me. Scary place in Shire party tree is another fun place. But think they are only open for spring/fall festival. But we could combine them. Then it would be more of a kin gathering and not just festival thingy.
The idea of combining festivals with kin gathering could work.

Still into the idea of the kin showing up and totally overrun a place. Ettens, Nan Curuinir or other. Unfortunately it limits to level.
But hundreds of rangers showing up, given an rousing speech by officers and then storm a place could be fun. Think Riders of Rohan in 3:d movie. In my mind atm, at least it sounds fun. But, hard to do as it limit the participants cause of level.
Not exactly on topic that last part. Just thinking about things the kin could do.

And now I remembered I have to do the chicken instances so we can do a chicken run and invade Sarumans stinky place.

Sorry for the random mubling and off-topics. Hopefully some ideas will spring from it.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Obion wrote:Perhaps like the old gold lottery we had but on a every second week, monthly basis so not to wear and tear too much.
Someone still has to dedicate themselves to organising it. This means advertising the lottery, receiving all money in the mail (while not confusing it with their own money!), adding the names of players entering to the website, etc etc, as well as simply doing the draw and sending out the prize. I quite frankly don't have the motivation to do it unfortunately.
Obion wrote:But hundreds of rangers showing up, given an rousing speech by officers and then storm a place could be fun. Think Riders of Rohan in 3:d movie.
We should make a youtube movie :mrgreen:

Recreate the charge at Pelennor Fields or something - and add in the actual movie voiceovers to our crazy in-game acting :mrgreen:

Or even a series of shorts lampooning key moments of the trilogies, with film voiceovers :mrgreen:

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Most fun I ever had was the Bree parkour event.
I could also set (rather than win ;) some quizzes in the kinhouse for cosmetics, dyes, housing stuff etc.
Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

andrac
Danger Mouse
Danger Mouse

Post by andrac » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:06 pm

i always was in a rush and did not had time to enjoy other nice stuff in this game, like festivals, (yes, i never participated in one) and i will love to do some funny stuff, specially that is a period of silence until Rohan will be here.

join lotto as posting your name in a topic.
we can do that weekly or twice per week, the lotto can last 2-3 days. MotD can have info about it.
since we have almost all what we need, i sugest that the prizes to be Mystery Prizes.
at the end of the lotto, we make the prize public so everyone could laugh and have some fun
as winning methode, the posting order could be your lucky number
at the end, the lotto lider can roll/(number of posts) and in this way we can choose the winner.
in this way we can use more oftenly the website. let think this as something easy to do, not taking too much time and the prizes to be fun or usefull.
as prizes, if we could have a chest empty, we could fill that with stuff, and the winner could ask for a number from that chest.
sorry for the wall text, i hope u can use some of this

Wouldn't mind another "hide 'n seek in Thorins homested" run. (was a quote from obi) since i missed the last one.
Andracy - Mins 100 (tailor) | Andrady - RK 100 (scholar) | Andracya - Burg 100 (weaponsmith) | Andrac - Hunt 100 (woodworker) | Gabytza LM 100 (jeweller) | Anduta - Warden 100 (jeweller)

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:56 pm

andrac wrote:as prizes, if we could have a chest empty, we could fill that with stuff, and the winner could ask for a number from that chest.
Reminds me of TV game shows where they pick a number hoping to win a luxury holiday only to find they've won something crap like a selection of cheese (Which in lotro's case might be some barrow bree :P)

Piiraadzins
Sergeant of the Guard
Sergeant of the Guard

Post by Piiraadzins » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:50 am

But barrow bree gives you a title :D ( could even do a event, where one of us eats it and healers try to keep him alive )

Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Post by Netham » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:33 am

They should lvl scale barrow brie!
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Rielthiere
High Warden
High Warden

Post by Rielthiere » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Piiraadzins wrote:But barrow bree gives you a title :D ( could even do a event, where one of us eats it and healers try to keep him alive )
no point tbh. i've done it before. lvl75s can get through it with a single healer, and it really isn't difficult. its boring, thats about it.
Netham wrote:They should lvl scale barrow brie!
this i would actually agree with. then it really would be unwise to eat it, and it would make it interesting to see if healers could keep someone up through it. though i suspect tanks (with high mitigations and high health) would still survive with 1-2 healers.

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty
Loading…

Post by Balthelion » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Lv75's don't need a healer. In fact anything about 45+ should be ok with a single cheese, as OCMR should be enough to handle it