Game of Thrones

Random chat discussion
Netham
First Marshall
First Marshall

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Netham » Wed May 07, 2014 1:01 pm

Pretty much spot on there Bal. I really liked OZ back in the day and have watched it several times. What's common with these 2 is violence, loads of all kinda sex and the plotting. :) A good series doesn't need more but if it has dragons then I'm on it.

Can't wait to see the rest of the story unfold. The quality of the show is really awesome so I'm starting a rerun with my wife because she didn't have 35 hours to spend in 2 weeks to see it with me. :p
All the Neth chars in kin except Nethoss :)

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Wed May 07, 2014 2:32 pm

I'd really recommend reading the books too at some point if you're into reading. As good as the show adaptation is, the reality of converting it into batches of 10-hour television means that they've had to simplify things increasingly with each passing year. To be fair to them they're doing a really good job of "stripping the fat" this year while still hitting the many main beats for each of the characters.

There's also the issue of what works in a book, with each chapter written from a specific character's point of view (so we're in their heads), doesn't necessarily translate well to a visual format where we're an external observer. That's been particularly contentious this year, as pretty much everyone who has't read the books thought Jaime raped Cersei. The visual imagery is there to suggest otherwise, for those who can spot it, but yeah, if you don't and without being in one of the characters heads (I think it was Cersei's POV in the books) then it can come across a little bit rape-y.

---

Each of the five remaining episode will definately have an epic moment in them based on their titles:
(Spoiler Free if you're up to Episode 5)
  1. Episode 6: The Laws of Gods and Men - Tyrion's Trial, not really a spoiler that this one's coming if you've been watching season 4. And I don't think masturbation jokes are going to save him this time :P
  2. Episode 7: Mockingbird - "Only Cat." :mrgreen:
  3. Episode 8: The Mountain & The Viper - You can probably guess where this one is going
  4. Episode 9: The Watcher's on the Wall - Mance lights the biggest fire the north has ever seen :mrgreen:
  5. Episode 10: The Children - There's really nothing more to say about this other than :mrgreen:
Also, it should be noted that there will be a "week off" between episodes 7 & 8 (ie, two weeks between episodes), which is pretty normal for Thrones. And if Ep7 ends like I'm pretty sure it will...Yeah, time for recovery and composure before heading into the rollercoaster of the last three weeks.
GW2: Taikken ~ Vasuuki ~ Artuura
EVE: Marcus Rushe
SW:TOR: Tannik ~ Celandra ~ Korrun
League | Steam | Minecraft: LeoxStryker

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Wed May 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:26 am

Spoilers

THE MOUNTAIN WINS
FATALITY

Obion

Post by Obion » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:31 am

I thought he died too, would make it a draw. What is the ruling in a draw?

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:27 pm

Babality.

Elia Martell's children and Joffrey died, after all.

Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:01 pm

Tiny Spoilers
Obion wrote:I thought he died too, would make it a draw. What is the ruling in a draw?
Well he's not dead yet, though a spear through the bowels plus the Red Viper's trademark use of a poisoned blade means he's not long for this world.

But technically it's last man standing wins. Oberyn, with his head imploded, is very much dead. The mountain outlasted him, so is therefore the victor.

No such thing as a retrial in Westeros. :)

Aedfrith

Post by Aedfrith » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Always a bummer when Heartseeker gets interrupted...

Aedfrith - Yarrr! | Aldnoth - Respect mah authoritah!| Hrolfdan - Buurrp! | Rumbold - BAPPLE! | Morriarty - Yak-a-boo! | Hraldan - DORF! | Aldfryd - KYAI PAN TUO KYAI! | Aednoth - BOOM! | Rumbelina - :3 | Mishhar - Grroar!

Balthelion
The Almighty
The Almighty

Post by Balthelion » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Next she'll be complaining on the forums about how squishy hunters are, getting one-shotted all the time.

Arwat
Guardsman
Guardsman

Post by Arwat » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:44 pm

As this season draws to it's end, time for some laughs

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ashleyperez/got-jokes